Game Discussion: Hasbro Family Game Night

Hasbro Family Game Night Channel

• Posted on 27 February 09 at 04:28
    Are they releasing it via retail? I thought this was only on XBLA?
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
  • newanttnewantt22,638
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 27 February 09 at 12:10
    knight0fkh0nshu said:
    I'm pretty sure they released the game retail for the Wii. Seen it in a few shops recently.
    [/sarcasm]
  • newanttnewantt22,638
    Posted on 27 February 09 at 15:10
    zigs00 said:
    knight0fkh0nshu said:
    I'm pretty sure they released the game retail for the Wii. Seen it in a few shops recently.
    Oh yeah, ha, totally forgot about the Wii :P
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 12:04
    I don't wanna sound like a know-it-all, but i believe i was right xD
    Achievements have been put up on x360a: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/family-game-night/ac...

and 1, it looks a retail game. and 2, doesn't sound like there's any online play. and also that it has 1400 gamerscore, which all sounds pretty easy to get
    Games included; Boggle, Connect 4, Sorry!, Sorry! Sliders, Yahtzee, Battleships, and Scrabble (only in NA & English it says, not quite sure what that's meant to mean).

but maybe i've misunderstood.. maybe it's not retail actually. or maybe it'll be retail and on XBLA. or maybe they're all seperate games, but will combine on the achievements list. 7 XBLA titles, each with 200G each, culminating in a 1400G compilation.
    But then if they're 800MSP each, that'll be $70, or £47.60 for them all.. which sounds pricy.
    [/sarcasm]
  • SuraphSuraph198,980
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 13:34, Edited on 03 March 09 at 13:37 by Suraph
    800 points for any of these is a bit much, but if they do release a compilation pack to stores that might be worth picking up after some price drops.

And "Available only in North America and English" means exactly that :P It won't be released outside US and Canada, and won't be available in Spanish or French Canadian (or whatever other crazy languages we have floating around). Probably too much work to include multiple dictionaries ;)
    Always up for some co-op
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 15:26
    Suraph said:
    800 points for any of these is a bit much, but if they do release a compilation pack to stores that might be worth picking up after some price drops.

And "Available only in North America and English" means exactly that :P It won't be released outside US and Canada, and won't be available in Spanish or French Canadian (or whatever other crazy languages we have floating around). Probably too much work to include multiple dictionaries ;)
    no, i mean the sentence is fragmented. Is it implying that it's only available in English, and only in North America? Or is it implying English-speaking countries, or a typo of England (or UK). Because the sentence doesn't read properly, it's meaning isn't clear enough.
    [/sarcasm]
  • SuraphSuraph198,980
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 17:35
    It could be a typo of England, but I find it far more likely that it means simply that there is no Spanish/Japanese/whatever version of Scrabble available.
    Always up for some co-op
  • MinPinMinPin322,467
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 17:44
    It means North America only, because Hasbro only owns the rights to Scrabble in NA. Which sucks if you live elsewhere. I think Mattel owns it in the rest of the world, therefore it won't be available. There have been issues regarding this with some sites which offer online official Scrabble.
    I would think there would have to be online play for some of the titles at least, though. How can you play Battleship locally with only one screen? One of the acheives is "Win one game of Battleship against a friend," so do you just promise not to look when your friend's ships are showing?
    [insert pithy comment here]
  • Posted on 03 March 09 at 17:57
    Why the flange would anyone pay to get these!? You can play them for free with someone at home or free on the internet.

I expect they will be easy points and that maybe their selling point.
    I used to be indecisive but now i just dont know....
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108313,880
    Posted on 03 March 09 at 21:59
    Just found out from X360a that the game has 70 achievements worth 1400 points.
  • Posted on 03 March 09 at 23:31
    It kinda stinks that they are all going to use the same achievemnt list. I know my gf will buy Scrabble, but I don't know that we will buy any of the others unless they come in a bundle.
  • AerodynamoAerodynamo164,512
    Posted on 04 March 09 at 04:52
    GameTagwastaken said:
    I saw screenshots for Trivial pursuit today on ign. So that and Scrabble are games that the gf will play with me (mostly because she knows that she can/will win).
    Trivial Pursuit will be its own game, I thought?

I agree about the gf thing. It is hard to find games my gf and I can play together, but definitely things I look for... In fact, hm... Ideas are striking me right now!

List of 360 Games for Couples to Play Together
    Currently Playing: Too Many Games
    Posted on 04 March 09 at 22:02
    No I do know they are thinking about it so maybe in the future it could be a game or a arcade game by itself but for now its on the disc.
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 04 March 09 at 23:06, Edited on 04 March 09 at 23:07 by zigs00
    according to x360gay said:
    The Hasbro Family Game Night destination on Xbox LIVE Arcade will house a collection of 7 different arcade games, each with 200 gamerscore points. There are 10 achievements and 200 gamerscore points per game for a total of 1400 gamerscore points and 70 Achievements across all 7 games.

In mid-March EA is launching four of the seven announced titles: SCRABBLE (North America only), BATTLESHIP, CONNECT FOUR and YAHTZEE. BOGGLE, SORRY! and SORRY! Sliders will be releasing the coming months. The games will be sold individually for 800 Microsoft points.
    Over priced tosh!

What an absolute scam! should totally just be a retail disc.
    [/sarcasm]
  • Posted on 04 March 09 at 23:11
    But if they are being released as an arcade game surely it should have 12 achievements each?
    I used to be indecisive but now i just dont know....
  • Posted on 05 March 09 at 01:50
    I don't know...that doesn't make sense. Not to mention the 2 secret achievements...how's that going to work?
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
    Posted on 05 March 09 at 03:14
    Family Game Night Achievements Explained
    Written Wednesday, March 04, 2009 by James Parkin

On Monday we relased the achievemnts for Family Game Night by EA, but some people were a little confused as there were seven different titles for 1400 gamerpoints. A bit odd as seeing no games release with 1400 points.

We contacted EA and received the following information.

The Hasbro Family Game Night destination on Xbox LIVE Arcade will house a collection of 7 different arcade games, each with 200 gamerscore points. There are 10 achievements and 200 gamerscore points per game for a total of 1400 gamerscore points and 70 Achievements across all 7 games.

In mid-March EA is launching four of the seven announced titles: SCRABBLE (North America only), BATTLESHIP, CONNECT FOUR and YAHTZEE. BOGGLE, SORRY! and SORRY! Sliders will be releasing the coming months. The games will be sold individually for 800 Microsoft points.

So hopefully that clears the air a little.

That was what was released on x360a earlier today from EA.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2322-Family-Gam...
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 05 March 09 at 13:05
    eegads dudecrazy! read the topic before posting!
    twice now you've posted stuff from x360a that i already said a few posts before!
    [/sarcasm]
  • newanttnewantt22,638
    Posted on 05 March 09 at 22:04
    The games are coming out March 18th. It will be the first release out of the Days of Arcade promotion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.