Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Site Advert Issues

AuthorMessage
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 09 April 19 at 07:38
Poopdog M60Riot said:
I can barely use this site for a full minute before getting one of these pop ups that hijack the tab. I’m on IPhone if that helps and have no issues on any other site.
Seriously, it’s somehow getting worse! I’m on IPad. It took me minutes just to get here to report this lol seriously feel like I’m loosing my mind. This is really a bummer, I love this site, and use it quite religiously, but damn this is getting rough..🥺
Here’s the link..
https://sfweeklymusic.world/29db7bcf01ff8a140ace4c22e0a84548...#
Matthew
TrueAchievement
Posted on 09 April 19 at 10:01
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Poopdog M60Riot said:
I can barely use this site for a full minute before getting one of these pop ups that hijack the tab. I’m on IPhone if that helps and have no issues on any other site.
Seriously, it’s somehow getting worse! I’m on IPad. It took me minutes just to get here to report this lol seriously feel like I’m loosing my mind. This is really a bummer, I love this site, and use it quite religiously, but damn this is getting rough..🥺
Here’s the link..
https://sfweeklymusic.world/29db7bcf01ff8a140ace4c22e0a84548...#
Hi there

We are working with the ad network to track these down, I'm really sorry you are experiencing this.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 15 April 19 at 18:18, Edited on 15 April 19 at 18:21 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Its official! I can not navigate this site anymore!! Seriously, is there an update on this?? I have never dealt with redirect spam links like this, especially for a legitimate site! Todays winner is...
https://iphone-awards.xyz/lp?lpId=70&cid=73158ece-41fb-4...#

angry

If this is bc i dont have Pro and or use some ad blocker thing, which i thought i was doing right by the site by NOT using one, sucks 😢 . Im not even mad, just disappointed...
Matthew
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 15 April 19 at 18:30
In honest opinion, I'd like to turn off my adblocker, but each time I do to check how bad it is, I am both getting worried for my PC's safety in regards to links and restraint, and also with the ads filling more than 50% on the visible part of the website, makes me turn it back on really quickly.

Keeping an eye on this thread 🍿🍺, mostly so that I know when I can turn my adblocker off again.
gamingirl.com - girls writing about games ;)
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 16 April 19 at 05:30
Reborn Insanity said:
neeker75 said:
The ads are appearing again for me. I realized it's only one ad, and it's in between my Twitter feed on the right of the home page. It almost always appear after TA auto tweets a milestone.
That ad is coming from Twitter itself. Not TA.
Sorry for replying so late. I haven't exactly been checking my threads.

It's surprising, however, that the ad is coming from Twitter itself. I use Twitter extensively, and the only ads I see are promoted tweets (and they hardly appear), not product ads.

Anyway it doesn't matter for me - I removed my Twitter feed from TA homepage. No issues since.
WonderCaliban
WonderCaliban
Posted on 16 April 19 at 09:31
Having a similar problem. Am in an ipad and I keep getting a popup advert that stops me navigating the site.

Also, the same thing happens on xbox 360 achievements, so they have the same ad causing it.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 18 April 19 at 13:51
WonderCaliban said:
Having a similar problem. Am in an ipad and I keep getting a popup advert that stops me navigating the site.

Also, the same thing happens on xbox 360 achievements, so they have the same ad causing it.
The ad network are just trialing some new anti-popup software on TSA that will hopefully stop these. As soon as we know it works we'll roll it out to TA.
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 19 April 19 at 01:19
I am also experiencing a pop up which completely interrupts me accessing this website.....

http://eu.bbankmoneysavingexpert.site

...or similar. If I add it to the block list, I just get a “similar” but slightly different one replacing it.

Hopefully this is what you are referring to as the known issue which will hopefully be resolved soon!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.