Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DMC: Devil May Cry TGS 2011 Trailer

• fakethieffakethief45,748
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 17:40, Edited on 16 September 11 at 17:45 by fakethief
    Darken81 said:
    Still.. Dante without white hair... facepalm
    Did you expect them to change that? Even a massive and I mean massive negative feedback all around internet from many many gamers and DMC fans didn't do anything. If you want Dante with white hair you have to keep playing older DMC games, sorry friend. They won't change that because they think it's gonna be good. Well good luck Ninja Theory (I mean seriously good luck but you have dissapointed many DMC fans).
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 17:40
    every trailer looks better and better smile
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 17:58
    Can't wait for this one! Dante is my favorite game character ever! Old version and new one, I don't really care. He's still a bad ass with 2 guns and a sword!
    I aim to misbehave!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 11 at 18:07
    Darken81 said:
    Still.. Dante without white hair... facepalm
    If you didn't notice, the New Dante changes into the older version (devil form?), I'm taking this as a prequel where he is even younger than DMC3 Dante, I'm sure Capcom won't let Ninja Theory take a really cool character and end up changing everything about him and not change him back to good old Dante at the end.
  • NINja277NINja277494,713
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 20:30
    Still amazed at how DMC fans are a bunch of fashion queens... OMG NO WHITE HAIRZ I CANT PLAY THIS!!! LOL
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 20:41, Edited on 16 September 11 at 21:04 by fakethief
    ninja277 said:
    Still amazed at how DMC fans are a bunch of fashion queens... OMG NO WHITE HAIRZ I CANT PLAY THIS!!! LOL
    It's not just his hair. It's his personality as well. I loved old funny,classy,cocky,non-smoking, pizza eating Dante and this one from what I've seen so far from trailers seems to be some kind of psycho. But I can see one positive thing about him. His face changed a lot from last DMC Gamescom trailer. It doesn't look like tragedy anymore but still it's not on old Dante level.
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 20:46
    ninja277 said:
    haha I agree. seems wrong doesn't it? you would think that they would care more about how much ass he kicks than his hair color.
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 20:47
    ninja277 said:
    Thank you. It is ridiculous. I know Devil May Cry was born from a Resident Evil that was "cool" or whatever but I never realized that Mikami meant it was supposed to be so metrosexual.

It does not matter if this game turns out amazing...Dante isn't sexy enough.
    Real-time...weapon change?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 11 at 20:50
    Same with me, I'm upset with the fact he smokes in this game.. like he doesn't even seem to be as smart talking.. guess he is REALLY young in this game, I really do hope we see him transforming from this Dante into Old Dante in this game's story, but since its made by Ninja Theory, if it doesn't go that way, I can just say its not part of the original story, its not only the appearance we're complaining about, its the character too.
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 21:11
    TakahashiDemon said:
    Same with me, I'm upset with the fact he smokes in this game.. like he doesn't even seem to be as smart talking.. guess he is REALLY young in this game, I really do hope we see him transforming from this Dante into Old Dante in this game's story, but since its made by Ninja Theory, if it doesn't go that way, I can just say its not part of the original story, its not only the appearance we're complaining about, its the character too.
    Why would smoking upset you? I mean if he was blowing it in your face in a restaurant in real life, I'd understand, especially considering how many places are trying to ban smoking. And what does smart talking mean?

This has nothing to do with the original story. It is like Rob Zombie's Halloween. It's a re-imagining or reboot whatever you want to call it, not a sequel/prequel/remake. And majority of the complaints are fashion related. It doesn't matter what Ninja Theory does the "hardcore" fans are going to bash this regardless. Even when they may not have facts straight it's their duty to do so, and then do this warning
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven620,902
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 21:33
    haha... comparing this to Rob Zombie's Halloween isn't exactly making me wanna run out and buy this.

But, I see your point. Both suck, and ruin the spirit of the original. Transformers, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, every other horror remake that has come out in the last 10 years.

Ninja Theory = Bargain Bin. Just as Enslaved, he will tell you.

Oh, I hear you saying "But ultra Seven, I liked Enslaved" .... my answer "No, you didn't"
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 21:45
    Well I wholeheartedly disagree with the Rob Zombie comments. I never said it sucked and don't think it ruined anything, but that is neither here nor there. The only comparison was that it wasn't a sequel or remake.

Just curious. How does Ninja Theory = Bargain Bin? They have what a couple releases and as far as I remember were well received by critics. While that doesn't mean a whole lot, Ultra Seven's "review" means even less.
  • TheGuruGodTheGuruGod230,268
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 21:56
    I wish they would have called this something different. I'd rather hear people whining that it was ripping off Devil May Cry than hear them whining about his hair color.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm (hopefully) gonna enjoy the hell out of this game when it comes out.
    Hi floor! Make me a sammich!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 11 at 22:03
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Posted on 16 September 11 at 22:35
    Smart Talking: Dante standing in front of a giant 3 headed dog, telling he'll take it a walk, in a way, I guess you can call it trash talking.

OMG I remember this scene with three headed dog. 'You know in the dog show,you'd definately take the first place' or 'Come on puppy, lets go' were probably the funniest quotes in whole DMC series. Good times.
  • Posted on 16 September 11 at 23:37
    TakahashiDemon said:
    Because the original Dante didn't smoke, and I like non-smoking characters okay? Doesn't matter if they blow smoke in my face, I just dislike it ingeneral.
    Smart Talking: Dante standing in front of a giant 3 headed dog, telling he'll take it a walk, in a way, I guess you can call it trash talking.
    I'm not pissed off by the fashion related thing as I know he transforms into his old form in game, its just the character personality change that gets me, and I heard it was a prequel back when it was announced.
    Well again this isn't the 'original' Dante. If seeing characters on screen smoke bothers you thats fine. Just such a strange thing to complain about, but whatever.

By smart talking I'm guessing you are talking about the use of puns. Just as the opinions of Zombie's Halloween differ, same can be said of finding humor in them. Those were some of my least favorite lines. Just as the puns made all Freddy Krueger's appearences in the sequels just waiting for the next silly play on words of how the next teenager is going to die.

If there isn't a single pun in this game I'll be perfectly fine with that.
  • Posted on 17 September 11 at 01:09
    its not the dmc i know, but who cares? if its hack'n'slash then ill always pick it up... unless they made a dmc strategy or racing game... like other popular games have done.
  • OdinHawkeOdinHawke233,643
    Posted on 17 September 11 at 05:04
    Liking the look of this a little more, glad they've cleaned up the character to look less like a emo thug. I'm keeping my eye on this one.

Also, for the ones saying they'll be sticking to the originals, keep in mind that an article a few weeks back mentioned the HD collection. By what I know it hasn't been confirmed yet, but lets face it; when it shows up on the ESRB site thats pretty much a given. I'll be getting both that and this as in general I just enjoy the series, whether or not I agree with the characters new look. ^_^
  • Posted on 17 September 11 at 05:12
    I'm pretty sure this IS supposed to be a prequel, maybe giving some sot of insight into Dante before he knew he was the Son of Sparda or something, but regardless, it is Dante and as long as he can still seamlessly stream combos together, then this should be an entertaining game regardless... Just be happy that it's impossible to be Bulletwitch bad...
  • Posted on 17 September 11 at 06:16
    Kid Icarus said:
    I'm pretty sure this IS supposed to be a prequel, maybe giving some sot of insight into Dante before he knew he was the Son of Sparda or something, but regardless, it is Dante and as long as he can still seamlessly stream combos together, then this should be an entertaining game regardless... Just be happy that it's impossible to be Bulletwitch bad...
    It's weird. It seems like there are tons of people claiming this is in fact a prequel. I can't seem to find anything official about it. Just a lot of people who think they are in the know making contradicting announcements on behalf of Ninja Theory.

There was even one post that was kind of funny on Siliconera. They started off stating it is in fact canon then linked to an actual blog with the headline "Re-imagining Dante..."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads