Game Discussion: Hasbro Family Game Night

Hasbro Family Game Night Channel

• newanttnewantt22,638
    Posted on 07 January 09 at 03:30, Edited on 05 March 09 at 22:04 by newantt
    EA & Hasbro will be releasing the Hasbro Family Game Night Channel onto XBLA this spring.

All games will feature both original and new ways to play, including a Party Mode that features multiple mini-game versions of each title. Additional customization features will allow players to earn virtual trophies, furniture and themes to decorate their personal virtual game rooms. The Hasbro Family Game Night lineup will take full advantage of Xbox LIVE community features such as online play, Achievements, the ability to launch new games without leaving the environment, and sharing customized space with friends

The EA Hasbro virtual game closet is slated to open in Spring 2009 with multiple games followed by additional releases throughout the year.

The Games to be available in March 18th:
    Scrabble
    Connect Four
    Yahtzee
    Battleship

Price: 800 Microsoft Points each

Games to be available later in the year:
    Boggle
    Sorry!
    Sorry! Sliders

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/hasbrofamilygamenightxbla/
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph795,308
    Posted on 07 January 09 at 07:14
    Scrabble may be fun, but the rest of them I just can't imagine playing in the virtual world.
    - TA Clan (US Admin #2) - Yeah... sure... I'm a gay robot.
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,025,762
    Posted on 07 January 09 at 10:44
    Yea. I agree with Seraphim completely
  • Posted on 07 January 09 at 15:37
    Yahtzee sounds fun, might buy it :p
  • MinPinMinPin322,469
    Posted on 07 January 09 at 18:21
    i love battleship, and having played knockoffs online, can say it's just as fun that way. of the others, Yahtzee's the only one I might pick up...depends on the price.
    [insert pithy comment here]
  • Posted on 09 January 09 at 15:49
    Yeah, Battleship is fun in real life, but on the Xbox 360? No thank you :p
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph795,308
    Posted on 09 January 09 at 19:36
    StoodBridge said:
    Yeah, Battleship is fun in real life, but on the Xbox 360? No thank you :p
    My thoughts exactly.
    - TA Clan (US Admin #2) - Why does magic smell like bacon?
  • Posted on 10 January 09 at 07:11
    I saw screenshots for Trivial pursuit today on ign. So that and Scrabble are games that the gf will play with me (mostly because she knows that she can/will win).
  • Posted on 10 January 09 at 09:28
    If it's cheap, I can see playing this with the family on a Monday night :D
    360Voice.com Community Expert | RK1Gaming.net Elder Member | TA Solution-Writing Addict & Helper
  • zigs00zigs00210,142
    Posted on 10 January 09 at 19:20
    Boggle and Yahtzee ftw!
    roboplegic wrongcock
  • Botafogo007Botafogo007613,376
    Posted on 10 January 09 at 20:15
    This is what they should have done with Monopoly instead of that overpriced retail title. Personally I'm looking forward to Yahtzee and maybe Scrabble - we'll see about the others. I can see playing Connect Four with my kids.
  • Posted on 11 January 09 at 00:27
    Yahtzee would be cool, probably on the same XBLA terms as Uno, as in becoming quite addictive while up at 2:30am.
    Can anyone explain to me what 'Sorry!' is please?
    ToDo List Progress: Big 'Ol Pile Of Wins (GH3) - 164/500 That's What Friends Are For (GH3) - 15/30
  • newanttnewantt22,638
    Posted on 19 February 09 at 19:41
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    Yahtzee would be cool, probably on the same XBLA terms as Uno, as in becoming quite addictive while up at 2:30am.
    Can anyone explain to me what 'Sorry!' is please?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorry!_(game)

Basically, you have a certain number of colored pawns you are trying to go around the board. Once you get them all around once you win. The hard part is everyone else is also moving and if they land on you, you have to go back to where you started, as a result, "Sorry!" angry

I hate/like the game. I remember playing it in elementary school alot.

Anyways, Hasbro Family Game Night is now rated on esrb. Its E for Everyone.
  • Posted on 20 February 09 at 00:49
    Eh, it could be interesting...or it could be a complete flop depending on the pricing.
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108314,043
    Posted on 21 February 09 at 23:59
    Could be fun online with some friends late at night.
  • zigs00zigs00210,142
    Posted on 22 February 09 at 00:10
    dudecrazy108 said:
    20 bucks says there won't be any online play at all.
    [/sarcasm]
    Posted on 22 February 09 at 00:19
    zigs00 said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    20 bucks says there won't be any online play at all.
    It says up in the first post that it will take full control of xbox live features like online play and achievements.
  • newanttnewantt22,638
    Posted on 26 February 09 at 04:18
    Battleship, Connect Four, Scrabble and Yahtzee will be getting released sometime in March for 800 Microsoft Points each.
  • SSG MontySSG Monty334,278
    Posted on 27 February 09 at 00:49
    I'm looking forward to Scrabble. I love word games and the offerings on XBLA so far have not lived up to expectations (Merv Griffin's Crosswords & Word Puzzle). Yet I'm hopeful about Scrabble because the game itself is just great, and there's not too many ways I can imagine messing it up.

Here's looking forward to triple word scoring QUIXOTRY on some unsuspecting 12 year old!
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/SSG+Monty.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/images/image.aspx?gamerid=18603[/img][/url]
    Posted on 27 February 09 at 02:31
    newantt said:
    Battleship, Connect Four, Scrabble and Yahtzee will be getting released sometime in March for 800 Microsoft Points each.
    Or you could just buy the game and have them plus more. I mean 800 points is $10.00 so $40.00 for the 4 or just buy the full disc game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.