Game Discussion: The Sims 3 Forum

Building a House

AuthorMessage
xBTCx Corrupted
Posted on 28 June 11 at 02:09
Can some one please enlighten me on how the heck I'm susposed to build a house? Besides the outter perimter, when else should a foundation be place?
British GM
British GM
Posted on 03 July 11 at 22:34
Is this question purely about Foundation Placement, or House-building Tips etc.?

I personally just use a foundation for the "foundation" of the house (The outer perimeter) and any porches/patio's. On the PC, if the foundation is placed over a large hole in the landscape you can make a basement but I doubt this is possible on the 360.
5th Platoon Member
xBTCx Corrupted
Posted on 03 July 11 at 22:53
Actually it was a question about where to place portions of the foundation. I did the outter perimeter thing and when i tried to place wls, the "no support" message came up, so I just used the foundation for the whole feakin house.

Heres another question, have you or any one you know ever have this happen... whe my sim went to bed every thing was green... he wakes up in a really pissy mood.. "everything is still showing green" but he refused to do anything! He has free will so when he got hungry and the "fridge" icon popped up.. all the did was lay in the bed and complain.. as if to say..."nope, I'm not doing a dam thing" I let the clock run for 2 days now.. and he has refused to do anything..., he's missed work... he's not eating, not showering, all his plants are starting to die... all he does is lay there and complain. I checked his back pack and emptied it, I even sent the fire storm raining down on his ass hoping to get him up.. but... nooooo all he did was lay there and "bitch". I've tried to send him to a different place on the city map.. but again.. its a no go, any ideas as to what else I can try?
British GM
British GM
Posted on 04 July 11 at 02:58
Just found this on GameSpot:

OP: One of my sims is stuck in bed, they just shrug and shake their head and can't get out.
Reply: You can go to the town map and "replace" your house with another one, all the sims respawn outside and the moods are replenished.

Is this the problem?...
...Replace your house, if you have the money, Mood gets boosted back up as well

That happened to me one time but I just sold everything around him and he got out... Other than that, I think you may have lost your progress.
5th Platoon Member
xBTCx Corrupted
Posted on 04 July 11 at 04:25
Thats is what my sim is doing... I'll try and replace my house, if that doesn't work then I guess I'll just have to start over ;(

Thanks for your help.
British GM
British GM
Posted on 04 July 11 at 21:24
Let us know if this does/doesn't fix it,Just in case anybody else has a similar problem
5th Platoon Member
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.