Game Discussion: Hasbro Family Game Night

Hasbro Family Game Night Channel

• Posted on 05 March 09 at 22:53
    zigs00 said:
    eegads dudecrazy! read the topic before posting!
    twice now you've posted stuff from x360a that i already said a few posts before!
    I was just thinking that I saw that up there, because I about posted the same thing yesterday, lol.
    "A wise man searches not for answers, but more questions."
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108314,043
    Posted on 05 March 09 at 23:31
    zigs00 said:
    eegads dudecrazy! read the topic before posting!
    twice now you've posted stuff from x360a that i already said a few posts before!
    Whoa Zigs I am really sorry man.

Now that you say it I did remember reading it and it just not clicking into my head. I am sorry if I did that to you once or twice. I will check more clearly now before I post.

It was late and I had taken some night time cold medicine so I was kinda loopy and tired so my bad.

Sorry Zigs!
  • zigs00zigs00210,142
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 00:01
    dudecrazy108 said:
    Whoa Zigs I am really sorry man.

Now that you say it I did remember reading it and it just not clicking into my head. I am sorry if I did that to you once or twice. I will check more clearly now before I post.

It was late and I had taken some night time cold medicine so I was kinda loopy and tired so my bad.

Sorry Zigs!
    dude i was joking ;D it didn't mean to sound like i was having a go or anything, and there's no need for you to apologise. was just pointing out y'know?
    and it was just funny that it happened both times in this topic, heh. but it's really not a big deal.

i love how your gt is dudecrazy by the way, cos then when i say "dude" it works on two levels and it makes me chuckle. Also makes me feel like a loser for making myself laugh, but nonetheless.
    [/sarcasm]
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 00:34
    Oh its not problem zigs I just didnt want to get on your bad side as you are one of my favorite guys on here. Hey hit me up with a FR on live even though I am grounded still.

And yea the dude works like that all the time. Wait till we play on live and you go oh dude where you at in a room full of people and you hear my voice when everyone thinks your talking to them. Its quite funny and i make myself laugh all the time.
  • Mr J1mMr J1m418,768
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 11:48
    I can't be the only one thinking that at 800 Microsoft points each makes these more expensive than actually buying the board games.

On the upside at least my young son won't be able to eat the battleships on XBLA. He did a great job of chewing up the board game ones!
  • Posted on 06 March 09 at 12:29
    Lol....now that is funny and another great reason why we need board games on XBLA :)
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB201,942
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 17:05, Edited on 06 March 09 at 17:06 by SebastianSB
    I might get Scrabble...$10 seems like kind of a rip off for board game ports, though. Especially considering they're releasing so many at once. There's a lot of market for cheap games on XBLA that people already recognize so it just seems smarter to me to sell them for 400 points.

At least Spyglass Board Games had 4 games in it.
    Save a Life...Shoot a heart donor.
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 22:37
    Yea 800 points a game is bad. I mean Uno is 400 and look how popular that is.
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo170,828
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 23:50
    Each of these games is, for all intents and purposes, its own Live Arcade title. Purchased separately, 200 gamerscore each, all with online play, etc. And these all sound like games that would be a blast to play with friends on Live. UNO has taught us that real-life card and board games can translate quite well to the online world. Not to mention, because of the new channel feature, each game will also have a bunch of nifty dashboard customization features. Sure, those extra features may not be your cup of tea, and you may never even give a crap about them. But still better to have the features available for those who do enjoy them.

It's not like the games cost more money because of the new features, either. Microsoft has been all about higher prices this past year, so we knew these games were going to cost 800. Doesn't seem like anything in the world was gonna change that price point. They know these games have HUGE appeal for families, so price gouging was inevitable. I kind of wish they were 400 myself, because that would influence me to get them sooner (and more of them overall). Being 800, I dunno, I may have to wait and see. With so many games coming out at 1200 nowadays, my Microsoft points are more precious than ever. -_-;;
    Posted on 06 March 09 at 23:59
    Nice post ShinUkyo. I do agree as I see that it is aimed at familys more. Also with 1200 MSP games out alot now I can see why 800 isnt so bad. But still we all wish they were 400.
  • Posted on 07 March 09 at 01:37
    I didn't realize that there was such strategy to Connect Four until my father-in-law pointed it out to me. Of course...the last time I played that was like in 5th grade, lol...
  • Posted on 15 March 09 at 15:05
    I'm excited for these games. A little pricey, but I have faith they will be fun.
  • Posted on 15 March 09 at 16:29
    I'll probably end up getting Scrabble, Connect Four, & Battleship....I'm not that interested in Sorry!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 October 09 at 15:39
    Connect four and Battleship was pretty good. Nov 3rd they are putting out the whole Family game night on disc for 39.99 if you don't know. That is what I have been waiting on since I played the trail's few months ago.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB201,942
    Posted on 07 October 09 at 16:08
    Still a total rip off, though. You've been able to get the same thing on PS2 for only $20 for ages now cry
    your DOES NOT MEAN you are
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 09 at 17:54
    Yes it is a total rip off but that's the way it is for years now. That's why I watch Ebay and Amazon for all my stuff.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 09 at 18:21
    Just wait a few months and it'll go down in price. Finally give my son the chance to play Sorry! for more than 5 turns :)
    Posted on 08 October 09 at 21:34
    Yea Ill end up just renting it or waiting till I can get it for like 10.00 used.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.