Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Celebrate Xbox's Ten Year Anniversary In Japan

• Zacry072Zacry0721,340,717
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 16:54
    R0Y4LEwitCHEESE said:
    Open until they receive 300,000 applications? It's going to be open forever then.
    They'll be celebrating the 16 year anniversary by the time this amount gets reached.
  • MarkLaing07MarkLaing07436,860
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:00
    it says the first promotion is for xbox japan only
    but what about the second one?
    is that everyone or japan only still
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/MarkLaing07.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:00
    I here the afterparty of the Xbox celebration is being held on Playstation Home.
  • Erickson187Erickson187568,984
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:03
    DradusContact said:
    I bought a deal off the Dashboard last year, a years gold, plus The Maw and Snoopy. I never got the games and when i contacted them months later they claimed to know nothing of the deal.
    Same here. I signed up for 3 different promotions with different gamertags for the Maw and never got any of them. One of them had been for signing up for a 1 month Gold account, and then I had converted it onto a family plan and because I did that they said it voided the promotion. It was garbage because I had spoken to Xbox Live reps before I converted them that it would not impact me from getting the free games, however it was only many months later after dozens of calls they told me I no longer qualified for the game because I had converted the account onto a Family plan.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,273,889
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:03
    R0Y4LEwitCHEESE said:
    Open until they receive 300,000 applications? It's going to be open forever then.
    ^ This. I thought Xbox gave up on Japan last year...
  • Hu1kfistHu1kfist203,313
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:15
    Well i'm glad to be in Japan, Just made my application
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto148,529
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:17
    A 'free Xbox Live game' isn't going to attract someone into buying a console they don'tcare for. Microsoft will never succeed there.
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:21
    The Japanese hate american technology simple.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic510,510
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:30
    Come on already Microsoft. Celebrate the Japanese presence by releasing games like Idolmaster here in Region 1! Bring those quirky games over here!
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,149,265
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 17:47
    Rhyolitic said:
    Come on already Microsoft. Celebrate the Japanese presence by releasing games like Idolmaster here in Region 1! Bring those quirky games over here!
    Anybody who buys a copy of Idolmaster should automatically be put on the sex offenders register.
    Hodor!
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 18:01
    right it was the 10 anniversary of xbox in the uk and us last year what did we get nothing the japan has a 10 anniversary free xbox arcade game
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 18:04
    Xbox has to do something to try and keep however many Xbox players they have left out there. The sales have dropped substantially and they are pulling games off the shelves and not ordering new shipments. The Xbox is a dying breed in Japan..:(
  • lidddliddd1,438,782
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 18:28
    Tandar1 said:
    Seems racist to me.
    im going to have to agree with this guy
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 February 12 at 18:33
    Thankfully I don't need to write a comment positively speaking about SCEJ/SCEA and Playstation since this article and the current responses already do it for me.

Great for Japanese players though to get some stuff for free, and I'm glad we're posting something on TA news that isn't revolved around the US or UK.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 18:56
    "I'm turning Japanese
    I think I'm turning Japanese
    I really think so..."
    - The Vapors headspin
  • wbswbs965,201
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 19:09
    I have a Japanese profile and I just received my Blue Dragon Japanese Xbox will I be able to get a free arcade game?
  • SixSticksSixSticks529,279
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 19:55
    liddd said:
    Tandar1 said:
    Seems racist to me.
    Can we confirm non-Japanese citizens living in Japan are excluded from this offer? :)
  • AtlantisRhythmAtlantisRhythm1,222,209
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 20:06
    SixSticks said:
    liddd said:
    Tandar1 said:
    Seems racist to me.
    Can we confirm non-Japanese citizens living in Japan are excluded from this offer? :)
    I hope not, my sister is working over there so I was going to get her to enter for me. Already ordered 28 games on her Amazon.jp account to ship over and added 20 more to the wish list. I don't think I'm pushing it.....
  • Posted on 23 February 12 at 20:35, Edited on 23 February 12 at 20:43 by Leo Ascendent
    Japan, lol.

Acceleretto said:
    A 'free Xbox Live game' isn't going to attract someone into buying a console they don'tcare for. Microsoft will never succeed there.
    Same logic with the Ps3. We buy their stuff, but they don't do the same. Proof they want to destroy us.
    http://lvgrb.blogspot.com/ --- Message me if you wanna do some reviews
  • DontasciimeDontasciime363,587
    Posted on 23 February 12 at 21:29
    And when it's 10 in uk .... Ms say Fucky fucky you
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.