Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: May 29th, 2012

• TimutimuTimutimu162,928
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 23:12
    Z4M0 said:
    microsoft teached us that, sistematically games from promos (bummer of arcade, block party,etc) wich use to be AAA in arcade terms will go discounted to half in the next 3 months, meaning what you've seen this summer you could have it half its price for xmas.

that was the formula.

So people stopped buying downloadable games on release date, then microsoft notices and is trying to erase that out of our minds saying "see ? games are not allways getting discounted within 3 months and some maybe never will".

They want my money so badly I won't dish it to them that easy. Didn't take FROM DUST at 33% OFF back at the day and won't be doing till 50% nor will do with other stuff. Sorry.

DOTW is suupposed to be a feature we get for being GOLD subscribers so I will make use of it, for sure. I got so much backlog I wont even bother looking at recently released game till it gets discounted.

Sure, FEZ,etc. are good. But I'm no baby about to pee my pants right here right now. I can wait. The day I'll have 0 backlog I'll start to think about release date buying like I did back at the time.
    You're making it sound as though DOTW is a right and not a privilege. Sorry to disappoint, but Micro$oft are in no way obligated to give us the games we really want for cheap. They want our money.

As far as I'm concerned if I really want a game, Im gonna but it, regardless of cost. And if it's on sale? Bonus, but not gonna sway me unless it's what I want to but at that point in time.
    Dum de dum dum dum
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN398,862
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 23:28
    Ist it just me? But I think that since EA bought popcap I see more and more of the same deals.
  • BeachemBeachem555,384
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 23:32
    Picked up Feeding Frenzy. Can't beat 200 MSP. The achievements look pretty damn grindy but I think I will still enjoy it.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl944,332
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 23:49
    I own four of those...lol me.

Peggle is an awesome game though.
    No Mercy.
  • Tully123Tully123735,328
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 00:13
    How is Peggle not skill based when you can map out your shots exact trajectory? It's only luck if you aim randomly and don't think about the result.

Anyway, the constant rehashing of deals is terrible. Since I started using Steam, I'd say the whole catalog has been discounted (2000 games? Summer sale/Winter sale) compared to Microsoft who seem to think we want Borderlands DLC on sale basically every other week.
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney503,006
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 00:33
    Their deals of the week are freaking terrible! Who is playing these shitty games? Nobody wants this crap, and nobody cares about these games! How about putting discounts on some games that people actually want to play like Alan Wake's American Nightmare, or reducing the cost of DLC on certain games like Saints Row 3.
    MizerisMoney
  • RCRC309,310
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 00:57
    How are these "deals?" These should be the standard prices for such games.
  • AchtiAchti573,886
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 01:30
    not a great deal of the week but i got myself Feeding Frenzy 2
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100198,127
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 01:48
    Tully123 said:
    How is Peggle not skill based when you can map out your shots exact trajectory? It's only luck if you aim randomly and don't think about the result.
    At best, you can see 2-3 pegs ahead. The kind of play which makes Peggle fun happens when you start getting 4-5 bounces in.

No, it's not complete luck. The problem is that the only skill involved in Peggle is that of abusing the starting position to get the easy pegs+free balls at the start, and then playing the endgame right so that you get somewhat more skill-based but no less boring one peg bucket shots.

There is hardly any more boring or stupid gameplay than the optimal way to play Peggle.
  • Posted on 30 May 12 at 02:41
    If you want easy points and a good deal, Zuma! Talk about hours, upon hours, upon hours of great goodness. By far the easiest to max out gamer score on this list, followed up by Peggle. Have fun laugh
  • Tully123Tully123735,328
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 02:49
    zyxomma100 said:
    At best, you can see 2-3 pegs ahead. The kind of play which makes Peggle fun happens when you start getting 4-5 bounces in.

No, it's not complete luck. The problem is that the only skill involved in Peggle is that of abusing the starting position to get the easy pegs+free balls at the start, and then playing the endgame right so that you get somewhat more skill-based but no less boring one peg bucket shots.

There is hardly any more boring or stupid gameplay than the optimal way to play Peggle.
    If I hit a peg in the same spot over and over, the resulting bounce will always go in the same direction. For it to be luck based, the direction of the bounce would need to be variable. Are you going to say that geometry is based on luck?

I don't really care to argue, but technically there is no luck involved in Peggle. Everything can be judged using maths.
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka312,615
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 03:22
    joueurxbox360 said:
    why again!! They shoud put Crysis or RE4 HD & Code Veronica already done on Playstation Store, or something never dicounted!!
    I bit the bullet on Crysis. Having a good time with it at the moment. headspin
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • RayhovenRayhoven836,468
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 03:56
    Hey I'm not complaining about these deals, some of us don't have boatloads of M$ points at their disposal nor check the DotW every week (in college, so some weeks are hectic). I appreciate the return of some of these deals such as FF and Plants v. Zombies which I may be downloading this week now as I heard they can be fun little games. But at the same time, Microsoft, time to throw people a bone and give us some 50% Black Ops maps I promise it will be well worth the decision as I will buy all 4 the first day.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice323,644
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 04:49, Edited on 30 May 12 at 04:51 by DakotaThrice
    Oriole2682 said:
    Has boulder dash XL been on sale before? I don't think SEGA Bass Fishing has, something new whats with the complaining?

Also one more question...Is Undead Nightmare include ALL DLC with achievements for Red Dead?
    Undead Nightmare includes all DLC except the last free pack, which doesn't have achievements, nut hey, its free.

Nothing for mw this week as all the stuff im interested in is available on disc. Might grtab borderlands dlc next week though.
  • Posted on 30 May 12 at 05:27
    Hmm I suppose I could buy feeding frenzy 2...
  • BaneDainBaneDain449,191
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 05:29
    StylishKillah said:
    If you want easy points and a good deal, Zuma! Talk about hours, upon hours, upon hours of great goodness. By far the easiest to max out gamer score on this list, followed up by Peggle. Have fun laugh
    Im Commander Shepard and Ive just sacrificed my entire crew to eject Zuma OUT OF THE AIRLOCK!!

Now Microsoft and Koei, discount Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends (its 2400 microsoft points!) or i'll cut your eyes out and sell you to Vorcha slavers.angry

PS all of this was a lie because i'm not Commander Shepard
    IM BATMAN
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude725,422
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 06:05
    I'll be getting the Feeding Frenzy games. Look completable.
  • kipfizhkipfizh531,694
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 06:26
    MizerisMoney said:
    Their deals of the week are freaking terrible! Who is playing these shitty games? Nobody wants this crap, and nobody cares about these games! How about putting discounts on some games that people actually want to play like Alan Wake's American Nightmare, or reducing the cost of DLC on certain games like Saints Row 3.
    Plants vs. Zombies - 25k players on site
    Peggle - 35k
    Zuma - 19k
    Feeding Frenzy - 31k

If you sort the arcade games (Site Pages -> Games -> Arcade Only -> Gamers) you'll find that not only are they all on page 1, they are all in the top half. All these games are amongst the 50 most possible XBLA games around, not bad when some of those above them are free.

Peggle is only one spot behind Limbo, and even record-breaking Trials Evolution has some way to go to catch it (although it surely will by the end of the year) - sitting at 21k.

So your assertion that 'nobody wants this crap, and nobody cares about these games' is factually incorrect, quite wildly.

As for the game you mentioned - Alan Wake's American Nightmare has only 6600 site players, less than 20% of Peggle's. It also may be a little early for a Deal of the Week inclusion, having only been out three months. Consider that this is the first appearance for Bejeweled 3, which has been out for seven, and PopCap games are frequently discounted.
  • RockanoidRockanoid453,583
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 07:59
    Well, I'm trying to be positive.. Bejewled 3 is truly a great game.. :)
    I lost the game!
  • ScenemanSceneman420,918
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 08:19
    Squeezefan said:
    toxicitymitch said:
    LuckoftheMoose said:
    Peggle is seriously the best game ever! If you dont have it already...GET IT! Also, I really enjoyed bejewled blitz live, I believe I got it at full price which was well worth it, 200 is a steal!
    peggle is THE most fun arcade game!!
    Peggle is at best fun but just an average game with no real skill just luck
    go for 200/200, then get back to us wink you have to get friggn good to 100% every stage.

And I'm pleased with this Dotw, because I wasn't sure if I wanted Outland, and if I should wait for this weeks deals.... I'm stoked I picked up Outland for 400 now!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.