Game Discussion: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded

Goldeneye on XBLA

• Posted on 07 November 10 at 15:19, Edited on 07 November 10 at 15:45 by GammyGreenGiant
    When I saw Perfect dark being released for XBLA i couldn't believe my eyes, it was a dream come to true to see a Nintendo classic made by Rare being re-released in all it's original glory for us Xbox users as a download for 800msp.

Then I had a thought.... If Perfect Dark can make it onto XBLA maybe Goldeneye can too, being made by the same company for the same console and all! Then I totally forgot about it until I saw the Daniel Craig Remake being released exclusively for the Wii (which apparently is shocking). This made me go to my computer and find out why us Xboxers have no Goldeneye original or remake!!!

After half an hour of research I found that a re-release of the original Goldeneye, original graphics, guns, map, and all but a few characters (due to licensing issues) was a mere 2 months away from reaching us on XBLA. This was 2 years ago!!

The only new thing that would make it onto the game is the online multiplayer!!!

Apparently it all came down to money! Microsoft and Nintendo could not come to an arrangement as to how Nintendo would be paid, either one big payout or a cut of every sale and download of the game from the marketplace.

This seems like a very silly reason to stop the best first person shooter of all time being released for us if you ask me. So I started thinking about starting a petition to Show Microsoft and Nintendo that us Xbox owners are willing to hand over our hard earned cash to be able to play this on the Xbox. But thankfully I found a petition with well over 27,000 signatures on it already and here it is for you all to sign-

http://www.petitiononline.com/rare007/petition.html

Tell all your gamer buddies, tell everyone you know that ever played Goldeneye, Tell your Grandma to sign this petition! Lets show Microsoft and Nintendo that this would be the most beautiful thing ever to happen in the gaming world. The best first person shooter ever to be made accessible to millions of older gamers that want to revisit the experience, and millions of new gamers that need to be shown what really makes a FPS great.

Lets work together as a community and make this happen if we show them we want to hand our money over they will come to an arrangement to take it from us!!!

Here’s some footage on You Tube of the classic in action-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM_iLkIJ9Yg&feature=relat...

there is a Facebook group too apparently but i don't use the site so maybe someone else can comfirm that.
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • JuicedBeaverJuicedBeaver302,203
    Posted on 07 November 10 at 15:44
    Apparently it all came down to the fact that MS would have an HD version with online multiplayer and all the bells and whistles while Nintendo would have the original (inferior in their minds) so they refused to sanction it. Sooo yeah it came down to money.

Good luck in trying to convince Nintendo.
    Objection! That was...objectionable!
  • Posted on 07 November 10 at 15:47
    JuicedBeaver said:
    Apparently it all came down to the fact that MS would have an HD version with online multiplayer and all the bells and whistles while Nintendo would have the original (inferior in their minds) so they refused to sanction it. Sooo yeah it came down to money.

ahh they're money hungry i know they won't sell pokemon or mario, unfortunately :[
    But goldeneye it's just naming the right price i recon!!
    Posted on 07 November 10 at 15:59
    maiden of haste said:
    JuicedBeaver said:

ahh they're money hungry i know they won't sell pokemon or mario, unfortunately :[
    But goldeneye it's just naming the right price i recon!!
    MS should just buy Nintendo already, problem solved!
  • Posted on 07 November 10 at 16:02, Edited on 07 November 10 at 16:10 by GammyGreenGiant
    JuicedBeaver said:
    MS should just buy Nintendo already, problem solved!
    Hmm that would be nice to get mario and pokemon to xbox too but sad to lose such an amazing company, afterall it has been round since 1889.

Not to mention Nintendo has sold more wii's than 360's and PS3's combined and they've sold more DS's than Wii's, I think even Microsoft may struggle to afford them!

Anyway back on topic--

Goldeneye for xbox!!!
  • Posted on 07 November 10 at 23:05, Edited on 07 November 10 at 23:06 by blastmastrj420i
    1889 - wonder what video games were hot back then? jk. Seriously though nintendo was around before 89. I wouldn't want to see them go btw

but anyways, goldeneye for xbox that would be awesome!
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 04:16
    blastmastrj420i said:
    1889 - wonder what video games were hot back then? jk. Seriously though nintendo was around before 89. I wouldn't want to see them go btw

but anyways, goldeneye for xbox that would be awesome!
    nah seriously 1889, they started out selling playing cards if i remember correctly, then tried a few different things out including a taxi company, and a love hotel!! then moving into gaming in the 1960's. now japans 3rd or 4th biggest company at $85+ billion!!
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 13:22, Edited on 08 November 10 at 13:23 by Confused Shelf
    Was the Xbox version of this a remake of the original or was it the original?
    "Wait a second, everyone knows pterodactyls can't stand the screech of a guitar"
  • zigs00zigs00217,575
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 16:59
    Confused Shelf said:
    Original, not the crappy looking remake!!

@zigs00- if we just show them were willing to pay they'd be stupid not to try and resolve this. i'd personally pay 1200-2400 points for it if i really have to, imagine the multiplayer!!!
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 18:07
    maiden of haste said:
    Confused Shelf said:
    That doesn't help me. Are you saying it was the original or the crappy looking remake? It was a great game nonetheless
    "Wait a second, everyone knows pterodactyls can't stand the screech of a guitar"
    Posted on 08 November 10 at 18:08
    I just don't see why Activision is playing ball with Nintendo. Whats the worse they could do if they go against their wishes.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 08 November 10 at 18:38
    JuicedBeaver said:
    I just don't see why Activision is playing ball with Nintendo. Whats the worse they could do if they go against their wishes.
    You lose a system to develop for, thus losing part of your market, and potential sales.
    I put the goo in the giggidy giggidy.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy631,531
    Posted on 08 November 10 at 18:40
    petition online is too easily gamed so is never taken seriously
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 19:33
    they remade this game already....just for wii though
  • Posted on 08 November 10 at 19:34
    Confused Shelf said:
    maiden of haste said:
    Confused Shelf said:
    That doesn't help me. Are you saying it was the original or the crappy looking remake? It was a great game nonetheless
    the xbox release will the the original in all it's glory, not the new daniel craig one on the wii
    Posted on 08 November 10 at 21:13, Edited on 08 November 10 at 21:20 by JuicedBeaver
    Jon the Hoff said:
    JuicedBeaver said:
    You lose a system to develop for, thus losing part of your market, and potential sales.
    Yeah but Nintendo also makes money on every piece of software sold so to prevent the largest 3rd party company from publishing games on their system because of a tiny downloadable game would be insane!

Confused Shelf said:
    It would be the original Goldeneye in HD, 60 frames per second and online matchmaking, just look at Perfect Dark HD and you will know what to expect.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 05:17
    JuicedBeaver said:
    Jon the Hoff said:
    JuicedBeaver said:
    Yeah but Nintendo also makes money on every piece of software sold so to prevent the largest 3rd party company from publishing games on their system because of a tiny downloadable game would be insane!
    Nintendo wouldn't make any money from Activision distributing the game on other platforms. Basically what Nintendo would do is say look, you release this on these other systems, and you can't sell games on the Wii anymore. Highly unlikely, as Activision is huge, but you run the risk nonetheless.
    I put the goo in the giggidy giggidy.
  • Posted on 28 November 10 at 02:30
    come on 100,000 people on this site and hardly any one's signed, this is ridiculas!
  • Shemp HowardShemp Howard118,843
    Posted on 08 January 11 at 17:59
    I will admit that Goldeneye on the N64 was the first modern era 3d 1st person shooter on any console. This game is one of the greatest of all-time. If you want to play it and you don't have an N64 they have an N64 emulator you can download then all you would have to do is find the rom/game for it. It would have online splitscreen at the most though which you want the full-blown Xbox 360 experience behind it.

I wish this game would come out over the Market Place...It is tough for these game compainies to agree on stuff like this since they are rivals in business.

Great game though!
    The Great Legend Shemp Howard
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads