The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up September 5th, 2023

  • FlopsyTheRabbitFlopsyTheRabbit1,181,843
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 07:28
    Mox Amber said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Mox Amber said:
    Tempted on baldur's gate and neverwinter but I've seen them cheaper on other sales. Guess I'll wait till black friday
    Baldur’s Gate is two games and two large expansions. I’ve been playing it for over 3 months. Well worth $17.49.
    I played it over 20 years ago , so may be time to revisit. And baldur's gate hype for me is high (been on bg3 on pc, waiting on xbox release) so maybe now is the time to run back through
    I can always find a physical copy cheaper than whatever the sale price is in my region, might be worth looking around.
  • Posted on 05 September 23 at 09:36
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Any suggestions on Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition?
    If you like rotting christ and slow mo dark souls then it's for you
    Unpacking is a relaxing game lol but putting games like cricket in a game pass is blasphemous
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01854,330
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 10:20
    Brought 8 games this week:

    Kingdom Of Arcadia (£2 one of many Castlevania types, could go eitherway)
    1971 Project Helios (£2.5 An interesting looking SRPG, like the setting)
    Massive Chalice (£3 Had it on GWG but I'd rather own it)
    Trackmania Turbo (£5 Again had it on GWG, good want to own it)
    Liberated: Enhanced Edition (£6 Never heard of this one, looks like an interesting comic book, side-scroller)
    Chorus (£7 Missed it on Gamepass, good price)
    Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases (£7 5 pound extra off, enjoy the series)
    Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris (£7.5 Next game in the series)
  • TuschiTuschi1,455,100
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 10:46
    River City Girls 2 really taking its time with going on sale.
  • Pmalone6Pmalone6449,385
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 10:56
    Best deals yet for xcom 2 DLCs works for me!
    Why can't you use beef stew as a password? It's not stroganoff.
  • Phantom DethPhantom Deth289,718
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 11:20
    Why are we getting no good sale on 360 DLC? It's ridiculous frankly how poor the DLC sales have been. And with the store shutdown it's frankly unacceptable to not be doing serious sales on that soon to be lost content.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead742,343
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 12:45
    FlopsyTheRabbit said:
    Mox Amber said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Mox Amber said:
    Tempted on baldur's gate and neverwinter but I've seen them cheaper on other sales. Guess I'll wait till black friday
    Baldur’s Gate is two games and two large expansions. I’ve been playing it for over 3 months. Well worth $17.49.
    I played it over 20 years ago , so may be time to revisit. And baldur's gate hype for me is high (been on bg3 on pc, waiting on xbox release) so maybe now is the time to run back through
    I can always find a physical copy cheaper than whatever the sale price is in my region, might be worth looking around.
    Can you believe Baldur’s Gate was never released in New Zealand - so there are no physical copies to be found.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away945,134
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 13:02
    notion3000 said:
    Flopsy86 said:
    More TSW3 DLC on sale, I'm very surprised. Unfortunately one of them I paid a higher price for last week trying to scoop the game pass discount before it leaves game pass.
    I thought about buying some DLC last week but 10% off just didn’t cut it for me. I didn’t think they would delist the DLC as TSW2 DLC is still on the store. I half expected to see some discounted DLC this week for TSW3 as they are riding on the waves of last weeks news that the game is to be digitally delisted. It’s just a shame that the discounted DLC is not 50% off.
    DLC for older games is being hidden from the main store, not delisted. The in-game store will still take you to the store pages. If you get a DLC in TSW4 (compatible), you will need to use the in-game store of the legacy game(s) to add those versions to your library for free. The FAQ has corrected the date of TSW3 leaving Game Pass and tells you more about obtaining older games' DLC. The base game will not be available so it's important to have that either digitally or on disc.

    https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articl...
  • FlopsyTheRabbitFlopsyTheRabbit1,181,843
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 14:01
    HolyHalfDead said:
    FlopsyTheRabbit said:
    Mox Amber said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Mox Amber said:
    Tempted on baldur's gate and neverwinter but I've seen them cheaper on other sales. Guess I'll wait till black friday
    Baldur’s Gate is two games and two large expansions. I’ve been playing it for over 3 months. Well worth $17.49.
    I played it over 20 years ago , so may be time to revisit. And baldur's gate hype for me is high (been on bg3 on pc, waiting on xbox release) so maybe now is the time to run back through
    I can always find a physical copy cheaper than whatever the sale price is in my region, might be worth looking around.
    Can you believe Baldur’s Gate was never released in New Zealand - so there are no physical copies to be found.
    Sorry to hear that, but a win for digital distribution at least.
  • Posted on 05 September 23 at 15:14
    Igolorbr said:
    Wasn't Alien Hominid 360 with the name Alien Hominid HD Just a few week ago?
    They announced a new re-release for modern consoles.
    Youtube.com/BreninWatson
  • FoolsAndKingsFoolsAndKings1,211,620
  • FalconReduxFalconRedux1,323,846
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 15:36, Edited on 05 September 23 at 18:30 by FalconRedux
    I accidentally bought "Brotherhood United" but already own it. If anyone in UK wants it, I can save you £1.87 laugh

    Edit: Code has been shared
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,139,516
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 17:38
    Alan Wake Remastered is on sale as well and not listed and is 11.99 which is severely tempting.
    So it goes...
  • UltimaRDGUltimaRDG250,378
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 18:03
    FalconRedux said:
    I accidentally bought "Brotherhood United" but already own it. If anyone in UK wants it, I can save you £1.87 laugh
    I will take that offer if still available please.
  • Posted on 05 September 23 at 21:09
    Phantom Deth said:
    Why are we getting no good sale on 360 DLC? It's ridiculous frankly how poor the DLC sales have been. And with the store shutdown it's frankly unacceptable to not be doing serious sales on that soon to be lost content.
    Agreed.
  • notion3000notion3000750,277
    Posted on 05 September 23 at 23:39
    Blissed Away said:
    notion3000 said:
    Flopsy86 said:
    More TSW3 DLC on sale, I'm very surprised. Unfortunately one of them I paid a higher price for last week trying to scoop the game pass discount before it leaves game pass.
    I thought about buying some DLC last week but 10% off just didn’t cut it for me. I didn’t think they would delist the DLC as TSW2 DLC is still on the store. I half expected to see some discounted DLC this week for TSW3 as they are riding on the waves of last weeks news that the game is to be digitally delisted. It’s just a shame that the discounted DLC is not 50% off.
    DLC for older games is being hidden from the main store, not delisted. The in-game store will still take you to the store pages. If you get a DLC in TSW4 (compatible), you will need to use the in-game store of the legacy game(s) to add those versions to your library for free. The FAQ has corrected the date of TSW3 leaving Game Pass and tells you more about obtaining older games' DLC. The base game will not be available so it's important to have that either digitally or on disc.

    https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articl...
    Amazing research. Thank you for the info 👍
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,366,412
    Posted on 06 September 23 at 15:35
    just a public service announcement cobra kai 2 has one of the worst cameras ever reminds me of that drake original xbox title where it swung everywhere even with the camera locked and sensitivity all the way down
    if you have easy games on your gamercard dont be a hypocrite and stop others from enjoying the same games
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,366,412
    Posted on 06 September 23 at 15:57
    IGH KelliKat said:
    Sniped Ruiner from last weeks sale just now. Dunno how i missed that one. Nothing for me here and a huge backlog. Time to knock these games out.
    speed run achievement has a good rate at crashing out the game...tried it twice and it quit on the next to the last level...something with the buffering
    if you have easy games on your gamercard dont be a hypocrite and stop others from enjoying the same games
  • DriftRangerDriftRanger184,525
    Posted on 07 September 23 at 01:21
    JDawgg77 said:
    Has there not been an article about Diablo 4's first sale? Ends in one day and up to 25% off depending on the version.
    I took advantage of that. Quite excellent.
  • BigBanjo KBigBanjo K268,971
    Posted on 07 September 23 at 19:09
    My lack of Self Control has added I Am Fish to my Back Log laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads