Game Discussion: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Forum

Castlevania: LOS. Chapter IV Boss

AuthorMessage
Cormac
Cormac
Posted on 08 February 11 at 15:19
That's the Crow Witch. I somehow managed to get her down on the ground the first time but then it seemed like I was indefinitely throwing eggs at her and fighting eggspawn and her health hadn't moved in ages. Then I died. The next time I tried I couldn't even get her down on the ground. I just rage quit the game and I don't fancy turning it back on.

There is no guide for beating her on here but I looked at the Complete All Chapter IV Trials guide and it makes reference to hitting her with all 3 eggs when she throws them at you. As far as I know I haven't managed this once yet! The camera angle change and distance between eggs means I miss the second egg every time, sometimes it even hits me.

Do I actually have to throw all three eggs back in a sequence or is it possible to beat her just by persistant single egg throwing? Considering her health didn't change after 10 minutes of single eggs I would guess it needs to be all three eggs in one go.

Any advice appreciated. I feel like punching my 360.
And yet he complained that his belly was not full.
Badly Worn Toy
Posted on 08 February 11 at 16:52
Found this video, hope it helps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_vrNiFlzrU

To be honest i haven't a clue how i defeated her. I just kept throwing the eggs back and following the QTE, followed by a quick beating around her head. I don't think i ever threw three in continuously either.
[12:37:41] drabik: Nobody can insult BWT. He's un-insultable.
Cormac
Cormac
Posted on 09 February 11 at 00:49, Edited on 09 February 11 at 01:18 by Cormac
I considered coming back and editing that to say that for some reasons videos don't work on this connection. It doesn't seem to matter what the source is it just sits there with the down/loading icon whirling in the middle of the screen endlessly. I tried looking for a video before I posted that and I've just spent five minutes watching your link do the same.

I'll take your words as law and give it another try now. I have a feeling I was being a spaz and missing the fact she was flashing to indicate I should grapple her with the chain.

If I can't master the triple egg throw then I can't complete the trials but for now I'll just settle for beating the bitch.

Here goes nothing....

Edit:
Turns out I was being a spaz. I wasn't looking at the Crow Witch for QTE prompts I spent my time looking at her health bar (wondering how I was supposed to damage her if she was invincible) and fighting the eggspawn.

I was pleased to see that even after my rage quit I was at the boss checkpoint so didn't have to complete the entire level again. It literally took me three minutes from loading it up.

I sometimes look at this board and think people are morons for posting what is basically them missing something obvious. I wouldn't say it is nice to be the moron in question this time but it is humbling to know even I am capable of idiot oversights!

Thanks for your post BWT, you gave me the confidence to go back and try it again at the very least.
And yet he complained that his belly was not full.
Badly Worn Toy
Posted on 09 February 11 at 08:38, Edited on 09 February 11 at 08:39 by Badly Worn Toy
Haha! We all have moments like that, I'm sure mate. Glad I could be some sorta help :)
[12:37:41] drabik: Nobody can insult BWT. He's un-insultable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.