Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Celebrate Xbox's Ten Year Anniversary In Japan

• punkyliarpunkyliar226,471
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:28
    Get a free XBLA game if you're a Japanese resident

Ten years ago yesterday, the original Xbox was released in Japan. As Microsoft likes marking its milestones, they've decided to run two promotions for Japanese residents to help with the celebrations.

The first promotion offers a free XBLA game for the first 300,000 applicants. The three games included in the promotion are Lode Runner, Snoopy Flying Ace and The Maw. To get yourself one of these games, simply follow the link to the application form at the bottom of this page. The offer will remain open until 300,000 applications have been received. Gamers must be a resident of Japan and only one entry is allowed per gamertag. If you are successful, the code for your free game will be sent to the e-mail account associated with your gamertag either at the end of March or at the beginning of April 2012.

The second promotion offers five players a chance to spend the night in the luxurious Hilton Tokyo Bay in Odaiba. The rooms will also be equipped with Kinect so that you can spend the night playing Kinect games. All Microsoft would like players to do is to Tweet their memories of their favourite Xbox or Xbox 360 game directly to @Xbox_JP. This promotion closes on February 26th, 2012.

What are you waiting for?

External link: http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/campaign/xbox10th/10thanniversaryc...
  • Tandar1Tandar12,002,366
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:31
    Seems racist to me.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke428,441
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:32
    Good to see a place instead of the US and UK getting something for once =]
    "I pity you, you just don't get it at all, there's not a thing I don't cherish!"
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:33
    Time to pull out the jap account?
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:34
    One 360 sold for every year. CELEBRATE! :D
  • Brev2034Brev2034592,395
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:36
    So hang on a minute in country that couldn't give a s#!t about Xbox they get given a free xbox live arcade game but here in the UK we got a avatar prop that was rubbish where's the logic
    Brev2034
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:39
    *shrugs* Can't remember if we got anything to celebrate in the US; I think we just got the privilege to buy time sensitive avatar props and clothing.

>>;
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:40
    That's why they're generous.
    IP tracked btw, wouldn't go near it.
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:44
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    That's why they're generous.
    IP tracked btw, wouldn't go near it.
    Proxy server?
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • Jerick85Jerick85184,887
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:52
    Brev2034 said:
    So hang on a minute in country that couldn't give a s#!t about Xbox they get given a free xbox live arcade game but here in the UK we got a avatar prop that was rubbish where's the logic
    The logic is that because xbox isn't very popular there - they want to increase the popularity. One method for doing that is deals like these. Why would they waste money on expensive promotions in a market that they already 'own' ?
    Trying to increase completion percentage.
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:57
    ???????????!

lucky!
    [Bleep bloop!]
  • JDA27JDA271,049,949
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 15:58
    Jerick85 said:
    Brev2034 said:
    The logic is that because xbox isn't very popular there - they want to increase the popularity. One method for doing that is deals like these. Why would they waste money on expensive promotions in a market that they already 'own' ?
    Beat me too it, but yeh, this.
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:01
    I bought a deal off the Dashboard last year, a years gold, plus The Maw and Snoopy. I never got the games and when i contacted them months later they claimed to know nothing of the deal.
  • Kravex EctarKravex Ectar110,412
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:03
    Tandar1 said:
    Seems racist to me.
    How?

Where else in the world was it ten years yesterday when the Xbox was released?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty803,696
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:09
    I doubt 300,000 people in Japan own an Xbox. More like 300.
  • Moose ReconMoose Recon102,723
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:10
    Too bad there wasnt a promotion like this here lol
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:20
    what the hell? Japan gets free games and we get the dumbest themes ever when they do that stuff for us. I guess they can get away with it cheaper over there because no one in Japan likes the Xbox.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,309
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:31
    JDA27 said:
    Jerick85 said:
    Brev2034 said:
    Beat me too it, but yeh, this.
    Thinking the same thing. glad to see a promo over there to drum up more sales. Just don't link me to them for MP games... Lagtastic! laugh
  • Snow BrigadeSnow Brigade179,662
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:36
    Jerick85 said:
    Brev2034 said:
    Brand loyalty, no?
    Waiting for a new "Manhunt" to be made for 360
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:42
    Open until they receive 300,000 applications? It's going to be open forever then.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.