Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Joy Ride Turbo Trailer Races In

• litepinklitepink287,828
  • Posted on 17 May 12 at 05:43Permalink
    Everyone keeps saying this game was originally intended to be free, but I don't know the story behind that. Could someone enlighten me?
  • The5thCylonThe5thCylon309,410
  • Posted on 17 May 12 at 07:58Permalink
    It might be me, but this 'controller' release seems to indicate they felt it did not work well on the Kinect - one of those early 'try anything' releases. You can get the Kinect version for £7.95 on Zavvi the other day in the UK.
  • Posted on 17 May 12 at 08:40Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Everyone keeps saying this game was originally intended to be free, but I don't know the story behind that. Could someone enlighten me?
    It was never going to be 'free' more of a micro transactions model but at 800msp it will probably work out a lot cheaper than the original model anyway.

http://kotaku.com/5274698/xbla-getting-free-dlc+supported-ra...

The game will be issued as a free download playable online for all Xbox Live Gold members. Following the popular model of Korean MMOs, even though the base game is free, players will be able to pay to download new tracks, game modes and avatar items, according to Microsoft's press release.

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/989/989277p1.html

The microtransaction model that Joy Ride sports might raise a few eyebrows. Though the game is free, you'll have to pay to get some of the more desirable content. That includes cars, Avatar clothing and game modes. Some of these will be free while others will come at a price.
  • ApexiosApexios286,148
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 10:20Permalink
    Nah I'm good. First one was for everyone until Microsoft realised they're useless invention was short of games. Anyone seen the footage of someone playing it and the cars driving themselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKq8Js-kEs
  • radzioszokradzioszok88,659
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty509,258
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 11:45Permalink
    Apexios said:
    Nah I'm good. First one was for everyone until Microsoft realised they're useless invention was short of games. Anyone seen the footage of someone playing it and the cars driving themselves?

Would that be the useless invention that sold 10 million units then? laugh
  • Posted on 17 May 12 at 11:49Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    Apexios said:

Lol??
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude669,365
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 12:06Permalink
    All I care about for this is achievements. Sorry developers, you made one of "those" games.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your
  • K0B1U5K0B1U5299,083
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 13:16Permalink
    Definitely enjoyed the style of the original, competitive 8 player racing with a controller could be fun!
    “A man chooses, a slave obeys.”
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye178,287
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 13:18Permalink
    could be fun with a controller, will wait for it to be 400 MSP though
  • PetrifiedPetrified916,624
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 18:43, Edited on 17 May 12 at 19:12 by PetrifiedPermalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    Apexios said:

How many of those sales are bundled with an Xbox 360? I am going to say the majority are.

Everyone I know with a Kinect got it with a console and have barely used it.
  • DontasciimeDontasciime272,370
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 21:36, Edited on 17 May 12 at 21:38 by DontasciimePermalink
    Kinect version is shite and shows how kinect has the responsiveness of something in a 40yr coma
  • Loch DounLoch Doun227,555
    Posted on 17 May 12 at 22:57, Edited on 17 May 12 at 22:58 by Loch DounPermalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    They are wrong.
    The game was never going to be "free."
    More like a platform for DLC like Pinball FX 2 and Game Room. That Kotaku article mentions that the game was going to be broken down into different pieces and sold separately. Much better to buy everything as a whole for 800 points.

This doesn't look like a Mario kart killer, but certainly a fun alternative.
  • DontasciimeDontasciime272,370
    Posted on 18 May 12 at 12:51, Edited on 18 May 12 at 12:54 by DontasciimePermalink
    ^ it was free to play and xbox staff on sent u a message always said it was free when the question arose often. Ms lie, tell you shit like ooh the xbox limited ed 250gb Console with 250 GB HDD and the 250gb hdd is never going to be sold separately (Larry [mn] Liar ) and what happened they sold it separately. Full of shit stupid looking company.

Micro transactions were never mentioned when they said free with their mouths

MMO indicates you pay for extra stuff.
  • Posted on 18 May 12 at 19:41Permalink
    Jake2355 said:
    All I care about for this is achievements. Sorry developers, you made one of "those" games.
    Hehe
  • EndodroidEndodroid537,452
    Posted on 18 May 12 at 19:52Permalink
    personally, i cant wait for this. closest mario kart style game ive seen and local and online play.
  • Posted on 19 May 12 at 16:41Permalink
    Looks good enough to be a 400 MSP game so I will wait until it goes on sale. Looks like fun though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.