Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Hasbro Family Game Night Xbox LIVE Sale [UPDATED]

• Posted on 02 July 11 at 00:15
    Nuffzx said:
    Kinda sucks that it only lasts to 4th July no time to order some points :( and instant points are more cry
    On Amazon they're the same price. compute
    Grr. Argh.
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto146,554
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 00:55
    Christian Doe said:
    Seriously, who on earth plays Connect 4 in 2011?
    HAHAH! XD
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto146,554
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 00:56
    Jayour said:
    doowylloH said:
    Ummm... they ARE all on a disc.
    Heck, just walk into any Wal-mart or what have you.
    No they're not all on the disc! I know because I have the disc and I'm looking at it right now, the only games that come on the disc are;

Battleship
    Connect 4
    Yahtzee
    Boggle
    Sorry!
    Sorry! Sliders

Which means if you want all of the games achievements you'll need to buy; Connect 4x4, Jenga, Pitureka and Scrabble as DLC for the game as none of them come on any discs. On top of that Scrabble is only available in the NTSC region as Hasbro don't own the licence for that board game anywhere outside of the U.S.

Oh and don't bother making an American account for it because it also only works on NTSC Xbox 360's. If you download it from the American marketplace and try to play it, it simply will not work as the game is region locked.
    Thanks, I was gonna try and get Scrabble that way. Glad I didn't.
  • Shin GatsuraiShin Gatsurai1,130,587
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 01:23
    Fuggin' copyright issues man, what a joke. Scrabble on a video game system, that's another joke.
    http://www.playswap.eu/referral.asp?idr=532608232779
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o581,228
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 01:45, Edited on 02 July 11 at 01:45 by o SeduLOUs o
    Nuffzx said:
    You need to have a American console too to play it. cryDTI April said:
    I'm sure I can get someone in America to download my tag and play it for me for a nice stash of MS Points - yes, I'm looking at you RK1 Kl0ndyk3...
    hehe :D
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 01:47
    Christian Doe said:
    I'm pro at connect 4! Been playing that game professionally since the 4th grade smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 11 at 02:29
    Dlc is not region locked.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 02:40
    LOL, the first part after the edit it looks like you were apologizing =P
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,075,290
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 04:16
    Jayour said:
    doowylloH said:
    Ummm... they ARE all on a disc.
    Heck, just walk into any Wal-mart or what have you.
    No they're not all on the disc! I know because I have the disc and I'm looking at it right now, the only games that come on the disc are;

Battleship
    Connect 4
    Yahtzee
    Boggle
    Sorry!
    Sorry! Sliders

Which means if you want all of the games achievements you'll need to buy; Connect 4x4, Jenga, Pitureka and Scrabble as DLC for the game as none of them come on any discs. On top of that Scrabble is only available in the NTSC region as Hasbro don't own the licence for that board game anywhere outside of the U.S.

Oh and don't bother making an American account for it because it also only works on NTSC Xbox 360's. If you download it from the American marketplace and try to play it, it simply will not work as the game is region locked.
    It depends on the region. In the US, Scrabble does come on the disc. I'm sure that's what doowylloH was getting at.

Such a stupid thing. They even region locked the DLC. What a crock.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun275,440
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 05:02
    Just buy Comic Jumper for 400 points.

Why would anyone (who doesn't already own Comic Jumper) buy freaking Jenga over that game?

Comic Jumper at 5 bucks is one of the biggest deals XBLA has ever had. Such a good value.

It definitely makes $5 for any of these games seem like a rip-off in comparison. laugh
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 06:44, Edited on 02 July 11 at 06:45 by Chakaal Starr
    Hmm.. 4000 points on sale...

There has got to be a better way, 2800 card plus a 1400 point card in Canada are 60 dollars plus tax, so essentially a new retail title.

Are these different than what is on the retail disks of FGN and FGN3? I am wondering if I can get away with buying retail used to make it cheaper?

Edit: looks like someone answered part of my question above.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,401
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 07:25
    I'd hop on this if I hadn't already spent all my points on the Sonic series on the XBLA.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 07:54
    Will probably pick up a few this time. I only need Scrabble, Connect 4x4, Sorry, and Sorry Sliders. I don't know which ones to chose.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 10:12
    Christian Doe said:
    I had it on my iPhone and played a few times.. roll I don't know guess i was extremely bored lol
    !!.DA CYBER SQUAD.!!
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 12:31
    Nice deals. But don't have the game in the first place ;)
    CabbageWithPie
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 12:46
    Glad to see the entire Game Night pack is on sale now
  • kentgremlinkentgremlin243,961 243,961 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 13:22
    this game is annoying as i only need 1 achievement on pictureka and the whole scrabble. but being in the uk and scrabble is not available thats ruins the 100% for me
  • DoctorBest85DoctorBest85506,004
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 14:46
    I just bought connect4 and when i started the game all of the achievements unlocked. somebody else has the same issue????
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 11 at 15:59
    DTI April said:
    Nuffzx said:
    I'm sure I can get someone in America to download my tag and play it for me for a nice stash of MS Points - yes, I'm looking at you RK1 Kl0ndyk3...
    Ohh, wink smile
    grfdgfd
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 11 at 16:41
    Nuffzx said:
    DTI April said:
    Nuffzx said:
    Ohh, wink smile
    That ... Iz Epic WIN!!! Now all I need to do iz a contact in USA!! ... Crap! facepalm
    Do it!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.