The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up February 21st, 2023

• BANDIT 440BANDIT 440422,713
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 15:59
    The sale almost read my mind this week. Ballad of Gay Tony, This War of Mine TLO, Red Faction Guerilla. Just needed Dark Souls 2 for the 360 to not be 20 bucks.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef200,290
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 16:49
    Would anyone recommend Deadlight: Director’s Cut for a completionist? Looks interesting.
  • Posted on 21 February 23 at 18:33
    Nave Sutlef said:
    Would anyone recommend Deadlight: Director’s Cut for a completionist? Looks interesting.
    I played Deadlight on the 360 and afterwards I was interested in this version too, but the „Nightmare“-achievement made me avoid it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead768,814
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 19:08, Edited on 21 February 23 at 19:09 by HolyHalfDead
    doMePieceKiLLA said:
    Who decides what games go on sale? Metro Xbox saga is finally on sale but not the windows version?! So annoying
    The publisher of a game can change the price anytime they want. However it is Microsoft that decide which of those price changes they are going to promote.

I believe some publishers (eg Ubisoft) have an agreement with Microsoft that their games can be discounted by a certain amount any time Microsoft wish.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 19:14
    byndfitality said:
    Go buy the Metro games at those low prices. What a great deal for a good/great game!
    3 games and all DLC for less than half the price of a single piece of mediocre DLC for another game.

Dead Island bundle is another great deal.

It’s why I cannot bring myself to pay $40 for something like AC Valhalla Ragnarok DLC.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • doMePieceKiLLAdoMePieceKiLLA1,064,538
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 20:06
    HolyHalfDead said:
    doMePieceKiLLA said:
    Who decides what games go on sale? Metro Xbox saga is finally on sale but not the windows version?! So annoying
    The publisher of a game can change the price anytime they want. However it is Microsoft that decide which of those price changes they are going to promote.

I believe some publishers (eg Ubisoft) have an agreement with Microsoft that their games can be discounted by a certain amount any time Microsoft wish.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer this! Means a lot! Metro saga windows was last on sale in 2021. Im hoping it will show up again someday. I really don’t want to spend 60$ on it, knowing sometime it will be $20. Cheers bro!!
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef200,290
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 21:54
    Jimbo LaFleur said:
    Nave Sutlef said:
    I played Deadlight on the 360 and afterwards I was interested in this version too, but the „Nightmare“-achievement made me avoid it.
    Thank you, I shall avoid it too. Not a fan of achievements like that.
  • vegansoundvegansound1,184,458
    Posted on 21 February 23 at 23:02
    Schinderdiv said:
    Loch Doun said:
    I’ll grab The Last Campfire for 3 bucks
    A very wise decision.
    Thanks for the advise, both of you. I never read the comments, but yours made me wonder what was that unknown game to me, and I pretty liked the gameplay I saw. 3€/$, 50% of completion, 5-6hrs to finish (so it's not a developer willing to make easy money with quick 1,000Gs), everything looks good. I purchased it. clap
  • DTX DanDTX Dan227,833
    Posted on 22 February 23 at 01:23
    Saints Row at 26.99 is really tempting me... Worth it at that price point?
  • SPNKrSPNKr377,040
    Posted on 22 February 23 at 03:43, Edited on 22 February 23 at 03:48 by SPNKr
    TC Spinlter Cell Double Agent for the (Xbox 360) is not on sale on an Xbox 360 or the marketplace website. The price in the article is only available on a Gen 8+ console or the new website.
  • Posted on 23 February 23 at 04:47
    The Cherished said:
    Is that a good price for Kingdom Come Deliverance and the DLC? I'm ready to play a game that isn't made by Eastasiasoft or Desert Water...
    Thats an absolute steal at that price. Love Kingdom come
  • Dvader83Dvader83563,738
    Posted on 24 February 23 at 00:02
    Is anyone else confused by the Plaion publisher sale banner vs. the games saying when the sale ends? When I click on the sale, the banner at the top shows the sale ends on the 27th of February, but the games on sale all say "ends in 11 days."
  • wildwest08wildwest081,813,104
    Posted on 24 February 23 at 00:34
    Somehow I never got Slime Rancher on GWG so I will pick that up, maybe that campfire game
  • BeatsMeanzHighsBeatsMeanzHighs1,046,896
    Posted on 25 February 23 at 15:23
    Anyone debating whether to get the Last Campfire, you really should get the game for the ridiculously low price. I would compare it to a Zelda dungeon game, but without the combat. Good story, good puzzles, really nice presentation. No complaints whatsoever. I honestly almost feel guilty for being able to play it for under £3
    Posted on 26 February 23 at 01:38, Edited on 26 February 23 at 01:43 by HolyHalfDead
    SPNKr said:
    TC Spinlter Cell Double Agent for the (Xbox 360) is not on sale on an Xbox 360 or the marketplace website. The price in the article is only available on a Gen 8+ console or the new website.
    But for as long as the Xbox 360 marketplace exists, if you buy it on Xbox One you will be given a free licence for Xbox 360. When I buy a game I look at which store has it the cheapest and buy from that store and get a free licence from the other store. Sometimes they are the same price, but not always.

I still wish TA would separate the Xbox games from the Xbox 360 games, and the Xbox One games from the Xbox Series games.
  • SPNKrSPNKr377,040
    Posted on 26 February 23 at 01:53, Edited on 26 February 23 at 01:54 by SPNKr
    HolyHalfDead said:
    SPNKr said:
    But for as long as the Xbox 360 marketplace exists, if you buy it on Xbox One you will be given a free licence for Xbox 360. When I buy a game I look at which store has it the cheapest and buy from that store and get a free licence from the other store. Sometimes they are the same price, but not always.

I still wish TA would separate the Xbox games from the Xbox 360 games, and the Xbox One games from the Xbox Series games.
    Yeah, luckily buying it on a XSX gave me the license on the Xbox 360. I have heard that for certain games, this is not the case, which would be crazy.

I just wish they would post the proper Store Link for either the Old Marketplace or the new Website, otherwise we have to dig around a bit and find them.
    Posted on 26 February 23 at 02:42
    SPNKr said:
    Yeah, luckily buying it on a XSX gave me the license on the Xbox 360. I have heard that for certain games, this is not the case, which would be crazy.
    I don’t know about games, but I own all the Dead Space DLC on Xbox One but need to buy it again if I want it on Xbox 360.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads