The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up July 4th, 2023

• Incr3dibleBmanIncr3dibleBman1,133,630
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 13:26
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One has the lowest price yet with this sale, may redeem some rewards for that one...
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,420,637
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 15:13
    CrazyCarl92 said:
    for me, “deals with gold” is not working , along with “games with gold” , even though i have game pass unlimited. been this way for weeks. their support just says they’re working on it. pretty annoying as i wanted to buy from this sale lol..
    did you do the convert gold to ultimate trick? it seems like it is a nasty bug to that where it doesn't give you gold discounts or let you download gwg
    if you have easy games on your gamercard dont be a hypocrite and stop others from enjoying the same games
  • SanguinDiesSanguinDies566,024
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 15:18
    qwe1313 said:
    In comments about some previous sale people were suggesting buying games within desktop browser.
    Unfortunately that also doesn't work, I've tried it more than once.

Only the "old" marketplace (e.g. Switzerland, you need Swiss balance or cc) and the store on Xbox 360 is working. Even the store of Win 10/11 is affected.

Latinfla4 said:
    did you do the convert gold to ultimate trick? it seems like it is a nasty bug to that where it doesn't give you gold discounts or let you download gwg
    All people, as long as I'm aware of, who are affected by this bug did that. And all also didn't buy Gold directly from MS. Maybe some sort of punishment? Conspiracy theories incoming....
    If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first, I'm too busy.
  • GraymawrGraymawr335,625
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 15:20
    Still too expensive for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
    Strict Available Times: 10ish PM - 1 AM EST, United States
  • rIKmANrIKmAN781,958
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 16:00
    Graymawr said:
    Still too expensive for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
    I wouldn't even play it if it was on GP!
  • Posted on 04 July 23 at 18:26, Edited on 04 July 23 at 18:30 by CrazyCarl92
    qwe1313 said:
    CrazyCarl92 said:
    for me, “deals with gold” is not working , along with “games with gold” , even though i have game pass unlimited. been this way for weeks. their support just says they’re working on it. pretty annoying as i wanted to buy from this sale lol..
    In comments about some previous sale people were suggesting buying games within desktop browser.
    Latinfla4 said:
    CrazyCarl92 said:
    Yes, I converted gold to ultimate. Regardless of desktop browser, console, mobile browser etc. didn't fix it for me.

But if anyone else is running into this glitch, there are workarounds for both games with gold and deals with gold in this thread:

Can't buy Gold Deals with Game Pass Ultimate
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,932
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 21:18
    Looking for Octopath Traveler - missed it when it was on GP redface
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,420,637
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 22:29
    SanguinDies said:
    qwe1313 said:
    Unfortunately that also doesn't work, I've tried it more than once.

Only the "old" marketplace (e.g. Switzerland, you need Swiss balance or cc) and the store on Xbox 360 is working. Even the store of Win 10/11 is affected.

Latinfla4 said:
    All people, as long as I'm aware of, who are affected by this bug did that. And all also didn't buy Gold directly from MS. Maybe some sort of punishment? Conspiracy theories incoming....
    didnt know about not buying gold from xbox...the previous couple of times I did the conversation was use all my microsoft reward points to get as many months of gold
    as possible and then just pay the 14.99 for one month of ultimate to convert them all and it has worked since 2009 til June of this year.
    I was going to do the same thing but was worried about the gold bug since I use the digital sales quite a bit...thanks for the confirmation
    if you have easy games on your gamercard dont be a hypocrite and stop others from enjoying the same games
  • LucasK047LucasK047421,656
    Posted on 04 July 23 at 23:17
    I bought Call Of Juarez Gunslinger, but when I try to download it on xbox 360 the game doesn't appear.
    I tried looking for it in the arcades section, but it doesn't show up there either.
    Does anyone know how I can download it?
    Thank you for the information, but unfortunately I will not be able to participate at this time
  • rIKmANrIKmAN781,958
    Posted on 05 July 23 at 00:55
    SanguinDies said:
    Nah, I've converted 3yrs Gold (not directly from MS) to GPU twice now and never have a problem redeeming/downloading GwG games or with the deals.

I usually redeem GwG on the console but I've done it through a browser too.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,112,381
    Posted on 05 July 23 at 02:00
    LucasK047 said:
    I bought Call Of Juarez Gunslinger, but when I try to download it on xbox 360 the game doesn't appear.
    I tried looking for it in the arcades section, but it doesn't show up there either.
    Does anyone know how I can download it?
    It's been delisted on Xbox 360 marketplace, you can try checking your download history in 360 settings and hopefully it pops up there.

If it doesn't, I would try download the game on an Xbox One/Series if you can then checking again on 360.
  • Brenin WatsonBrenin Watson1,008,173
    Posted on 05 July 23 at 14:57
    Unpredictable D said:
    off-topic: Omori just left game pass at the end of June and it seems it is now also removed from the store, why ?
    Daaaamn, you're right. That suuuucks, I wanted to buy this next time it got a discount.
    Youtube.com/BreninWatson
  • Unpredictable DUnpredictable D1,157,430
    Posted on 05 July 23 at 15:51
    Brenin Watson said:
    Unpredictable D said:
    off-topic: Omori just left game pass at the end of June and it seems it is now also removed from the store, why ?
    Daaaamn, you're right. That suuuucks, I wanted to buy this next time it got a discount.
    same, that's pretty weird, I've seen there are a few disappointed people on reddit threads, hopefully it will be back (it's still there on steam but I don't wanna start from zero after having played for quite a few hours + I want cheevos)
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • AquilaXBLAquilaXBL326,315
    Posted on 05 July 23 at 16:49
    Kamera said:
    Snake Pass for $2.99 is a great deal.
    Thanks for the tip, can confirm it's a good deal. Played through 1/3rd of the game today. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but afterwards, it's a fun and unique platformer. Really nice graphics and music too.

Some parts can be frustrating, but if you take things slow and accept failure sometimes it's perfectly fine.
  • roastbeefxxroastbeefxx101,095
    Posted on 06 July 23 at 17:03
    Would anyone recommend the Call of Juarez game that is on sale?
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,112,381
    Posted on 07 July 23 at 11:28
    roastbeefxx said:
    Would anyone recommend the Call of Juarez game that is on sale?
    Gunslinger is great. Plays well, cool art style, doesn't overstay its welcome but there's some replayability when going for achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads