Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Joy Ride Turbo Release Date Confirmed

• WeeRyzerWeeRyzer80,827
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:14Permalink
    This is what I hoped for when I bought my Kinect (sold straight after), Controller compatibility!
    obama can't gymkhana..
  • Stifler4LifeStifler4Life839,847
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:14Permalink
    The price inclines me to get points, but I'll wait to see if it handles any better with a controller than with Kinect.
  • MILINKYOMILINKYO1,062,199
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:15Permalink
    It actually looks pretty fun, lets hope its got 400g as well
  • Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:21Permalink
    I'm a sucker for a kart racer...and now that I can actually use a controller - all the better.
  • redjarmanredjarman362,436
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:24Permalink
    GorillaBuddha said:
    I'm a sucker for a kart racer...and now that I can actually use a controller - all the better.
    Totally this. I'll be way more likely to get it this time
  • tractakidtractakid278,617
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:28Permalink
    Where's the free arcade game they promised us? *sigh*
  • Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:30Permalink
    well no kinect mean i really don't have any interest. what i liked about the first game was the use of kinect. I burned some calories in my hips!
  • finallife6finallife6764,230
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 22:36Permalink
    Looks alot better then the retail game tbh but since everyones going to follow suit: WHERE'S MEH FREE GAME MICROSOFT
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 May 12 at 23:04Permalink
    Still need to play the Kinect version
    My blog http://ranting347.wordpress.com/
  • Posted on 15 May 12 at 23:46Permalink
    how much gs ? 400 or 200 ?
  • superTmorsuperTmor91,419
    Posted on 15 May 12 at 23:51Permalink
    I was hoping for this to be free with original game.
  • PetrifiedPetrified916,624
    Posted on 16 May 12 at 00:41Permalink
    I am not paying for something that was supposed to be free to us forever ago
  • Posted on 16 May 12 at 00:52Permalink
    Won't complain about price and how it was supposed to be XBLA instead of retail and free instead of... kinect, controller, etc.

yadda yadda.

What utterly annoys me is that they are asking 800 for a game that basically was half done; models, textures, etc. all look the same so I can't se enough developing work there to justify 800 msp. 400 msp or free for those who have the 1st joy ride, maybe.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun227,555
    Posted on 16 May 12 at 01:41, Edited on 16 May 12 at 01:49 by Loch DounPermalink
    You people really need to stop with the the complaints...
    IT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE FREE.

Does anyone here even know what a F2P price structure means? This was NEVER gonna be like Doritos Crash Course, it was gonna be like Pinball FX 2.

http://kotaku.com/5274698/xbla-getting-free-dlc+supported-ra...
    "even though the base game is free, players will be able to PAY to download new tracks, game modes"

Do you know what that means?
    Download a glorified demo for free with only 1 playable track, 1 playable kart and little to no unlockable achievements until you buy something.
    (Crimson Alliance, Game Room and Pinball FX 2 were all technically "free", right?)

I'd much rather pay 800 points for everything than pay 240 points for each track and 80 points for each car.
    So stop whining about something that never existed in the first place; except in your wildest fantasies.

Microsoft did us all a favor by changing it from F2P to a full game (including 42 cars and a bunch of tracks) for only 800 points.
    They also did us all a favor by removing Kinect support.
  • romo7816romo7816457,291
    Posted on 16 May 12 at 03:28, Edited on 16 May 12 at 03:29 by romo7816Permalink
    According to Xbox 360 achievements its only 200gs.
  • Posted on 16 May 12 at 04:39Permalink
    Loch Doun said:

Does anyone here even know what a F2P price structure means? This was NEVER gonna be like Doritos Crash Course, it was gonna be like Pinball FX 2.

"even though the base game is free, players will be able to PAY to download new tracks, game modes"

Download a glorified demo for free with only 1 playable track, 1 playable kart and little to no unlockable achievements until you buy something.
    (Crimson Alliance, Game Room and Pinball FX 2 were all technically "free", right?)

I'd much rather pay 800 points for everything than pay 240 points for each track and 80 points for each car.
    So stop whining about something that never existed in the first place; except in your wildest fantasies.

Microsoft did us all a favor by changing it from F2P to a full game (including 42 cars and a bunch of tracks) for only 800 points.
    Dude, who pissed in your cupcakes?

Let me dissect your lame excuse for an "educated" post. I was annoyed the first two times I saw it, but your spreading of misinformation by copying and pasting this is grinding my gears.

First of all it was never "F2P", it was meant to be freemium. Look up the E3 2009 and watch the entire thing. The exact wording is "freemium". There is a huge and distinct difference.

Lets start by getting rid of your major argument.

"Download a glorified demo for free with only 1 playable track, 1 playable kart and little to no unlockable achievements until you buy something."

This right here is the biggest load of ASSuming I have ever read. It's not even a good assumption at that. A freemium game works because people get hooked on it, and want to continue to spend more and more on the game. This is done through either micro-transactions or a monthly/yearly fee. Micro-transactions were chosen for this game (pay for each piece of content as you want).

There is no way in HELL they are going to only have one playable track and one playable cart. That was never said, and would never be the fact. Seriously. Look at any "freemium" game, Team Fortress 2, Runescape, Maple Story, League of Legends, heck even World of Warcraft now. Notice something? They all provide 50 - 60 hours of free entertainment before you essentially have to start paying. This gets people hooked. This is the smart thing to do.

A glorified demo it would be not. You could expect anywhere from 5 - 15 carts, and 5 - 10 tracks.

Next, your examples are BS. Game Room and Pinball FX 2 were never freemium, or hell, they weren't even F2P either. They were simply avenues for purchasing content. They included no playable content on their own. Same with Hasbro Game Night... That's just misinformation.

Next, your price points are completely made up. Where'd you get 80 MSP for a car or 240 MSP for a track from? They never gave out pricing... Those are just made-up BS numbers. For that matter, they never specifically mentioned what the content was. Kotaku paraphrases what was said at E3, it's bad journalism to say word for word what they said at E3. I'm willing to bet, you wouldn't have to pay a cent for any of the tracks, or even cars.

What? It's freemium? They have to make money you say... Hmm, right. Now let's look at freemium based games with micro-transactions so far. First of all Team Fortress 2, you can unlock every item in the game for free, but it takes many hours, and you get the weapons randomly given to you. You pay for cosmetic hats, or access to the weapons quicker. League of legends, you can unlock everything for free, but you pay for cosmetic skins, or access to new champians quicker. Same story with Maple Store, etc.

That's the path a freemium game would take. It'd take a long time to do everything, but it's not impossible. (Think, bug village, in terms of games with achievements).

Why would they do it this way? Because it's a multiplayer game. If you had to pay for tracks seperatly, you'd never find anyone to play with (assuming tracks are even made for sale, they'd probably all be free). It also makes great sense, imagine, your a user and you have 4,000 tokens from playing, and you need 5,000 for the vehicle. You'd want to spend the buck or two to get the other tokens. These are made up numbers, and the currency will value, and as will the price. Point is, it's easier for the consumer, and more people would be willing to pay.

They didn't do us no favors taking a nearly-free game, adding kinect and selling it retail for $50. Than raping our wallets again, by removing kinect and charging us another $10.

That's not a favor, that's a butt-fucking.
  • Posted on 16 May 12 at 04:40Permalink
    Loch Doun said:

• Loch DounLoch Doun227,555
    Posted on 16 May 12 at 05:17Permalink
    lmao

You are wrong.

I am right.

Nice try though.
  • A KING 84A KING 84365,082
    Posted on 16 May 12 at 05:28Permalink
    buy or not to buy.... that is the question! Doesnt matter whether it was supposed to this or supposed to be that. pay the msp or dont - options are great!
    King
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.