Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Hasbro Family Game Night Xbox LIVE Sale [UPDATED]

• JayourJayour910,005
    Posted on 30 June 11 at 22:47
    doowylloH said:
    Ummm... they ARE all on a disc.
    Heck, just walk into any Wal-mart or what have you.
    No they're not all on the disc! I know because I have the disc and I'm looking at it right now, the only games that come on the disc are;

Battleship
    Connect 4
    Yahtzee
    Boggle
    Sorry!
    Sorry! Sliders

Which means if you want all of the games achievements you'll need to buy; Connect 4x4, Jenga, Pitureka and Scrabble as DLC for the game as none of them come on any discs. On top of that Scrabble is only available in the NTSC region as Hasbro don't own the licence for that board game anywhere outside of the U.S.

Oh and don't bother making an American account for it because it also only works on NTSC Xbox 360's. If you download it from the American marketplace and try to play it, it simply will not work as the game is region locked.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty632,211
    Posted on 30 June 11 at 23:43
    Christian Doe said:
    Seriously, who on earth plays Connect 4 in 2011?
    Maybe people who get sick of playing generic space/war shooters all the time?
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 00:05
    Jayour said:
    Which means if you want all of the games achievements you'll need to buy; Connect 4x4, Jenga, Pitureka and Scrabble as DLC for the game as none of them come on any discs.
    Scrabble is on the disc in the US.
    Grr. Argh.
  • AtlantisRhythmAtlantisRhythm1,013,833
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 00:26
    I rented and maxed out the disc. Can I download the client and DLC? Will it work without the disc? Obviously not Scrabble though, pissed off it's included in the achievement list for EU version but unplayable.
  • RabbsRabbs498,269
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 00:45
    AtlantisRhythm said:
    I rented and maxed out the disc. Can I download the client and DLC? Will it work without the disc?
    Yep. That's what I've done, works fine.

Jayour said:
    Oh and don't bother making an American account for it because it also only works on NTSC Xbox 360's. If you download it from the American marketplace and try to play it, it simply will not work as the game is region locked.
    Was wondering why PAL gamers hadn't tried this, nearly did it myself. Didn't realise it was region locked.
    Twitter.com/RabbsVK
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 11 at 00:58
    So what disc is Scrabble on and is it region free as well?
    Do it!!!
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 01:43
    DA CYBER ZOMBIE said:
    Think i might get one or two if these, didn't bother last time they were half price
    I didn't buy it last time either, not sure if I should buy them this time around either.
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 02:30
    I only need Connect 4x4 so this is great.
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 02:50
    Christian Doe said:
    TA-people. Of course.
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498451,768
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 04:31
    Christian Doe said:
    Well, since my 10 yr old love it, we do. All of these games are excellent family games, children's games, or party games. I can not promote the Hasbro games enough to families looking for a fun alternative to board games. They are virtually the same thing, except each one has it's own little different version of the game and little animations to go with it. Really a fantastic family game (both of them along with all of the DLC). My son can not wait until Family Game Night 4 comes out soon.
  • spletchiespletchie610,094
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 04:52
    Christian Doe said:
    I found Connect 4 to actually be one of the better "board game to video game" conversions. I always play my DS version when I have a few minutes to kill (against the AI with Power Chips "on").

Although I have to agree that 800msp is way to high a regular price for any of these and it's too bad that they don't all have consistent modes (not being able to play against an AI in Boggle or Scrabble is a missed opportunity, especially when you can do so in PC versions of the stand-alone games).
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o581,278
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 09:23
    I'll probably pick up Jenga and Pictureka which means I'll only have Scrabble left. Gonna have to find a way around this one, I'm sure I can get someone in America to download my tag and play it for me for a nice stash of MS Points - yes, I'm looking at you RK1 Kl0ndyk3...
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 09:27
    i got these same price back near x-mas......good price - but in the UK version - theres no scrabble???? but scrabble cheevo are there on the list - grrrrr.....
    GT: Mike United 007
  • CamTheeGamerCamTheeGamer1,008,314
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 15:32
    troyoy said:
    What a rape! Put em all on 1 disc if you want me to buy them.
    Exactly what I was thinking. laugh
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland1,505,764
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 22:56
    Pretty sure all the games are one sale. Including "Scrabble", "Sorry!" and "Sorry! Sliders"
  • punkyliarpunkyliar214,812
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 23:16
    NBA Kirkland said:
    Pretty sure all the games are one sale. Including "Scrabble", "Sorry!" and "Sorry! Sliders"
    They weren't when the post was written. I'll update it now.
  • Stupid DexStupid Dex219,858
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 23:30
    PunkyLiar said:
    NBA Kirkland said:
    They weren't when the post was written. I'll update it now.
    They weren't last night, but they are now. I just got Sorry Sliders for 400, when last night/this morning it said 800
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 23:37
    So... is there ANY possible way to get the achievements for scrabble in scandinavia?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 11 at 23:41
    DTI April said:
    I'll probably pick up Jenga and Pictureka which means I'll only have Scrabble left. Gonna have to find a way around this one, I'm sure I can get someone in America to download my tag and play it for me for a nice stash of MS Points - yes, I'm looking at you RK1 Kl0ndyk3...
    You need to have a American console too to play it. cry

Kinda sucks that it only lasts to 4th July no time to order some points :( and instant points are more cry
    grfdgfd
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,075,561
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 23:53
    I was just thinking about this the other day since I have the disc without the other 3 games. I didn't really want to pay $30 to finish it, but I can stomach $15. :-D

Oh, the things we do for points. I'm sure I'll 100% the game and never play these again...
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.