Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Forum

Subtitles

AuthorMessage
MxstShadow
MxstShadow
Posted on 13 June 12 at 09:29
How the frick do you put them on, i'm sure when i first played this i had them on and now i can't find then GAH!

Much help please! wave
yURCH
yURCH
Posted on 13 June 12 at 10:30
I'm pretty sure there are no subtitles... That's why I completely missed the story in first AC smile
We, the Dark Court, give whoever you are our highest praise... dood...
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 14 June 12 at 05:21
Just put the game in and I have honestly searched every option there is... I see nothing to do with subtitles sorry man :/
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
MxstShadow
MxstShadow
Posted on 14 June 12 at 09:27
haha no worries i've finished the game before so know whats happening it's just annoyingly stupid compared to the rest of the AC's :P Cheers anyway :D
The96Gambler
The96Gambler
Posted on 11 July 12 at 07:40
I never played with subtitles because:
- You can't pay attention to the on-screen action if you're reading
- You can understand if you listen carefully

I learned all my English from video games and TV shows. I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but I just felt the need of saying it :)
elegant honesty
Posted on 18 January 15 at 04:59
yURCH said:I'm pretty sure there are no subtitles... That's why I completely missed the story in first AC smileSame problem, and I'm using our old TV so it's miserable. Oh well, I'll just have to go through it again ;P
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 30 October 18 at 17:02
The96Gambler said:
I never played with subtitles because:
- You can't pay attention to the on-screen action if you're reading
- You can understand if you listen carefully

I learned all my English from video games and TV shows. I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but I just felt the need of saying it :)
That’s a very ignorance of what you said. There are a lot of people depends on subtitles like me because I am deaf and there are a millions of deaf, hard of hearing, or significant hearing loss gamers out there using subtitles to read the story and background sounds in video games.

“You can’t pay attention to the on-screen action if you’re reading.”

WTF? Really? Maybe for you that you can’t pay attention to it but many of us can. Same apply to movies with closed captioned and subtitles.

You have no clue at all, period.

Back to topic, I’d love to play Assassin Creed (the first one) but this is the reason why I didn’t buy it back then because of no subtitles which of course Ubisoft realized their mistake of not adding it on first AC game and added subtitles to AC2 and sequels.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 30 October 18 at 19:38
Yeah, I put subtitles on everything, even in my native tongue... movies and TV shows are especially bad with the mixing... you have the protagonist mumbling and the music going on full blast in the background... it looks like they're doing it on purpose at times laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.