The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up August 1st, 2023

• TymanTheLongTymanTheLong547,463
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 03:22
    Arise: A Simple Story is one of the best games you’ve never played and probably haven’t even heard of. Easy completion and very high quality.
  • mOnStErSoFpUnKmOnStErSoFpUnK1,325,750
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 03:24
    I wish the Metro series would go on sale on Windows...It's been so long and I missed purchasing when on GamePass
  • Aeragon IXAeragon IX832,154
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 04:15, Edited on 01 August 23 at 04:18 by Aeragon IX
    I think it's the first time that One Piece Warrior 4 for (PC) is on sale ( was gamepass), if anyone want to add it to their collection. Xbox version is always on sale.
  • FireJunAleFireJunAle762,817
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 05:45
    For me the 2 classic Alan Wake dlcs and I already own it but Slaps and Beans is at its lowest, it's a big nostalgia punch for boys (and girls... And whatever you are ofc) of the late 80s.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,316,033
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 06:11, Edited on 01 August 23 at 06:13 by EarthboundX
    Ooh, Huntdown at 80% off, had my eye on that awesome looking game.
  • IGH KelliKatIGH KelliKat239,258
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 07:23
    Huntdown for $4 is an absolute steal. If you are into 2d action then its a must own. Worth the full $20 to me. I actually bought the physical Collectors edition for like $80.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete3,238,849
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 08:45
    Normal to big sized week.

There's a lot, but already have a lot.
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01979,678
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 10:43
    Brought:

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans (£2 side scroller beat'em'up, worth a punt)
    Huntdown (£3, never heard of it, looks good)
    What Lies in the Multiverse (£3.50, looks like it could be interesting, not sure but it was cheap)
    Enter The Gungeon (£4, never played it before, heard a lot of good things)
    Blind Fate: Edo no Yami (£8, looks very good, from wishlist)
  • Posted on 01 August 23 at 11:38, Edited on 01 August 23 at 11:38 by Alcoholic Socks
    Another week without Ghost of a Tale on sale :(
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef220,572
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 12:43
    Escaflowne01 said:
    Brought:

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans (£2 side scroller beat'em'up, worth a punt)
    Huntdown (£3, never heard of it, looks good)
    What Lies in the Multiverse (£3.50, looks like it could be interesting, not sure but it was cheap)
    Enter The Gungeon (£4, never played it before, heard a lot of good things)
    Blind Fate: Edo no Yami (£8, looks very good, from wishlist)
    Enter the Gungeon is quite tough but suuuuuch a good game, amazing rogue like with so, so many references.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,181,137
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 12:46
    Far Cry 6 Gold for $25 is a good deal, snatching that up. That was the price I was waiting for.

Guess I'll pick up this Huntdown game too since everyone is raving about it.
  • Shanec1mpShanec1mp607,816
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 16:49
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Far Cry 6 Gold for $25 is a good deal, snatching that up. That was the price I was waiting for.

Guess I'll pick up this Huntdown game too since everyone is raving about it.

I'm glad that Huntdown finally went on sale for a great price and was an instant buy for me. I've heard good things about it and the art style looks rad as well.
  • gobey17gobey171,010,463
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 17:38
    Want to buy Chrono Cross now. But just to clarify for anyone playing it, do you have to have all the cheats on to unlock the achievements, if I read correctly?
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 18:23
    jkald said:
    Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection is on sale. I've never seen this happen (had my Series X since May 2022). The regular price seems a bit steep but this looks good to me. (It's a Japanese exclusive by the way.)

https://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/store/44gp44gr44gk44gp44kti...
    How many hoops to jump through to buy that if nit in Japan? So angry when the didn't release it on us xbox store.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer20471,288,292
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 19:30
    Probably gonna break down and pick up GTA 4 this round I guess.
  • Aeragon IXAeragon IX832,154
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 20:37
    IGH KelliKat said:
    jkald said:
    Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection is on sale. I've never seen this happen (had my Series X since May 2022). The regular price seems a bit steep but this looks good to me. (It's a Japanese exclusive by the way.)

How many hoops to jump through to buy that if nit in Japan? So angry when the didn't release it on us xbox store.
    Pretty simple.
  • Raffita182Raffita18272,298
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 21:03
    so it´s funny MK11 with this discount, even when the game still on Game Pass, does anyone knows if the new version will be on the first day in Gamepass?
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong547,463
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 21:31, Edited on 01 August 23 at 21:32 by TymanTheLong
    Raffita182 said:
    so it´s funny MK11 with this discount, even when the game still on Game Pass, does anyone knows if the new version will be on the first day in Gamepass?
    I don’t know for sure, but I expect not at launch.

However even non fighting game fans should consider the Injustice 2 + Mortal Kombat 11 bundle, it is a steal, includes all DLC characters plus MK11 Aftermath and both games include a very long, quality story campaign.. The campaign fighting can be set to easy to you can basically button mash and win (it may take a few tries on bosses).

The only thing not in that bundle is Injustice 2 Infinite Free gear transmogs which you’ll only deeply want if you get heavily into the Multiverse mode and goes on regular sale for about $1.99 anyway.
  • jkaldjkald140,962
    Posted on 01 August 23 at 23:15
    IGH KelliKat said:
    jkald said:

Yeah, it's simple. Just need to buy a JPY point card. Living in Japan, I usually buy UK cards from UK Amazon (originally, my account was created as a UK one on the 360) to get a bunch of games not available here.

This not being released outside Japan (and Hong Kong looks like) is a bit peculiar yes, considering the menus and all are in English.
    Posted on 02 August 23 at 00:12
    jkald said:
    IGH KelliKat said:
    jkald said:

Yeah, it's simple. Just need to buy a JPY point card. Living in Japan, I usually buy UK cards from UK Amazon (originally, my account was created as a UK one on the 360) to get a bunch of games not available here.

This not being released outside Japan (and Hong Kong looks like) is a bit peculiar yes, considering the menus and all are in English.
    Yeah the bundle was released on switch and PlayStation in US. The best part of it is the translated kunio games so it's frustrating.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads