Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ratalaika no longer considering easy 1,000G updates after community pushback

• CanezzaCanezza251,144
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan959,475
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:10
    The floodgates are open lads laugh
  • Thief000Thief0001,185,463
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:10, Edited on 31 March 23 at 11:11 by Thief000
    Vudix, you said it wouldn't happen!!!

Anyway, gamerscore no longer matters to me. I still try to get an achievement a day or so, but even that's getting harder to do, being swamped with work.
  • IgolorbrIgolorbr189,757
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:13
    I think It'll be good a good way to make us replay a few games.
  • DarthDK576DarthDK57635,568
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:14
    Ratio is where it's at bois
    Previous GT: daringDK2006
  • MemoMemo348,303
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:16
    Thief000 said:
    Vudix, you said it wouldn't happen!!!

Anyway, gamerscore no longer matters to me. I still try to get an achievement a day or so, but even that's getting harder to do, being swamped with work.
    Yeah I lived for it at one point, but now don't even bother checking a games achievement list. I just play like I did on the PS1, play for my own objectives, and just get a nice surprise every now and then when an achievement pops.
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • weLtaLLcLoudweLtaLLcLoud533,729
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:16
    I wouldn't mind some Ratalaika updates....You gamers whine and complain about these easy games...Boo freakin Hoo. These easy games helps out with community events, these easy games increase your gamerscore. These easy games are a godsent and I am liking all of these crybabys...crying about gamerscore(when they actually buy and play these easy games). Cry Me A River....
    i
  • ItsRoflzItsRoflz489,762
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:17, Edited on 31 March 23 at 11:23 by ItsRoflz
    Sean saw the traffic the last article pertaining to this drew (and continues to draw) and couldn't resist throwing some more chum in the water 🤣. I'll bite by saying what I wrote on the other post more or less

If you want to play shovelware crap, feel free. Don't think it is silly for others to notice and point it out and don't get defensive when we do. Playing these types of games only polute the gamerscore system further. If it's going to be a lawless jungle without parameters on how gamerscore is distributed, we might as well stop gamerscore completely as shovelware makes it meaningless. Seeing people with over a million gamerscore and ta ratios under 1.3 is practically horrifying and shows some take pride in further toxifying the whole gamerscore system.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk
    Trev
  • NannerLoafNannerLoaf1,055,226
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:19
    Million Gamerscore is gonna no longer be an exclusive club. Membership is open boys.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,764,106
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:19, Edited on 31 March 23 at 11:19 by FailedSeppuku
    I enjoyed going back and playing some of the schmups, for a couple of quid these minigames are a nice palette cleanser between sweating in your PvP of choice or collecting 3 panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas in the latest Ubisoft open worlder.

Plus the dopamine achievement sound is nice.
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:19, Edited on 31 March 23 at 11:33 by ItsRoflz
    weLtaLLcLoud said:
    I wouldn't mind some Ratalaika updates....You gamers whine and complain about these easy games...Boo freakin Hoo. These easy games helps out with community events, these easy games increase your gamerscore. These easy games are a godsent and I am liking all of these crybabys...crying about gamerscore(when they actually buy and play these easy games). Cry Me A River....
    Whats the point in increasing gamerscore with garbage that literally anyone around you can do? Where is the sense of "achievement"? Increasing your gamerscore is pointless if its meaningless mate. Lots of games can be done with community events, thats just a convienient excuse to try to play garbage without catching flak for it
    Trev
  • dreampagedreampage592,236
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:20
    This is fundamentally a good thing - free updates for people that already own these titles. Nothing wrong with this. I think the problem stems from that many people purchased and played these games not because they liked them but to increase their gamerscore. So now that they potentially "have to" play/complete them again, it's suddenly an issue. But it's really not the publisher's problem to be honest. Buy, play and complete only what you truly like. Achievement hunting shouldn't feel like work.
  • FejerFejer1,565,573
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:20
    What is going on with this flood of easy achievements? laugh
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:21
    DarthDK576 said:
    Completion is king I always say, and ratio is an instrumental part of that
    Trev
  • Jamal2807Jamal28072,340,816
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:22
    Thank god 🙏
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef188,868
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:22
    ItsRoflz said:
    Sean saw the traffic the last article pertaining to this drew (and continues to draw) and couldn't resist throwing some more chum in the water 🤣. I'll bite by saying what I wrote on the other post more or less

If you want to play shovelware crap, feel free. Don't think it is silly for others to notice and point it out and don't get defensive when we do. Playing these types of games only polute the gamerscore system further. If it's going to be a lawless jungle without parameters on how gamerscore is distributed, we might as well stop gamerscore completely as shovelware makes it meaningless. Seeing people with over a million gamerscore and ta ratios under 1.3 is practically horrifying and shows you take pride in further toxifying the whole gamerscore system.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk
    clap
  • Clad masterClad master3,889,682
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:24
    DarthDK576 said:
    Ratio and TA score.

Gamerscore means nothing since years. You can get a million in a couple of months now facepalm
  • Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:26, Edited on 31 March 23 at 11:28 by RyanMushr00ms
    DarthDK576 said:
    Agree with this. The flood of easy gamerscore is ridiculous trash money pumps for them. Not saying I haven’t done my couple when I started gaming on Xbox or PlayStation but this ain’t like playing childrens games for easy scores. These are pump dumps cash grabs. GS don’t matter anymore everyone has a million. Let’s see them ratios instead haha
  • I Boz lI Boz l1,376,256
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:29
    Can't blame them if they find folks buying their games for that reason
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01869,511
    Posted on 31 March 23 at 11:30
    EastAsiaSoft and Ratalaika have both released some generally fun games as well. So I don't really mind this at all. If it gets even more people buying their games and we see more releases from them.

Eventually though like all the even ******* games that were released on PSN with platinums from Xbox's creator collection area. They'll come a time when MS will crackdown on it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads