Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up February 20th, 2024

• notion3000notion3000797,869
    Posted on 20 February 24 at 13:54
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    Skate 1 is a good ass deal. Selling my physical copy now 👌👌
    Don’t forget this sale is only for the Xbox One and the Xbox Series S / X. You will not be able to play it digitally on the Xbox 360 unless you make the purchase on the Xbox 360 or Xbox Marketplace and then it will be full price with no discount. Therefore, if you sell your physical copy you won’t be able to play it on the Xbox 360.
    This is false, I just checked the Xbox 360 store after purchasing it on my Series X.
    Really? That is such good news. So, you can download it on the 360 ?
  • Posted on 20 February 24 at 15:10
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    Don’t forget this sale is only for the Xbox One and the Xbox Series S / X. You will not be able to play it digitally on the Xbox 360 unless you make the purchase on the Xbox 360 or Xbox Marketplace and then it will be full price with no discount. Therefore, if you sell your physical copy you won’t be able to play it on the Xbox 360.
    This is false, I just checked the Xbox 360 store after purchasing it on my Series X.
    Yes, I've bought several things on the XB1 store, and been able to play/download them on my 360. I have no idea where this falsehood started.
    Hola
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,208
    Posted on 20 February 24 at 21:26
    WrathOfIndra said:
    The Last Campfire is on sale atm with a heavy discount. Fun little story driver puzzler for anyone who's into that sort of thing. Well worth the £2.39 it's on sale for and an easy 1000G in around 5 hours.
    The Last Campfire is a short game that doesn’t suck. The puzzles are pretty short and easy, I had to look up maybe 2 solutions that just did not click in my brain. Other than that you don’t even really need a guide.

It’s a pretty good game for a day when you don’t want to try too hard at something like Elden Ring or Dead Cells.
  • jkaldjkald130,538
    Posted on 21 February 24 at 01:52
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    Yes, I've bought several things on the XB1 store, and been able to play/download them on my 360. I have no idea where this falsehood started.
    There are some items that don't appear on the 360 list. The one I know is Rock Band DLC. If bought on the current store, you don't get the 360 version of a song. If bought on the 360, you get both.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead774,393
    Posted on 21 February 24 at 02:19, Edited on 21 February 24 at 02:22 by HolyHalfDead
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    It was true many years ago for about a month, when the first X360 game was added to the XO/XS store. There was so much hate (or perhaps a coding oversight) that Microsoft started issuing a free X360 licence for every XO/XS game purchased.

With the X360 store set to close in a few months it will be impossible to buy a X360 game, so my question remains unanswered as to if they will keep the X360 store running in the background so that for every XO/XS game you buy you will still get a X360 licence. However I don't know how you would get that licence onto the X360 if there is no store and it won't be in your download history.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 21 February 24 at 11:35
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    It was true many years ago for about a month, when the first X360 game was added to the XO/XS store. There was so much hate (or perhaps a coding oversight) that Microsoft started issuing a free X360 licence for every XO/XS game purchased.

With the X360 store set to close in a few months it will be impossible to buy a X360 game, so my question remains unanswered as to if they will keep the X360 store running in the background so that for every XO/XS game you buy you will still get a X360 licence. However I don't know how you would get that licence onto the X360 if there is no store and it won't be in your download history.
    Now that you mention it, I do remember people redeeming their 360 GWG on the XB1 and not getting it on their 360 10 or so years ago. Good question on the 2nd part.
    Hola
    Posted on 21 February 24 at 15:42
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:

Now that you mention it, I do remember people redeeming their 360 GWG on the XB1 and not getting it on their 360 10 or so years ago. Good question on the 2nd part.
    Until we know for sure how it is going to work, I suggest anyone that likes to double box games between their X360 and XO/XS buy the games they want and downloads onto both consoles before the store closes.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 21 February 24 at 15:49, Edited on 21 February 24 at 15:52 by HolyHalfDead
    jkald said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    There are some items that don't appear on the 360 list. The one I know is Rock Band DLC. If bought on the current store, you don't get the 360 version of a song. If bought on the 360, you get both.
    Another example is all the Dead Space DLC was made available for free through Game Pass Perks. However on the X360 all the DLC shows as unowned with a purchase price.

What this conclusively proves is the X360 store is not linked to the XO/XS store. The same items selling for different prices is other evidence of that. What is currently happening is all BC X360 purchases give you a XO/XS licence, and ALMOST all XO/XS purchases give you a X360 licence.
  • Raen YrthamRaen Yrtham116,273
    Posted on 22 February 24 at 06:37, Edited on 22 February 24 at 06:42 by Raen Yrtham
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    Not true. Buying the game on the Microsoft/Xbox Store for Xbox One/Series also unlocks the game on the Xbox Marketplace for the Xbox 360.

Source: Me - I tested it. The majority of backwards compatible games work this way. There are a few exceptions though, and if you want the games on both stores, you have to buy them twice.
    Jade Empire, Crimson Skies, Psychonauts and some Splinter Cells (now delisted) are examples of that.

EDIT: Just noticed after posting that others already corrected this info.
  • jkaldjkald130,538
    Posted on 22 February 24 at 09:23
    Raen Yrtham said:
    notion3000 said:
    Brenin Watson said:
    Not true. Buying the game on the Microsoft/Xbox Store for Xbox One/Series also unlocks the game on the Xbox Marketplace for the Xbox 360.

Source: Me - I tested it. The majority of backwards compatible games work this way. There are a few exceptions though, and if you want the games on both stores, you have to buy them twice.
    Jade Empire, Crimson Skies, Psychonauts and some Splinter Cells (now delisted) are examples of that.

EDIT: Just noticed after posting that others already corrected this info.
    From the ones you mention, they are all OG Xbox games. Could we assume then that maybe those only give you one license? Although I think one of the last GWGs was Thrillville and I vaguely remember seeing it on my 360 history, even though I might be wrong.
  • jkaldjkald130,538
    Posted today at 08:30
    Just checked my Wishlist and it's all gone on the Xbox store - showing 0 games. Has this happened to anyone else? Not a big deal but just kind of weird I thought.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads