Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,777
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 15:07
    Quest for the Horcruxes

EABrightlight have released a trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1. Harry, Ron and Hermione are on the trail of a Horcrux locket, one of several Horcruxes that they need to gather to reunite Voldemort's divided soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4mWWHTs4UY&feature=playe...

The game will support Kinect, which will enable you to cast spells using arm movements. There will also be co-op play, allowing you to go through the campaign alongside a friend.

Edit

I've added gameplay footage as requested. This is footage using Kinect (be warned, the commentary can get irritating), credit to SebastianSB for finding this for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hEyI5XM3WI

This is gameplay using a joypad. It's not the same section of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbQ3ZaUH6k

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 will be out on November 16.
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 15:08
    harry potter never has never will intrest me
  • HucBerCranPerryHucBerCranPerry1,161,132
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 15:12
    hopefully the kinect thing for this game works out cuz im not interested in this game just from looking at the trailer.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB202,396
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 15:22
    I've wanted to look forward to this game. I figured that the change in setting would be a great chance to improve the series, but the animations in that trailer were pretty terrible and the entire thing was just boring.
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=1576
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 15:33
    My girlfriend wants this. Can we get a little gameplay footage?
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB202,396
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 16:08
    I've edited the article to include the gameplay footage
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108333,550
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 16:25
    It doesnt look that bad. Will rent it.
    Furious Gunman:Let's face it, we all know that dudecrazy108 is the pimp of TA.com
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 16:27
    Meh not overly excited but will probably rent it to see what its like
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 10 at 18:49
    looks really good, bt not my kinda game.
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 19:30
    do u have to hve kinect to play it just cuz the game supports it?
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 19:46
    You don't have to have Kinect to play it. It will still work with an ordinary joypad. However, if you want the full gamerscore you're going to need Kinect.
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 20:19
    PunkyLiar said:
    You don't have to have Kinect to play it. It will still work with an ordinary joypad. However, if you want the full gamerscore you're going to need Kinect.
    Thats bullcrap, not everyone has Kinect and if you want the completion you have to get it? Hopefully I can find one of my friends that owns it but very unlikely...
    Everything good in life is illegal.
  • Posted on 12 November 10 at 21:42
    Still not seeing the Kinect being used in the game....
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,836
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 04:33
    That looks extremely boring and repetitive.
  • IUSF89IUSF8932,779
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 06:55
    I feel like the Harry Potter series should have been done in the form of..maybe..Heavy Rain? They don't stay true to almost any parts of the books/movies. As annoying as the stupid guy was, it was essentially just a Harry Potter shooter, and you could tell the spokesman was irritated at him for pointing it out. Not all games need to be shooters..

I feel this entire series could have caught the attention of a little bit older audience if they made the game focus more on content and story progression rather than trying to make it something it's not.
  • MC HemmerMC Hemmer103,606
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 19:15
    that looked... really bad
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 10 at 19:24
    I never seen kinect being used at all in the kinect trailer?
    Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 10 at 20:01
    The gfx look lovely in the trailer nd the game play looks pretty cool too.

I haven't played a harry potter game since the ps2 but being a fan of the films and by the looks of this game i might just get it :)

And yeah your correct about the commentating being annoying, who the heck is that idiot dressed in an army suite what a prat lol
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:34
    Lt CarpettMunch said:
    I never seen kinect being used at all in the kinect trailer?
    There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing Kinect been used at the same time as showing the gameplay. Unfortunately because of some copyright conflicts, I can't post the majority of them on this website. The only other one that I would be able to post has mismatched the sound and video; the sound plays a full second ahead.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.