Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ratalaika no longer considering easy 1,000G updates after community pushback

• Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning3,269,949
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:19
    The Allslayer said:
    GusM60Patton said:
    Do you and slayer reigning always do everything together? Stop holding hands and brigading, it’s pathetic.

Majority of you all are guilty of easy completions or following a guide or boosting with friends and killing each other to grind, and you want to draw lines on imaginary points, when it becomes ok and when it becomes wrong. It’s gate keeping and akin to an echo chamber. Where is my ban you all keep saying I’m getting?

Because you don’t run shit and you aren’t shit. You’re just another gamer with a complex trying to tell other people how to do shit when you aren’t perfect.

Who cares? Why does this conversation matter? It sure won’t stop any game releases and it won’t affect anyone, might stress you out until you become unhealthy but that’s a blessing. Keep coming back
    Doesn't look like Slayer Reigning has even replied to you? And I don't think I've ever interacted with him besides accepting a friend request on here but ok?

You seem very defensive for someone that doesn't care, all I said was you didn't play the game which is why you don't remember it. I don't do shit on PC so I have no idea if that is a game that TA allows such methods for or not.

Investigations take like a couple weeks or something fyi, so nothing would be happening anytime soon assuming you were just reported in the last few days anyway.
    I guess this guy is still going, and wasn't his tag Krieg when I was replying?!

Allslayer and I have a mutual love for Gears, plus his tag is great IMO cause it was a play on Allfather, with a great touch.
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • S GTS GT607,439
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:24
    Vudix said:
    Unpredictable D said:
    CatTully said:
    Gamerscore already is completely meaningless, silly.
    yeah, sure, and why are all these people talking about cheevos then ? I'm super sure CEOs of Ratalaika, Eastasiasoft, Xitilon and so on would strongly disagree with your point after looking at their sales figures
    Well, there’s a story there. If you’re actually curious about the metrics title updates provide a marginal bump and then stagnate. It isn’t profitable in the long term and destroys the brand image.

Consider this scenario: You are an indie developer that has spent 2 years on making a game they’re very proud of. Who would you rather publish with? A publisher only known for quick completions that get thrown to the curb and called shovelware or a publisher known for releasing quality indie games?
    You’d likely pick the second and avoid the first.

The other thing is that they’ve all done different things for a reason.

For Xitilon, he viewed it as giving back and putting more in the pot for people to be able to earn. A favor.

For Desert Water, easy sales.

For EAS, easy sales.

For Ratalaika, they didn’t want to destroy their brand and realized it was a net loss move.

My source? I’ve spoken to each of these people first hand.
    Can you give a basic insight on how to publish a game on the WIN10/XB store and the associated costs? do i need a publisher or could i self publish and have my games have achievements too
  • ChaosSlayerX187ChaosSlayerX1875,468,236
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:25, Edited on 02 April 23 at 14:26 by ChaosSlayerX187
    I'm not a fan of these easy free title updates. I personally would like it if developers would stop doing this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:34
    vSully said:
    CheshireMulisha said:
    The gamers that are "pushing back" probably wouldn't have bought the games anyway.
    People that care about other peoples gamerscore should probably get a new hobby.
    Did you even bother reading through the responses people have given before vomiting your opinion into this thread?

One person who has “pushed back“ plays all of these games. He’s one of the highest ranked players on the site. He plays these games because everybody that he’s competing with also plays these games. It’s a net gain for nobody. If he doesn’t play these games, he loses standing on the main site ranking leaderboard that he’s worked at for a dozen or more years at this point. He doesn’t want to have to continue to play these stupid trash games for easy points but he has to because everybody else is because they feel that they have to because you can’t continue to compete in something that you’ve worked on for so long if you don’t.

I’m not even sure how to reply to your second point. You have to care about what other people do when you are competing against them. This is a statistic driven site that pushes competition. But the basis of competition on this site has deteriorated because of the type of games we are discussing in this thread. I don’t care what you play. Nobody wants to stop people from doing what they enjoy. But when there is competition, or an attempted competition, there should also be an attempt to find a legitimate framework and a level of fairness.

I know it’s a waste of breath to reply to you or anybody else who feels the way you feel because the facts are apparently irrelevant.
    I for one have deep respect for you, and I like how you worded this. I feel I understand your perspective more from how you’ve worded it and you’ve given a better worded perspective.
    Personally I think it would be completely fine to completely strike these games from TA as counting. Any of the 5 minute completions.
    Any of the anime story games you just increase the speed of, or these level skip cheats achievements.

Or, they set the true achievement score for these games to 0 instead of what it’s at now.
    This would purify the leaderboards a bit more to be competitive while still allowing guides for those wanting to get these points for whatever reason.

Our achievements on Xbox live Don’t all have to come to this site and count for rating and I feel it would be fair to remove games of this caliber. People can get all of them, get higher points on Xbox, trade in gift cards and support the developers if they chose.

I don’t agree with most people here because it’s clear they don’t want the competition. The ones that dog pile show their true colors, and the harassment of developers and contacting them directly like some who post here have is uncalled for and petty.

Just set the TA for all of them to a flat 0.
    GusM60Patton
  • S GTS GT607,439
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:38
    i swear to god im going to use chatgpt to create an infinite amount of shovelware and have like 100 regional stacks for the minimum amount of $ possible going to sell a bundle for of 100 Games at 5000G for 5$ so in an ideal scenario you should be able to unlock 1M gamerscore in a few hours for around 10$.
    I will also have easy titels with the maximum amount of achievements so it ups the completion percentage compute
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:41
    S GT said:
    i swear to god im going to use chatgpt to create an infinite amount of shovelware and have like 100 regional stacks for the minimum amount of $ possible going to sell a bundle for of 100 Games at 5000G for 5$ so in an ideal scenario you should be able to unlock 1M gamerscore in a few hours for around 10$.
    I will also have easy titels with the maximum amount of achievements so it ups the completion percentage compute
    Good luck getting that approved to the marketplace, you'll need it.
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • S GTS GT607,439
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:46
    Slayer Reigning said:
    S GT said:
    microsoft really needs to level the playing field here because i kinda feel discriminated by all the high gamerscores around me angry might need a gamerscore redistribution for more equality. Im semi joking here but am i really i cant tell anymore
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:49
    S GT said:
    Slayer Reigning said:
    S GT said:
    microsoft really needs to level the playing field here because i kinda feel discriminated by all the high gamerscores around me angry might need a gamerscore redistribution for more equality. Im semi joking here but am i really i cant tell anymore
    All Gamerscores matter, I don't judge a person's profile.
  • S GTS GT607,439
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 14:53
    Slayer Reigning said:
    S GT said:
    Slayer Reigning said:
    S GT said:
    All Gamerscores matter, I don't judge a person's profile.
    yes! thats how i always looked at it
  • ClockwerksClockwerks1,091,183
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 15:24
    GusM60Patton said:
    Clockwerks said:
    GusM60Patton said:
    I could care less, might devastate you because this is all you live for and have no life outside this. I primarily follow guides on this website, like with Mount and Blade I got those before it wasn’t allowed.

You can report me if it makes you feel like you matter to anyone, number.
    Lmao getting caught has clearly upset you greatly - no need to lash out at me for simply calling it like I see it. All of these insults are also rich coming from someone who has 200+ more days of playtime logged than me.

My guy, you got over 52k GS in March. I got like 1.7k. A bit ironic, don't you think? You seem like an absolutely miserable person though based on your tone, so I imagine critical thinking isn't a strong suit of yours. Enjoy that ban though wave
    I’m not your guy, I didn’t get caught doing anything that’s not already displayed on my profile. You only got 1.7k? I don’t see how that’s a flex at all.
    I bet you wish you could ban people, you all get so horny over the concept of bans and removals, removing games or achievements, I don’t mind being banned, I don’t mind hard achievements or easy ones. The majority of you have all gotten easy completions, have all used guides or looked up how to accomplish something.

At one point it stopped being for fun and has consumed you all, like you think it’s a real sport or even matters. So you all jump on anyone who doesn’t agree with you, it’s a big circle jerk like Reddit and you’re all pathetic.
    ...you're not getting it. It's not intended to be a flex. I'm saying it's ironic you're out here saying others have no life when you took the time to farm 50k more GS than my total for March.

That all being said, I'm fine to end this conversation here as it is off topic and you don't seem well (based on some of your other responses). Feel free to get your last response. As it was said before:

FlopsyTheRabbit said:
    Tell you what friend, you seem to like getting in the last word. Presumably to cover up the lack of any substance in your replies. So here's what we can do, I won't reply to you anymore, and you can reply one last time this post. That way you can feel like you've won. Deal?
  • SaurvivalistSaurvivalist1,030,458
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 15:37
    Leave the thread for 2 days and Sully speaking nothing but facts and everyone's ganging up on a cheat. Wtf happened
    https://discord.gg/thegreatvalley
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,470,722
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 16:25
    Johnny Sinister said:
    Ratalaika said they might add TUs, but they didn't say they would be handouts.

Now is their chance to release TUs for full game completions, speed runs, and no-death runs. Interested to see how supporters of this practice would feel if they were actually required to apply some effort...
    what could have been but entitled gamers decided to bully ratalaika before we ever found out...I would have welcomed these challenges
    sad that updates like those would have made the games not be shovelware that so many complained about but redownloading a game less than half a vigor paying 5 dollars in most cases was to much for some gamers
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,470,722
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 17:09
    Came Too Fast said:
    Idk why everyone can't just enjoy what they enjoy. Looking at other people's plates and being mad that they're eating McDonald's (shovelware) while you're eating steak (AAA titles) is just dumb. You're both eating. You're mad because they got a full belly for $5 while you spent $30 on your steak.
    Play the games. Just play. At the end of the day, just be content with who you are and what your stats prove to yourself. It doesn't matter if you got 200k GS by only playing AAA titles while someone spent a week getting 200k GS playing easy titles. There's no rewards (for the most part). You aren't missing out on money or prizes. Comparison is the thief of joy!
    one of the better analogies i am just angry that I am getting denied free updates for games I purchased to support the publisher.

i play easy games and play hard games with high ratios (dead by daylight dead space 2 and 3 all the different difficulty modes as well as left for dead 1 and 2 on the hardest difficulties all campaigns with realism enabled)and have fun
  • Posted on 02 April 23 at 17:12
    Nobody bullied Ratalaika, Jesus Christ. People shared their opinions on a companies games, even if they are negative...that's not 'bullying"
    Hola
  • Posted on 02 April 23 at 17:58
    Seems like players here want achievements that require hundreds of efforts and lots of time spent in long intense grinds. Not everyone has the time for that.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 April 23 at 18:00
    Clockwerks said:
    GusM60Patton said:
    Clockwerks said:
    GusM60Patton said:
    I could care less, might devastate you because this is all you live for and have no life outside this. I primarily follow guides on this website, like with Mount and Blade I got those before it wasn’t allowed.

You can report me if it makes you feel like you matter to anyone, number.
    Lmao getting caught has clearly upset you greatly - no need to lash out at me for simply calling it like I see it. All of these insults are also rich coming from someone who has 200+ more days of playtime logged than me.

My guy, you got over 52k GS in March. I got like 1.7k. A bit ironic, don't you think? You seem like an absolutely miserable person though based on your tone, so I imagine critical thinking isn't a strong suit of yours. Enjoy that ban though wave
    I’m not your guy, I didn’t get caught doing anything that’s not already displayed on my profile. You only got 1.7k? I don’t see how that’s a flex at all.
    I bet you wish you could ban people, you all get so horny over the concept of bans and removals, removing games or achievements, I don’t mind being banned, I don’t mind hard achievements or easy ones. The majority of you have all gotten easy completions, have all used guides or looked up how to accomplish something.

At one point it stopped being for fun and has consumed you all, like you think it’s a real sport or even matters. So you all jump on anyone who doesn’t agree with you, it’s a big circle jerk like Reddit and you’re all pathetic.
    ...you're not getting it. It's not intended to be a flex. I'm saying it's ironic you're out here saying others have no life when you took the time to farm 50k more GS than my total for March.

That all being said, I'm fine to end this conversation here as it is off topic and you don't seem well (based on some of your other responses). Feel free to get your last response. As it was said before:

FlopsyTheRabbit said:
    Tell you what friend, you seem to like getting in the last word. Presumably to cover up the lack of any substance in your replies. So here's what we can do, I won't reply to you anymore, and you can reply one last time this post. That way you can feel like you've won. Deal?
    I didn’t say anyone didn’t have a life, that’s a disingenuous insertion.
    Yes I have got over 50k and some have gotten 100k in a month, I don’t understand why that matters to you at all.
    I’m doing how I’ve always done and it doesn’t matter, none of this matters.

You say it’s having the last word, I just feel that silence is consent.
    If you respond I’m going to respond because that’s what a conversation is. You can opt out as nobody is forcing you to engage with anyone.
    GusM60Patton
  • Posted on 02 April 23 at 18:51
    Reading replies in the 20+ pages is like sorting reddit comments by controversial laugh
    Don't Quote Me iF Your Ratio is Less Than 2.0
  • Punk NinePunk Nine2,923,094
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 19:01
    Who needs Mexican novellas when I have this thread
    TL,DR
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha3,140,052
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 19:02
    vSully said:
    CheshireMulisha said:
    The gamers that are "pushing back" probably wouldn't have bought the games anyway.
    People that care about other peoples gamerscore should probably get a new hobby.
    Did you even bother reading through the responses people have given before vomiting your opinion into this thread?

One person who has “pushed back“ plays all of these games. He’s one of the highest ranked players on the site. He plays these games because everybody that he’s competing with also plays these games. It’s a net gain for nobody. If he doesn’t play these games, he loses standing on the main site ranking leaderboard that he’s worked at for a dozen or more years at this point. He doesn’t want to have to continue to play these stupid trash games for easy points but he has to because everybody else is because they feel that they have to because you can’t continue to compete in something that you’ve worked on for so long if you don’t.

I’m not even sure how to reply to your second point. You have to care about what other people do when you are competing against them. This is a statistic driven site that pushes competition. But the basis of competition on this site has deteriorated because of the type of games we are discussing in this thread. I don’t care what you play. Nobody wants to stop people from doing what they enjoy. But when there is competition, or an attempted competition, there should also be an attempt to find a legitimate framework and a level of fairness.

I know it’s a waste of breath to reply to you or anybody else who feels the way you feel because the facts are apparently irrelevant.
    cry more
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483384,281
    Posted on 02 April 23 at 20:50
    Good riddance.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads