Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Resident Evil 6 Q&A

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 June 12 at 15:50
What questions will be answered?

Please click here to read the story: Resident Evil 6 Q&A
MosesChristus
MosesChristus
Posted on 11 June 12 at 15:54
Q: Developer?
A: Capcom!

--> No, thanks!
Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
Barad 007
Barad 007
Posted on 11 June 12 at 15:59
Can't wait.
Battlefield 3 Gamer !
Shoot H3re
Shoot H3re
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:10
did the reticle in the gameplay trailer seem off to anyone else? Or am I just being picky?
BLAZE VII
BLAZE VII
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:14
iSHOCKWAVE 1993 said:
Can't wait.
Oh yeah buddy. You & Me both. This is going to rock.
www.x360a.org > JuSt BLaZe
Beachem
Beachem
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:15
Can't wait for this! Hope there isn't another multiplayer DLC though. That was the most annoying part about completing RE5.
Jump right out of a creek!
Caxton8
Caxton8
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:43
The only thing two things I am disappointed about are that you can move & shoot and that you can do loads of diving stuff. I know people say the games moving on and evolving but I loved not being able to move and shoot. Still can't bloody wait nether-the-less ^^
E Hero Killjoy
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:47
HolyMoses81 said:

--> No, thanks!
I feel sorry for you. Capcom makes really good games regardless of whether you agree with all the choices they make regarding DLC, which usually is what turns people off.
MosesChristus
MosesChristus
Posted on 11 June 12 at 16:51
E Hero Killjoy said:
HolyMoses81 said:

--> No, thanks!
I feel sorry for you. Capcom makes really good games regardless of whether you agree with all the choices they make regarding DLC, which usually is what turns people off.
Well I'm not into Street Fighter, nor into Res Evil or Lost Planet. Also DmC hasn't too much to offer for me. Those games can be fun, but too me they're just a bit above average.
Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
Roylee LY
Roylee LY
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:08
cant wait especailly for the achives collection ...about time capcom give us value for money ....

but then again ...

they could get their money back .... via ..the dreaded DLC ...

Day 1 DLC - leons Gun - 800MP , Chris Gun 800MP, The option to Save your progress 800MP
Week 2 DLC - Unlock chapter 2 - 240MP
Week 3 DLC - Unlock chapter 3 - 240 MP and so on ...

Until -

Week 24 DLC - Kiss our ass DLC COMBO Pack - 4800 MP - The ablility to play the game from start to finish
Spookytooth104
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:11, Edited on 11 June 12 at 18:33 by Spookytooth104
There was a part in the E3 demo where in China, Chris ends up on a freeway packed with cars jammed in traffic. This would be a really good opportunity to go back to the tense survival elements I love in the series. Walking between the cars worrying about whats going to jump out next.

Then the scence plays out and the area is engulfed by an explosion and it moves on elsewhere. A lot of presumtion from myself but my question to Capcom is why create interesting locations and then gloss over it with a pre-rendered explosion chase instead of giving us what we want?
Aura of Heroism
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:25
Looks good. Hope it aviods some of the pitfalls of ORC
So, it begins...
ConvictedofFun
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:25
Being a Resident Evil fan, I'm buying this regardless of how much I detest the gameplay.
Veridis Quo = Disquoveri - ThaRilla ;D
Jyejitsu
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:31, Edited on 11 June 12 at 17:31 by Jyejitsu
The Blagger said:
cant wait especailly for the achives collection ...about time capcom give us value for money ....

but then again ...

they could get their money back .... via ..the dreaded DLC ...

Day 1 DLC - leons Gun - 800MP , Chris Gun 800MP, The option to Save your progress 800MP
Week 2 DLC - Unlock chapter 2 - 240MP
Week 3 DLC - Unlock chapter 3 - 240 MP and so on ...

Until -

Week 24 DLC - Kiss our ass DLC COMBO Pack - 4800 MP - The ablility to play the game from start to finish
Do you want a standing ovation for your exaggerating? Seriously, not funny and not even close capcom released day 1 DLC which is included on disc but which developer doesn't nowadays. Seriously get over it.

OT: Anyway looking forward to it but also not cause I'm unsure cause RE5 was not that awesome as it's previous contenders. I just wait till I can try it out in my local gamestore ;o.
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
Papa El Loro
Papa El Loro
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:48
Beachem said:
Can't wait for this! Hope there isn't another multiplayer DLC though. That was the most annoying part about completing RE5.
This guy gets it!

Die hard fan of the series. Played Outbreaks and other random ones and will soon be doing Operation Racoon City. As for RE6....
headspindancesmilelaughtoast
oPumpkinEscobar
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:56
I don't get the hate, disgusting DLC policies aside, Capcom are easily the best game developer out there.
XxGUITARxG0DxX
Posted on 11 June 12 at 17:59
HolyMoses81 said:
E Hero Killjoy said:
HolyMoses81 said:

--> No, thanks!
Well I'm not into Street Fighter, nor into Res Evil or Lost Planet. Also DmC hasn't too much to offer for me. Those games can be fun, but too me they're just a bit above average.
Can I ask what you find to be a good or a great game even? I mean if RE, SF, and DmC isn't good to you then I'm not too sure what is. :)
Tridenter
Tridenter
Posted on 11 June 12 at 18:28
I love how so much of this is like a throwback to the old style of games.

1) Puzzles returning, said to be like RE1-3

2) No more buying weapons, having to find them all like the older games.

3) CHARACTER SELECTION - a function that hasn't been seen in this style since RE2

4) It's said ammo is more scarce on all playthroughs and enemies are more bullet-sponges so it's more advised you run

5) Leon's entire atmospheric scenario and Jake's been a reference to the one good thing about Nemesis

Super stoked for this title.
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 11 June 12 at 19:49, Edited on 11 June 12 at 19:51 by ronnie42
I'm sorry but after 5 minutes I couldn't watch anymore of this. This isn't resident evil anymore. Its basically turned into a gears of war clone.

1) GoW camera destroyed the tension/atmosphere of the games. shock

2) Re 4/5/6 are now designed for spamming weapons on boss's, there is no fear involved. angry

3) There is no reason to run anymore, people will start finding exploits to kill them instead of just running, getting lost. roll

4) Wesker is a utter joke! He nearly ruined code veronica with his matrix BS!, he was not needed to be revived, should have stayed dead, their milking it with his stupid son. facepalm

5) There is nothing original about the new Resident Evil games roll

Super pissed about Re6, still fuming that Orc wasn't a reboot that would please the original fans but instead forced Socom style camera that made Nemesis looks his tension. Wasn't that enough proof that Capcom has gone downhill? There the ones that agreed to Orc, there the ones that keep ignoring classic fans. compute
Flailing Mage
Flailing Mage
Posted on 11 June 12 at 19:50
E Hero Killjoy said:
HolyMoses81 said:

--> No, thanks!
Used to make good games, you mean. I don't know why gamers are fans of only game companies and not the people who make the games.

Speaking of people who make games do you know who made good Capcom games? Guys like Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami. Not ringing any bells? How about Devil May Cry and the Resident Evil series up to RE4? You know who's not working at Capcom anymore? Guys like Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami and boy has Capcom flourished without them, huh.

Unless your the kind of brain-damaged monkey who thought games like Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 were the best in their series you should probably pay more attention to the directors and creators of the games and give less credit to the company they work under.

You know, the company that's been constantly blindsiding gamers with unneccesary DLC, making gamers pay for locked content and handing franchises to witless, artsy-fuck companies.

Go Team!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.