Game Discussion: Dante's Inferno

Question!

• LavindatharLavindathar1,975,706
    Posted on 30 June 11 at 15:28, Edited on 30 June 11 at 15:45 by Lavindathar
    I bought Dante's Inferno and was planning to start it tonight.

I was talking to a friend, and he said about Absolving/Punishing the tortured souls. I already knew about this, as I had seen the achiements for being top levels in each tree.

However, he said that the souls have a description of their crime, and I can then decide whether to absolve/punish them based on how serious I thought the crime was.

Now, can i play through the game making decisions based on the crimes, so sometimes I absolve and sometimes I punish and still earn the top level achievments?

Or do I basically need two seperate playthroughts either absolving everyone one time, and punishing everyone the other?

If its the latter, I'll have to do that. But I'd like to be able to mix and match and make decisions based on what they have done rather than just be forced into doing all one or the other just for the achievments.

I also noticed there are two achievments for absolving certain people, but none for punishing people?

And does it make a difference which playthrough I go for first? Or what would you recomend?
  • albajosalbajos1,474,211
    Posted on 30 June 11 at 16:40
    You can also do this against normal enemies, so they should be enough to max out all. As long you remember to do it before they're dead. There are even extra features with respawning waves of enemies, so you should have many possibilities to do this.
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:09
    you will most likely need 2 playthroughs in order to max out the holy and unholy path, so I would go with 1 playthrough where you only absolve and then another where you only punish.
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
  • Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:35
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    you will most likely need 2 playthroughs in order to max out the holy and unholy path, so I would go with 1 playthrough where you only absolve and then another where you only punish.
    Yeah, it's difficult to max them both out. I finished with a maxed holy, and unholy at level 4.
    This is my signature.....
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 12:51
    Ok, guess I'll do that. Kind of a case where an achievment ruins a playthrough, but still.

I'd much rather Absolve/Punish as I see fit and not have the consequence of not earning an achievement.
  • GGstuffGGstuff69,334
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 14:53, Edited on 01 July 11 at 14:57 by GGstuff
    Lavindathar said:
    Ok, guess I'll do that. Kind of a case where an achievment ruins a playthrough, but still.

I'd much rather Absolve/Punish as I see fit and not have the consequence of not earning an achievement.
    do whatever you want in the first playthrough! your experience carrie over to another playthrough. just try and even it up with your second run (you will need a 2nd run anyway). luckily theres no difficulty related cheevos so 2nd playthrough on easy with good unlocks will take 3-4 hours at most, its super easy. also if you want to get the most out of the game you might want to leave collectables etc. till 2nd playthrough. although that will mean less XP for levelling

also, focusing on only absolving or punishing on one playthrough will mean that one of your attacks (holy/absolving is ranged, unholy/punishing is melee) will be really weak and crap towards the end. you'll want to try and keep it even-ish.

i went along with the rule: if it tries to kill me, its getting punished. if it doesnt, it gets saved

for reference, when you unlock the ability to auto-absolve, unless you are terrible at the little minigame it wont give you anywhere near the same amount of holy XP. so always absolve manually if you're levelling up
    Ignore me!
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 15:23
    Oh, so my absolve/punish skill levels/exp or whatever will carry through to the next playthrough?

So even if I get to say 70% holy /65% unholy that carries over to 2nd playthrough, and then I can hit 100% on each?
  • GGstuffGGstuff69,334
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 16:46
    yeah, thats what i was trying to say lol.

everything carries over like your combos and magic, so you can do a 2nd playthrough much quicker and get your XP finished off (it took me till the 2nd to last mission on the 2nd playthrough to max out)
    Ignore me!
    Posted on 01 July 11 at 17:22
    Sweet, so I can play the first run exactly how I want then, I'll get the achievments on the 2nd run :D

Perfect reply bud, thanks!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads