Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sonic 20th Anniversary Sale [UPDATED]

• ShinUkyoShinUkyo167,278
    Posted on 23 June 11 at 20:48Permalink
    It's funny, as I fall into the same category as many others in here. I already bought the Megadrive/Genesis games when they first went on sale ages ago (for a one-day Sonic special.) I also picked up Sonic Adventure during a later sale. I'll be picking up the DX upgrade for that game, now that it's finally been put on sale itself. I'm still waiting to get Sonic 4 Episode 1, and hoping they go crazy and offer it for 400msp further down the road. Hopefully closer to whenever the hell Episode 2 comes out, haha.

As for those Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing items, I know the majority are cosmetic (and obviously not needed for any given achievements.) I notice the last one unlocks all characters and stages, though, something I didn't even realize they offered. How would that work with the achievement that requires you to do just that? I would say that could be a good deal, but I think the grinding required to complete the game anyhow will just naturally result in you unlocking the characters and stages yourself. I'm still sitting on my copy; haven't booted it up.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper785,243
    Posted on 23 June 11 at 21:07, Edited on 23 June 11 at 21:07 by RadiantViperPermalink
    ShinUkyo said:
    As for those Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing items, I know the majority are cosmetic (and obviously not needed for any given achievements.) I notice the last one unlocks all characters and stages, though, something I didn't even realize they offered. How would that work with the achievement that requires you to do just that? I would say that could be a good deal, but I think the grinding required to complete the game anyhow will just naturally result in you unlocking the characters and stages yourself. I'm still sitting on my copy; haven't booted it up.
    Unlock All X "DLCs" are idiotic and really shouldn't be supported. The first isn't really cosmetic, it's a new character and stage. But it's probably not hugely worth it anyways. But yeah, I'd be worried about it screwing up the achievement anyways ...

Really, the game is fine and dandy without any of those add-ons.
  • CheddahzCheddahz185,786
    Posted on 23 June 11 at 21:42Permalink
    Is the DX Upgrade worth it? I was never able to finish Sonic Adventure (got stuck on Sonic's story) I will probably head back into it soon
    Check out my blog; http://agamernamedcheddahz.blogspot.com/
  • Posted on 24 June 11 at 06:54Permalink
    Gotta get that extra track for All-Stars Racing, though still somewhat expensive ... Got all of the arcade games already, expect Sonic 4. I agree that the price is still to high for that one.
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • anthony2690anthony2690684,795
    Posted on 24 June 11 at 10:49Permalink
    sonic 4 ep 1 is a steal for 800msp, i got many hours of enjoyment and I don't regret spending 1200msp for it :)
    and ep 2 is in the works.
  • Posted on 24 June 11 at 12:39, Edited on 24 June 11 at 12:40 by Izzy of AlbionPermalink
    Cuda Chris 72 said:
    20 Yrs? ugh... I feel old!
    Me too. I remember before I had a Megadrive (what the Genesis was called in the UK), I used to stop off at this Video and Games rental place on my way home from school. There was a Megadrive and SNES at the back of the shop. You'd pay 50p and you could play for 20 minutes. Enough to get through half of the game. I was 12 at the time. It wasn't my first experience of games by a long way, but it's probably what got me hooked.

Quinn Xplosion said:
    Sonic & Knuckles for 120, definitely getting it!
    I already have all the others (except Adventures - still got it on Dreamcast, never really got on with it). I will be getting S&K. The annoying thing is, 120 MSP is great, but I only happen to have 110 MSP spare! I have to buy another 500 MSP for this! facepalm
    Digital Artist, Suburban London. Guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer.
  • Steve RedmanSteve Redman1,095,025
    Posted on 24 June 11 at 14:28Permalink
    Nice to see Sega giving back with great discounts. Wish more company's would follow their example and do this. Been waiting for that damn Stranglehold DLC to go on sale forever now
  • MykonosFanMykonosFan77,550
    Posted on 24 June 11 at 15:11Permalink
    Like others, own a lot of these games, but I think I'll make a move on the All-Stars Racing DLC, namely Metal Sonic/Death Egg and Forklift Ryo.

Was kind of hoping the Unleashed DLC would be on sale too, I've been holding off on some of those for a while, but if I get around to getting a points card I'll go ahead and get some more anyways.
  • Posted on 24 June 11 at 15:16Permalink
    Steve Redman said:
    Nice to see Sega giving back with great discounts. Wish more company's would follow their example and do this. Been waiting for that damn Stranglehold DLC to go on sale forever now
    Ahahahaha the map pack? Yeah me too. Is it still 1200MSP? It was overpriced when it came out what seems like a lifetime ago. It should be free by now! Even if it dropped to 400 I wouldn't buy it. It needs to be 240MSP or lower. I just want to rip the achievements out of it. It wasn't too bad a game when you got into it, I mean, a 6 out of 10 maybe. But the multiplayer was truly, truly, awful. They shouldn't have even bothered.
    Digital Artist, Suburban London. Guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer.
  • Leroy I1981ILeroy I1981I205,486
    Posted on 24 June 11 at 15:43Permalink
    Ozzpot said:
    Cuda Chris 72 said:
    20 Yrs? ugh... I feel old!
    Me too. I remember before I had a Megadrive (what the Genesis was called in the UK), I used to stop off at this Video and Games rental place on my way home from school. There was a Megadrive and SNES at the back of the shop. You'd pay 50p and you could play for 20 minutes. Enough to get through half of the game. I was 12 at the time. It wasn't my first experience of games by a long way, but it's probably what got me hooked.

Quinn Xplosion said:
    Sonic & Knuckles for 120, definitely getting it!
    I already have all the others (except Adventures - still got it on Dreamcast, never really got on with it). I will be getting S&K. The annoying thing is, 120 MSP is great, but I only happen to have 110 MSP spare! I have to buy another 500 MSP for this! facepalm
    I was in exactly the same boat but i bought Sonic 1, 3 and S&K (already own 2) which left me with a grand total of 10 points!
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,716
    Posted on 24 June 11 at 15:59Permalink
    Great deals for everything (except maybe the non-SA addons, don't have those games so not sure)

Too bad I picked all these up at full price quite a while back... oh well it was worth it imo.
  • Posted on 24 June 11 at 17:55, Edited on 24 June 11 at 17:56 by Stokie StallionPermalink
    I still have my sonic teddy in bed that i had when i was 3, matted battered and a leg sown on backwards, yet he still there even cuddles my lady when she stays over

and im 23 all these years still have it *tear*
  • Posted on 24 June 11 at 18:05Permalink
    Now I can finally buy the Sega All-stars Racing DLC without feeling like crap because I really wanted Metal Sonic and the Forkliftmusic
    I wish they would've put the GoD Sonic Games up for sale. I need a new copy of Sonic '06.
  • Haseo ATCHaseo ATC125,692
    Posted on 25 June 11 at 01:24Permalink
    Aaarrgh, I just bought Sonic & Knuckles the day before the games went on sale... I could've gotten two games for 240MS...
  • BeachemBeachem273,937
    Posted on 25 June 11 at 07:53Permalink
    Wow...that is an amazing deal. Can we see more stuff like this please microsoft? This is the price many DLCs should be at
  • Posted on 25 June 11 at 11:55Permalink
    Stokie Stallion said:
    I still have my sonic teddy in bed that i had when i was 3, matted battered and a leg sown on backwards, yet he still there even cuddles my lady when she stays over

and im 23 all these years still have it *tear*
    crycrycry That's such a sweet story.

I had a Mario but I lost it.
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!!
  • HuGh1212HuGh121233,338
    Posted on 25 June 11 at 16:56Permalink
    Really nice prices! :D
    Hughby-Dooby-Doo
  • Posted on 25 June 11 at 20:12Permalink
    why does the sonic the hedgehog dlc say this week only ?
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM86,877
    Posted on 26 June 11 at 19:14Permalink
    I've been saving for the Black Ops Annihilation Map Pack, but I can't resist picking up two games for a total of 360MSP. smile
  • Posted on 29 June 11 at 01:17Permalink
    definately didnt run till JULY 28
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.