Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

BioShock Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 21 February 12 at 06:44
    Please use this thread to discuss the BioShock walkthrough
  • Information
  • Posted on 01 April 13 at 09:57
    Amazing Walkthrough, just want to point out that the name for the third Audio Diary in the Medical Pavilion is "Higher Standards" not "Funeral Services"
  • ZordnilZordnil458,167
    Posted on 14 April 13 at 05:31
    In regard to the glitch mentioned at the end of the playthrough, the "brass balls" achievement will not pop if you died (and therefore used a vita chamber) during your playthrough.

Might be a good idea to mention this in the guide, since not everyone checks every criteria for every achievement when there is a guide to follow.

Otherwise, thanks for a good walkthrough! :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 April 13 at 06:01
    Shortly after your very first security cam you will find the fire plasmid (you have to crawl into a secluded space). Head back to the main chambers and enter the blocked funeral section to your right upstairs. Head to the left inside, finish the splicer and a turret will attack. Dispose of it however you like (shock and hack is preferred) and hack the save behind it to get the corresponding achievement.
    I'm pretty sure hacking a save is frowned upon. :-)

Shortly after your very first security cam you will find the fire plasmid (you have to crawl into a secluded space). Head back to the main chambers and enter the blocked funeral section to your right upstairs. Head to the left inside, finish the splicer and a turret will attack. Dispose of it however you like (shock and hack is preferred) and hack the safe behind it to get the corresponding achievement.
  • N18p73pwn3rN18p73pwn3r1,853,835
    Posted on 16 April 13 at 09:45
    sorry for responding that late, i changed all the things mentioned above :)
    and theo, thx for the heads up but... smarty xD
    fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 April 13 at 14:34, Edited on 16 April 13 at 14:36 by
    N18p73pwn3r said:
    sorry for responding that late, i changed all the things mentioned above :)
    and theo, thx for the heads up but... smarty xD
    hello,

I couldn't figure out what tone you try to set with the above. I looked the emoticon you used up and it means you're very happy.

I'll just assume you appreciate the effort I put into actually reading your walkthrough.

Presumably you also appreciate the joke I made about hacking. I just figured not every error-message has to have a stern tone.

Best Regards,

Theo
  • N18p73pwn3rN18p73pwn3r1,853,835
    Posted on 10 May 13 at 14:48
    true on all the points, much appreciated :)
    fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 01:12
    A few things I noticed from using this walkthough, it really shouldn't be 30 to 40 Hours, even at 2 playthroughs (I don't know why you would do 2) I doubt it would take longer than 20 hours, I feel 10 - 20 hours would be better.

On Arcadia on the collectable page, all the Audio diaries are listed out of 17 but there is only 16 diaries on that level.
  • matdanmatdan800,835
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 04:26
    After the first introduction cutscene (you witness a plane crash as a passenger), you will have to swim on solid ground which will be shown as a lighthouse in the middle of the sea
    Wording is confusing and implies I have to swim on the ground.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 04:38
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    A few things I noticed from using this walkthough, it really shouldn't be 30 to 40 Hours, even at 2 playthroughs (I don't know why you would do 2) I doubt it would take longer than 20 hours, I feel 10 - 20 hours would be better.

On Arcadia on the collectable page, all the Audio diaries are listed out of 17 but there is only 16 diaries on that level.
    I totally agree with the time required to max all GS in BioShock.

Everywhere I look online, it says 30-40 hours - that's way beyond what it would require, even if the player was to spend hours appreciating every drop of BioShock goodness the game has to offer. I took my jolly time playing through this game, stopping to listen to every diary I picked up (yes, mock me, go on!) and still completed everything in just over 14hours.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 08:24
    On the walkthrough index page it states "Playthroughs Required 2".
    This is wrong because the required number of playthroughs is 1.
    On the hints and tips page this is addressed as
    My tip here is to save every little sister on your easy/collectible playthrough and harvesting them on the hard/no vita chamber playthrough. This way you can use a lot more weaponry and you certainly will need it on hard.
    It seems pretty obvious the collectibles can be done on the hard/no vita chamber playthrough.
    In addition there are no mutually exclusive achievements in this game.
    Nor is there a difficulty to unlock by finishing one playthrough.
    Finally I would like to point out the fact that other websites mention the minimum number of playthroughs to be 1.

Tonic (5/5): Get back to the twilight fields funeral (previously blocked by ice) and head inside the main room to find it siting on a cupboard, guarded by a mysterious splicer.
    shock
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

This is a very dirty game because I found an audio diary doing the same thing on a chair.

Audio Diary (2/17): Big Night out - From the previous location, we take the leftmost door and in front of the bench its he diary.
    I had to look twice at this one to understand what was meant.
    I think the "T" has to be moved in front of the "H".

Audio Diary (9/15): Fontaines Army - Enter Sir Pricealots and you find this one on ground level in a box.
    Please, somebody tell me they are talking about a shop or something. smile

Audio Diary (6/6): Todays raid - In the same area, found on a body.
    This error is more complicated then one might think at first sight.
    At first sight one would assume a missing apostrophe. which is not the case.
    Basically "Todays raid" is the title of the audio diary. Which means it is the literal text found in-game. As such, it can not be at fault. Right?
    Problem is this is not a quote, since there are no quote-marks or any other kind of quote-indication.
    I am assuming the right solution would be to use quotes and spell "Todays raid".
    Adopting this solution would have quite some impact on the walkthrough since EVERY title would have to have quote-marks added.
  • matdanmatdan800,835
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 09:21
    It is 2 playthroughs if you miss some of the items or something glitched which happened when I realised there are audio diaries at the start. It is also possible to over spend Adam and have some of the purchasing achievements missable.

Also nice quotes Theo.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 09:35
    matdan12 said:
    It is 2 playthroughs if you miss some of the items or something glitched which happened when I realised there are audio diaries at the start. It is also possible to over spend Adam and have some of the purchasing achievements missable.

Also nice quotes Theo.
    What you are saying just means there are missable collectibles/achievements.

This does not impact on the required number of playthroughs.

Just keep in mind that required and recommended do not have the same meaning.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 16:30
    I agree, you can easily get everything in one playthrough.

A couple more things I noticed,

Audio Diary (5/17): Limited Imagination - Facing the Turret, turn right and get to the wall to find the next one pinned on it.
    It should be turn RIGHT get to the wall to find the next one pinned on it.

Audio Diary (12/19): Meeting Ryan - Enter fighting Mc. Donaghs and head into the water to the left to find it inside the vent at the start.
    This should be head into the water to the RIGHT to find it inside the vent at the start.

Audio Diary (8/9): Protecting little ones - Near the previous diary, you find this one on a file cabinet nearby.
    This diary is no where near the last diary & is the opposite side of the walkway, this description really confused be as its wrong.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 20:19
    Yeah, I noticed the guy/girl's left and rights are wrong on several occasions, too. This was well over a year ago when I noticed, I couldn't pinpoint them now without replaying the game.

Some people are just horrendous at left/right directions - I know I constantly have to correct myself too. redfacelaugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 June 13 at 20:35
    Yeah, I noticed a couple more but I forgot where they were. Maybe someone should replay the game & make sure all the locations are correct. Nothing annoys me more than an inaccurate collectable guide. I'm not saying that this guide is completely inaccurate, but those 3 or 4 incorrect was are annoying.
  • matdanmatdan800,835
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 01:46
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    Yeah, I noticed a couple more but I forgot where they were. Maybe someone should replay the game & make sure all the locations are correct. Nothing annoys me more than an inaccurate collectable guide. I'm not saying that this guide is completely inaccurate, but those 3 or 4 incorrect was are annoying.
    I used a really awesome one somewhere on this site just can't remember which it was.
  • Euler13Euler13246,891
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 17:30
    Brilliant guide. It helped me heaps. Cheers! toast
  • xDaffxDaff455,560
    Posted on 19 April 14 at 19:42, Edited on 19 April 14 at 19:55 by xDaff
    the name for the third Audio Diary in the Medical Pavilion is "Higher Standards" not "Funeral Services" - stolen from first post and it's still there. So you may want to change it.

Audio Diary (8/19): Their law or my badge - Upon facing the locked gate, look to your left and you can see a vent you can climb through to reach the diary. - the audio diary is called "Have my badge" and you may want to mention it in the Wharfmaster's Office.

Really don't mean to sound bitchy, so sorry if it does, it's a great walkthrough, including for collectibles, just thought you may want to know what I'm finding out to be different on my play through. If I find anything else, I'll post it anyway.
    You do or you do not. There is no try. | "Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.