Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: December 27th, 2011

• neeker75neeker751,185,345
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 04:19
    I've a funny situation with Full House Poker. I bought the WP version of the game, but it somehow didn't show on my gamertag (Xbox.com). I called up MS, and they suggested that I try "buying the XBLA version" of the game. It's a silly suggestion, really, but I fell for it and bought it for 800MSP.

Obviously the WP version still didn't show on Xbox.com. Eventually I realized that it was because I didn't have the Mango update, because a patch for the game is available on Mango only. I did the update, and got my 200/200 to register on Xbox.com and TA.

Hang on though, because I've already paid 800MSP for the XBLA version. So I called MS back and told them how stupid they were to give me a useless solution that caused me money (stopped short of admitting how stupid I was to believe them). They relented and refunded the MSP, and so I've the game in my HDD now for free.

Haven't started it though.

Thanks for reading this long story. sleep
  • awaisbkawaisbk111,282
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 04:21
    Oh nice, I am going to grab whole of Family Game night. I can't get myself up to insert disc into xbox anymore. I would rather download every game then buy a disc.
  • Posted on 28 December 11 at 06:37
    garbage.
    BY FYRE BE PURGE
  • Promo UkyoPromo Ukyo335,088
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 07:09
    what an awful deal of the week :(
  • Posted on 28 December 11 at 10:59, Edited on 28 December 11 at 11:01 by Trikke den 1e
    This game is broken for me.

These Family Game Night were discounted a while ago. I've bought the DLC's that I didn't have, and now the game keeps endlessly loading in the elevator, which keeps me from getting the remaining gamerscore on such an easy game.

And if you think that EA will ever fix it, think again...

Developed by EA Bright Light...?!? Looks like them developers aren't very bright at all
  • takuto nekotakuto neko181,584
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 12:36
    saving my points again by the looks of this..
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 December 11 at 14:36
    Wait -- so could someone list ALL of these that AREN'T on the disc so I can purchase those, then buy the disc....
    ~ DJ ~
  • STRESSER1STRESSER1135,188
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 15:45
    full house uncompletable dang!
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS564,123
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 18:07, Edited on 02 January 12 at 02:27 by StarshadeFPS
    MS still hasn't fixed Full House Poker for Norway & Sweden *Goes back to playing Texas Hold Em*

Edit: US offer requires gold* I'm out of luck!
  • grex9101grex9101358,316
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 20:46
    awaisbk said:
    Oh nice, I am going to grab whole of Family Game night. I can't get myself up to insert disc into xbox anymore. I would rather download every game then buy a disc.
    Why would you download every game THEN buy a disc!?? shock
  • grex9101grex9101358,316
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 20:48
    xDJNeLLieNeLL said:
    Wait -- so could someone list ALL of these that AREN'T on the disc so I can purchase those, then buy the disc....
    If only you'd read the full thread then you would know the answer.

But if you're too lazy to read it, then I'm too lazy to tell you warning
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude715,899
    Posted on 28 December 11 at 23:37
    grex9101 said:
    xDJNeLLieNeLL said:
    If only you'd read the full thread then you would know the answer.

But if you're too lazy to read it, then I'm too lazy to tell you warning
    You sir, rock! Thank you for saying this for me ;)
    Jake
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE536,430
    Posted on 29 December 11 at 10:27
    Scoochi2 said:
    And Scrabble is US-only (it's not listed in the post, but it IS included in DoTW).
    Which is crap, since I won't ever be able to complete the game. They should make it international, my opinion though (:
    MCoreBE
  • Posted on 02 January 12 at 19:11
    Throni360 said:
    Again? -.-
    Again! laugh
    Flesh And The Power It Holds
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.