Game Discussion: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360)

WARNING: DLC No Longer Available

• Phoenix C64Phoenix C64319,561
    Posted on 28 June 10 at 15:48
    Chris1984uk said:
    Sorry but I doubt it. Activision dont have the licence anymore for the series so they can't produce it/sell it.
    whoever owns the license now, could buy the DLC off activision archives and sell it...

i mean... a man can dream, right?
  • Taco BobTaco Bob919,245
    Posted on 28 June 10 at 16:00, Edited on 28 June 10 at 16:02 by Taco Bob
    Chris1984uk said:
    Sorry but I doubt it. Activision dont have the licence anymore for the series so they can't produce it/sell it.
    Or Activision could just get (buy) permission to re-publish the content. It isn't unheard of or as far fetched as you think. We just need to show them that it would be worth it for them to spend the extra cash.
    Yeah, I don't have a colon. Wanna fight about it!
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,325
    Posted on 28 June 10 at 20:03
    Even though Activision said they wouldnt be renewing the licence?!
  • Taco BobTaco Bob919,245
    Posted on 28 June 10 at 20:29
    Though I've never heard them say anything of the sort, that doesn't really mean much coming from a corporation such as Activision. As long as there is money to be made, it doesn't matter what they've said in the past.
    Yeah, I don't have a colon. Wanna fight about it!
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,116
  • albajosalbajos1,552,143
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 02:08, Edited on 29 June 10 at 02:11 by albajos
    I checked Marvel's homepage when it was removed and they still promoted the release quite some time after. So I think many was suprised when this happened, even those that should have been informed.

And it would be Marvel loosing out in the end since their name is all over the game, so I can understand if Marvel have pulled some strings to make this happen.

(I was close to mailing Stan Lee myself, but found myself in a position of not caring enough if it was available or not)

I'm a True Beliver again!
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
  • Mickey BurnsMickey Burns379,585
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 02:48
    Sweet ... I just hope that I know when it is out so I can snag it ... would hate to miss this.

This surely must be the summer of companies realizing when they have fucked up ... albeit a bit late.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,116
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 02:54
    If nothing else you can just check in December. They said it'll be around until 2011 starts.
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewboard.aspx?messageboardid=2529
  • Mickey BurnsMickey Burns379,585
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 04:29
    What was in the DLC anyways? Was Juggernaut included?
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,325
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 08:40, Edited on 29 June 10 at 08:41 by Chris1984uk
    TOO Taco Bob said:
    Though I've never heard them say anything of the sort, that doesn't really mean much coming from a corporation such as Activision. As long as there is money to be made, it doesn't matter what they've said in the past.
    Well when they removed it they took down the first MUA DLC with it because of rights/licenses. I am wrong though so I will admit defeat (for now!) laugh

Mickey Burns said:
    What was in the DLC anyways? Was Juggernaut included?
    The DLC consisted of new characters and new simulator missions (which were tied to the achievements.

Characters included were

Carnage
    Magneto
    Psylocke
    Cable
    Black Panther
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64319,561
    Posted on 29 June 10 at 09:05
    if they really get that DLC up and running again... fall/winter is gonna be awesome... first they announced ghostbusters patch and now this...

only thing that could make this even better is if they brought some online servers up again ;)
  • DragonYenDragonYen951,821
    Posted on 30 June 10 at 16:14
    Alita360 said:
    if they really get that DLC up and running again... fall/winter is gonna be awesome... first they announced ghostbusters patch and now this...

only thing that could make this even better is if they brought some online servers up again ;)
    EA fixing Ao2:TFD's DLC and Midway reforming and fixing Smash TV.
    DragonYen - www.dragonyen.com
  • Posted on 02 July 10 at 23:07
    DragonYen said:
    EA fixing Ao2:TFD's DLC and Midway reforming and fixing Smash TV.
    And UMK3 would be nice as well.....
    Mashed Potatoes are my Friends
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads