Game Discussion: Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 Forum

Swimsuit Gifting PLEASE HELP

AuthorMessage
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 31 July 11 at 18:41, Edited on 31 July 11 at 18:46 by OfficerBarbrady
I dont know what I am doing wrong, but no matter what I do I cant get Kasumi to accept Christie's Azurite swimsuit. No matter how many love items I give her she wont accept it. I even tried using the sign out glitch and she STILL wont accept it. What can I do in order to increase the chances of her accepting it?

EDIT: Ok right after I posted this, she accepted itlaugh. Well, now that she has that one I dont have to worry about it anymore. But some tips on swimsuit gifting would still be appreciated!
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
Dog of Thunder
Posted on 31 July 11 at 18:57
The more revealing the swimsuit, the harder it is to gift. This is particularly true with Lisa and Christie's suits. Personal relations among the girls factor, as no matter how many love items you give, no one seems to *really* like Christie.

Patience and perseverance is the best advice. I know, it's annoying and frustrating, but so is this game.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 31 July 11 at 19:01, Edited on 31 July 11 at 19:02 by LV 1 Blue Slime
- Don't give a suit unless you have 4 or 5 love notes. 5 is preferable.
- Always send that girl a gift at night. Not a suit, but something she likes. Better chance of her accepting a suit during the day.
- As Dog of Thunder said how revealing the swimsuit is also matters, but it matters less or more depending on the girl. Lisa seems to have the least inhibitions out of all of them.
- Time of day is supposed to matter for some of them, Kokoro not liking the morning for example, but I'm not sure I believe it.
Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 31 July 11 at 22:14
There really is no sure fire method of having them accept a suit. One thing you should do if you want them to open it in front of you (required for them to red-heart it, meaning they'll randomly wear it when you aren't playing as them), is to make sure to wrap it in the color that the girl likes. In Kasumi's case, she likes the color pink. Kasumi doesn't really like the thong-style suits, regardless of how revealing they are.

If you are gifting to Christie, then you can only gift her ONCE a day (doesn't include gifts sent from the hotel and doesn't matter which time slot is used). Any more than that and she'll lose notes. Ayane and Helena do not like being gifted in the morning.
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 08 August 11 at 02:17
Thanks for the tips! I finished gifting all the swimsuits to Kasumi and now Im on Ayane. Shes even more annoying to gift to because she wont accept them in the morning, and shes almost always at the Marina so I cant gift her anything most of the time.
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 15 August 11 at 22:52
Ayanes done and now Im onto Christie. I thought Ayane was annoying to gift to but Christie is much worse. One swimsuit a day? That means it will take around 3 full vacations to gift each girls collection!
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juiceI
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 16 August 11 at 01:05
Pretty much yep. And that also means you will lose about 2-3 days per vacation just getting Christie to max notes. Christie is without a doubt, the most annoying. Even funner is when she hides in the marina!
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 16 August 11 at 03:22
Ok so I finished gifting all of Ayanes suits to Christie and now I'm gifting Hitomis. However, Christie gifted me one of Ayanes suits at the hotel. Does that mean she doesnt have it in her collection anymore?
When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juiceI
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 16 August 11 at 03:30
No, it doesn't mean that. Occasionally, you'll get gifted suits. It's no different than them sending Items to you.

Besides, if on the off chance I'm misremembering, once you get a girl to spin into a suit (presuming you are going for all red-hearted suits), they will accept that suit as Loved item from that point on (meaning they'll accept it at any point and it works like their favorite food/items). Not sure how it works for yellow-hearted suits though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.