Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Dev Diary Discusses Game Audio

• Posted on 14 May 12 at 22:37
    Nantz and Simms take over the booth

Perhaps the aspect of the Madden series that has had the most glaring weaknesses for, truthfully, the entirety of the decades-spanning series is the game's commentary. Though the on-the-field chatter and music haven't ever been pressing needs, the play-by-play and color commentary is, if I may speak bluntly, horrendous. EA's system pales in comparison to 2K's, their main rival for sports games, though they hardly make games for the same sports anymore. Part of that is because of the nature of a football game, with all of its starting and stopping, it makes it hard for the AI commentators to catch up to the action live, sometimes finding themselves a play or two behind what's going on.

EA is setting out to solve that issue this year, and with the new system comes an all-new broadcast duo of CBS' Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. You may have already known that part, but you certainly haven't seen them in action like you will in these two new trailers. For the first time in the series, the commentators recorded in studio together which should make for a much more organic back and forth between the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaNiMkIv_c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIq36sLsGI

You may also have been waiting to see the newly-crowned cover star Calvin Johnson on the game's official box art. Here it is.

https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/006536.jpg

Madden NFL 13 is due out on August 28th.
  • Posted on 14 May 12 at 23:21
    looks awesome
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 May 12 at 23:21
    if you listen hard enough you can hear the sound of the servers closing for this game
  • BrknheroBrknhero256,538
    Posted on 14 May 12 at 23:37
    Hahahaha
  • romo7816romo7816903,672
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 00:12, Edited on 15 May 12 at 00:13 by romo7816
    Should be interesting, but NFL 2k still has the best commentary out there and they don't evenemake football games anymore. We shall see if they actually say more stuff during the game like the actual players names, not just the QB drops back to pass or the RB takes it up the middle. Please actually say their names, 2k was able to, why not Madden.
  • Posted on 15 May 12 at 00:53
    I like the gloves on the cover art
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,379,712
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 01:54
    I always play the sports games with the commentary off as it is usually horrendous or repetitive. Fifa 12 wasn't too bad but NHL12 is terrible. Can't remember the last Madden I played (maybe 10?) but it had horrible commentary. Be interesting to see how well they can do this.
  • SanadaSanada738,552
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 02:28
    No Collinsworth was the best thing they did as far as commentary goes. Have to say the cover is much better than last year also in my opinion.
    You seem a little furious...
  • ReffujiReffuji191,695
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 06:45
    Collinsworth was horrible but im gonna miss Gus Johnson screaming "Going up top!" and "Get this man a new contract"
  • Barad 007Barad 007951,092
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 10:43
    Cover art is pretty cool.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • Posted on 15 May 12 at 21:46
    MEGATRON!!!!111!!1
    /detroit lions fappage
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads