Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: May 29th, 2012

• Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:25, Edited on 29 May 12 at 19:27 by TVthePunisher
    toxicitymitch said:
    LuckoftheMoose said:
    Peggle is seriously the best game ever! If you dont have it already...GET IT! Also, I really enjoyed bejewled blitz live, I believe I got it at full price which was well worth it, 200 is a steal!
    peggle is THE most fun arcade game!!
    Peggle is the root of all evil. It is a demonic hellspawn intent on watching you suffer as skill isn't a requirement but pure luck on where that effin' ball goes and how many points/pegs you get from it. Granted...it's addicting and a fun game in it's own right, it becomes downright sinister when you hunt for the achievements...I think I have 8 challenges left for the original 200...and I just cannot overcome them.

Sigh...I guess I could get the DLC since it's on sale...again. At least I'll have a bit more gamerscore off the title. This all said, I highly recommend the game to anyone EXCEPT those that have bad luck (like myself). N+, Splosion Man...I'll take any day, that's skill in survival...Peggle? I need a four leaf clover.

As for Zuma, it can die in a fire. Game sucks, hands down. It's "fun"...but it's stupid too. Plants vs. Zombies is a must for anyone, love that game. Surprisingly works well on a 360 controller as I was used to the PC controls. Definitely the easiest 200 out of those three games (I mention them together because I bought the PVP disc which comes with Peggle and Zuma, only $19.99 at Walmart/Target...of course with this sale you get all the games for cheaper than that).
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath554,253
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:26
    Garbage....all of it. I am seriously steering away from anything arcade anyways. I'm not buying into the 400 GS for $20 when I can get a full game that cheap.

They need more DLC deals and less flash game deals
  • Ferrara316Ferrara316471,114
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:32
    Has any of the Wallace and Gromit games ever been on sale? I swear, its the only "series" of games on the XBOX Marketplace that has never gotten the DotW treatment. WTF?
  • Lefty24Lefty24856,359
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:34
    I think it is about time that we start shooting the messenger...
  • Amedeus8Amedeus8264,693
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:35
    Is it any wonder I see so many people moving to PCs and Steam? Jesus, Microsoft, put in an effort once in awhile.

Or, you know, keep rehashing the same lame baby shit that nobody want week after week. I know I'm not buying any of this, and I don't know anybody who is.
    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
  • Barad 007Barad 007936,499
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:36
    Nothing I like.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • pezza888pezza888169,291
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:38
    joueurxbox360 said:
    why again!! They shoud put Crysis or RE4 HD & Code Veronica already done on Playstation Store, or something never dicounted!!
    Yes!!! We want resi 4!!!!
    If they put resi 4 on I would be so happy. Really want it, but not for 1860msp or whatever it is currently.
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:39
    Peggle is a good game. I hope the people talking smack about skill actually completed the game or at least the challenge rooms.
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:43
    Zuma is WELL WORTH 200MSP. It's also to help promote the 2nd one coming up. If people don't realize that these are 90% of the time promoting new games, then they're not the brightest.

I'm PRAYING for a Halo Wars / Marathon Add-On drop soon, although I'm buying them on Thursday if they're not announced (doubting it lol)
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • mijn kontmijn kont235,311
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:45
    Plants vs Zombies has gotten my interests.... might...buy....it........MIGHT!
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:52
    If you don't already know; Plants vs. Zombies is a lot of fun. I generally stay away from games that my phone's processor can handle, but once I made the mistake and bought Peggle. Yes, Peggle is as lame as it sounds.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty838,535
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 19:57
    ycsmnews com said:
    Zuma is WELL WORTH 200MSP. It's also to help promote the 2nd one coming up. If people don't realize that these are 90% of the time promoting new games, then they're not the brightest.

So in that case Einstein how do you explain the other 8 that are DOTW for the umpteenth time.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82488,344
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:00
    The Onyx Kid said:
    Delith said:
    Freamwhole said:
    Makes me want to look at last years June and July promotions to see if there is anything coming up I should be excited for since they will probably continue to re-hash old DotW.
    Or just check every month back since 2010 and you will get some of next weeks. I can't wait to hear the groans (actually, I can wait)......

5-11 June

•SEGA Bass Fishing (SEGA) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    •Borderlands New Revolution (2K) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    •Borderlands Secret Armory Unsensored (2K) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    •Borderlands The Underdome (2K) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    •Borderlands Zombie Island (2K) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    •Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Collection (Rockstar) - 800 MSP (50% off)
    •Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Collection - Japan Only (Rockstar) - 1050 MSP (50% off)
    •Boulder Dash-XL (Kalypso) - 400 MSP (50% off)
    epiclulz, you have GOT to be kidding me. This is seriously a joke, right?
    sadly not a joke. I found the same info on x360a.org
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:10
    If you haven't played peggle, get it. It's a hard completion, but one hell of a fun game.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
  • izret102izret1022,054,346
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:11
    Maybe on Bejeweled 3... Have had everything else for ages now.
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • DomaDragoonDomaDragoon170,699
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:16
    Sure, it's a repeat week, and I already have all the games being discounted that I'm interested in, but I really don't think that this is that bad a sale. Don't forget that people join up all the time and may not have had an Xbox the last time these were on sale. Is it frustrating that it's a repeat? Yes. That doesn't change that it's still a decent sale.

(And yes, I could say the same for most of next week's. Though maybe a little less tolerant since it requires a certain game rather than being the game itself. I choose to believe that it's indicative of Borderlands 2 being a big part of the next E3 and RDR2 getting a surprise announcement at the MS conference. Hooray for insane theories!)
    www.rpgdl.com
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:17
    All of these games are amazing. Get tem if you havent already. Especially the Bejeweled and Feeding Frenzy games. smile
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN415,666
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:17
    WOW amazing deal, everything is a first time in here!!.

Sarcasm aside I think I'll go for Bejeweled 3.
  • Ali060Ali0601,137,334
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:25
    Does anyone recommend any games? And are there any easy completions?
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • Posted on 29 May 12 at 20:28, Edited on 29 May 12 at 21:01 by TsubakiCalamity
    Ali060 said:
    Does anyone recommend any games? And are there any easy completions?
    Feeding Frenzy 1 & 2 are the easiest 200G.

Oh, and Bejeweled 3 for me this week; already got most of these in my library.

Edit: Almost got the entire PopCap game titles; only Bejeweled 3 left!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.