Game Discussion: Fishdom 3: Special Edition (Windows)

Not Signing into XBOX Live

• Posted on 08 December 23 at 23:35
    It appears that this and all other games that were available for Windows 8 are no longer signing into XBOX Live. I keep getting the message that I need to sign into the Store with the account I used to purchase the app. I did all that. Reinstalled apps and even reset the Store and the XBOX services. Nothing worked. All the cloud save is gone. I noticed this for 2 days now. This is the same problem for Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Touch Edition) and other Windows 8 games I have on my PC. Has this connection been shut down? Is it over for Windows 8 games signing into XBOX Live?
  • SkelixSkelix1,977,057
    Posted on 09 December 23 at 19:33
    I'll try when I get home, but I know as of a couple of months ago it was like I "lost" the license to 5 or so games (out of the full library - they just seem to drop off a license list or something)
  • Posted on 09 December 23 at 21:21, Edited on 09 December 23 at 21:22 by VisibleRaptor5
    Skelix said:
    I'll try when I get home, but I know as of a couple of months ago it was like I "lost" the license to 5 or so games (out of the full library - they just seem to drop off a license list or something)
    The licenses aren't lost. They are still there; you still have full access to the apps. But I know that the XBOX service received some new updates. For example, the achievement notifications coming from games made for Windows 10, XBOX One and XBOX Series X|S are bigger and sport a larger trophy size when they appear on the middle right hand side of your PC. The XBOX app was also upgraded along with some other things. Also, I know that a couple of things are broken at this point, including the ability for Windows 8.1 titles to connect to XBOX Live. I tried this last evening with several titles and two devices (one being my Surface RT tablet). It is definitely a server issue. I hope they get it fixed and when they do, I strongly advise that you wind things down when it comes to playing Windows 8.1 games.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw1,053,130
    Posted on 11 December 23 at 07:11
    Hi VR5,

My friend checked 8 games and this worked for 7 of them.

"tell him open the game. airplane mode. sign in. turn off airplane mode."

They did not work anymore the normal way which you are correct about.
  • Posted on 11 December 23 at 17:44, Edited on 11 December 23 at 17:59 by VisibleRaptor5
    planchetflaw said:
    Hi VR5,

My friend checked 8 games and this worked for 7 of them.

"tell him open the game. airplane mode. sign in. turn off airplane mode."

They did not work anymore the normal way which you are correct about.
    Seems like this has worked. But it failed for Fishdom 3.
  • xxxSlayerxxxxxxxxSlayerxxxxx1,021,038
    Posted on 28 April 24 at 19:45
    Yeah, this game is unfortunately busted.cry
    Finish the Fight.
  • Posted on 15 May 24 at 03:14
    xxxSlayerxxxxx said:
    Yeah, this game is unfortunately busted.cry
    UrbanVPN is the way to go. I still play it and it works. Download UrbanVPN, install the TAP extension, connect to a developed country that is not the same as yours or one on your continent and open your game. It works.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads