The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Extreme Shopping Sale on Xbox LIVE

• StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS569,757
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 09:48
    Blade kitten was 1200 a while back. Got it for 400 yesterday!
    New x12 Headset Ordered.
  • dancrozierdancrozier382,637
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 10:06
    Picked up Outland, hope it's good! smile
  • Philip39Philip3977,951
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 10:13
    I wouldn't get Trails as you can buy it as retail which is bundled with Limbo and Splosion man for £11!
  • shanky86shanky8651,141
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 10:17
    Trouble Witches Neo is really good. I've never really played shmups, but it has introduced me to the genre and it's so much fun. It's not ridiculously hard either.
  • DROGTURISTDROGTURIST330,426
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 10:33
    Anyone considering Serious Sam should know that there's a disc version with both games that sold abysmally and is thus always on sale for a few bucks. Your local shop probably doesn't have it, but Amazon and the like do.
  • NiteJokesterNiteJokester1,288,782
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 10:35
    Lame can't wait for the good deals to start!headspin
    You talking? I thought I felt a breeze!
  • takuto nekotakuto neko182,083
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 11:38
    I just trialed Wakfu and it seemed fun and have downloaded Outland to try.

Bit unsure on Wakfu...Lovely music but dunno something about it makes me unsure if I'd really like it or not..Still not a bad amount of points to spend though. Will wait until I see what these Friday deals are going to be though.
  • DontasciimeDontasciime352,757
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 12:33
    HeyMrBassman said:
    Outland has been tempting me for a while, so this may be the perfect opportunity to get it. I only have 400 msp on account at the moment though, so I guess I may wait until Friday to see if anything better presents itself.

Last sale like this, Major Nelson posted the Friday specials ahead of time - however, this time, he's still quiet on the subject so far. Maybe a blog post will materialise soon.
    Probably waiting for his crystal ball to drop
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper934,064
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 14:55
    I highly recommend Bionic Commando Rearmed, it's an amazing game that really isn't talked about a lot. Same goes for Section 8: Prejudice. Can't go wrong with either.

Rearmed 2 and Blade Kitten are a bit more down to personal taste, but I also liked them a lot.
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 14:58
    Might get the AC2 DLC. Loved the main story, would be interesting to see how the missing sequences fitted in, even if they dont have achievements. Aside from that, nothing on there really interests me on that list.
    Feel free to PM me about the GTA IV walkthrough, or any problems you're having with the game.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen703,591
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 14:59
    Got Outland, Star Raiders and Ghostbusters this time around, already had a few others from previous sales.
    For the Rum and the Cheese!
  • Loch DounLoch Doun289,137
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 15:49, Edited on 28 September 11 at 15:49 by Loch Doun
    Outland is a must buy, as for everything else I'll demo Blade Kitten and see if it's worth it.
  • OlsAbsss xOlsAbsss x142,185
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 16:21
    Serious sam is a must buy for anyone even mildy interested in FPS, id say it is one of the few games thats worth 1200pts but at 400 its the steal of the century!
    SmokeThaHerbbbb
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 17:48, Edited on 28 September 11 at 17:48 by AntaraelDulacre
    Already got Bionic Commando 1, Blade Kitten, The Maw, Monday Night Combat, Serious Sam and Trials on other Deals...buuut still some Games here that are tempting me...will probably go for Outland, Trouble Witches, Island of Wakfu...and maybe some Ghostbusters, Moon Diver or Shank...AC2 DLC is also tempting even without achievements....well may need more points when friday mystery deals show up lol...

(and backlog is about 150 games already unplayed lol)
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 18:57, Edited on 28 September 11 at 18:57 by Vinicius Menti
    Got Outland. Wondering if there is going to be interesting titles promoted item next Friday, smile
    Live and Let Live!
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 20:20
    I might pick up The Maw and Monday Night Combat need some need XBLA games now
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 21:06
    Time to pick up Trouble Witchs Neo. clap
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!!
  • Hey RettoHey Retto242,714
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 21:21
    I picked up Section 8 and Moon Diver. Still thinking about Outland.
    Retto
  • Posted on 28 September 11 at 21:57
    Kinda want to get "The Maw"...guess i'll try out demo (if it has one) to see first lol
  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,800
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 22:08
    Mrmoore0 said:
    Kinda want to get "The Maw"...guess i'll try out demo (if it has one) to see first lol
    All XBLA games have demos
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.