Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Expanse: A Telltale Series gets a drama-filled story trailer

• GJChesterGJChester425,003
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 15:53
    Think I’ll wait till there’s a season pass given TellTales prior pricing if you want to buy it piecemeal as it drops..
  • Dfaultz vDfaultz v475,094
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 15:53
    love the telltale games! still got 1.5 stacks of the 3 total stacks for walking dead! picked up the full season physcial bundle which lets me earn all achievments again
  • Posted on 01 June 23 at 15:54
    Sweet. Ill definitely play it once the entire thing is released
    Never seen the Expanse I'd like to try watching that too before I play but I guess I've got plenty of time
  • ClaudioChampClaudioChamp1,235,550
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 15:56, Edited on 01 June 23 at 15:56 by ClaudioChamp
    Grrr i think we're done with this episodic game style by now. Just to be clear the problem is not the game itself , but the developers that choose to dont release the full game. I will buy when all episodes become available though
  • TehJofusTehJofus1,397,536
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 16:03
    Never read or seen any Expanse stuff, but I’ll probably end up playing this for the 1000G. Quite curious if they’re going to switch up the gameplay more or if it’ll still be “walk here, conversation, walk there, QTE”.
  • Posted on 01 June 23 at 16:10
    I'm worried this will be like the Game of Thrones Telltale game. With The Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Borderlands, I felt I got enough in the first episode to understand the setting it was in. Game of Thrones meanwhile apparently throws you in during the middle of the series and it was so confusing to me what characters did what or who was in charge.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76824,130
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 16:12
    Most of this "sci-fi" series was about mindnumbingly boring politics. Hoping this will be different. But not holding my breath. They also discovered some sort of alien portal to another world. But apparently that wasn't interesting enough for more than an episode or two, because humans really, really like fighting amongst themselves.
    Series X | 360 | PS4 Pro | Steam Deck | PC | Android
  • The CherishedThe Cherished2,453,687
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 16:31
    Deck Nine is one of the few devs on my "instant day one buy" list because they've never, EVER let me down with their hilarious comedy stylings. Can't wait for this!
  • Posted on 01 June 23 at 17:08
    Damn. I enjoy a nice Telltale game here and there but $40 is kinda pricey for this
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,861
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 17:18
    I wish there was a game where I could just travel around to different planets and former battlezones and scavenge ships. Something like a combo of Hardspace: Shipbreaker and Space Hulk.
  • NS4701NS4701142,493
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 18:06
    SilentJay76 said:
    Most of this "sci-fi" series was about mindnumbingly boring politics. Hoping this will be different. But not holding my breath. They also discovered some sort of alien portal to another world. But apparently that wasn't interesting enough for more than an episode or two, because humans really, really like fighting amongst themselves.
    You obviously did not watch/read the entire thing.

The Expanse is by far my most favorite show/book series! Love love love it! Cannot wait!!!
  • DanixpxdDanixpxd528,172
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 18:26
    Wait.. wasn't Deck Nine part of Square Enix? That means no more Life Is Strange games?
  • Posted on 01 June 23 at 18:38
    This trailer looked a bit boring to me. I learned that there's a treasure and big bad guys will be on their ass if they get it.

I have no concept what The Expanse is about, but I think I'll wait a bit. I loved some of old Telltale but we shall see
    I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism...SPACE!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead787,513
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 19:12
    BionicTriforce said:
    I'm worried this will be like the Game of Thrones Telltale game. With The Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Borderlands, I felt I got enough in the first episode to understand the setting it was in. Game of Thrones meanwhile apparently throws you in during the middle of the series and it was so confusing to me what characters did what or who was in charge.
    That is Game of Thrones for you.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • james765james765682,865
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 21:05
    I hope Telltale learns from the past and do not put the entire game on sale until awhile after the whole game is available. While this is probably unpopular opinion them doing this in the past is part of the reason they shut down in the first place along with spending to much money on too many ips at one time.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,229,125
    Posted on 01 June 23 at 23:25
    TehJofus said:
    Never read or seen any Expanse stuff, but I’ll probably end up playing this for the 1000G. Quite curious if they’re going to switch up the gameplay more or if it’ll still be “walk here, conversation, walk there, QTE”.
    Wow. Its really good. I am 40 and have been watching Sci-fi my whole life. Expanse is easily top 5 if not top 3 SF shows of all time. The books are freaking phenomenal as well.

Its even crazier when you realize that the ENTIRE cost of Season 4 or Season 5 costs less than an episode of Mandolorian or Marvel show.

There is still a tiny sliver of hope they can make a season 6 or 7 because they take place a good while after season/book 5 ends. So its not like it would be weird if everyone has aged.
    TIL: Having numbers instead of letters in a gamertag is edgy. Awesome!
  • SpybreakerSpybreaker346,097
    Posted on 02 June 23 at 04:32
    Big fan of the show... devs/trailer/pricing/new lore and Pass.facepalm I think it'd be a better "The Expanse" experience a mod in Mass Effect.
    Now you're dead.
  • andreandre504,683
    Posted on 02 June 23 at 15:26, Edited on 02 June 23 at 15:27 by andre
    Deck Nine Games' involvement with The Expanse: A Telltale Series is enough to dwindle my interest, but the price of $44.99 (excluding taxes) removes all interest. Telltale Games should have remained defunct in 2018.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,589,488
    Posted on 02 June 23 at 20:52
    yay i am glad they are back... now hurry with wolf among us 2 please!
    Gtech
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads