Game Discussion: Homefront

Recommend?

• FruitLoops87FruitLoops87125,995
    Posted on 29 May 11 at 22:24
    I find the reviews and the ratings sometimes don't paint the true picture, so I figured I'd try here. I was wondering if you all out there would or wouldn't reommend Homefront? Specifically, I was wondering how the multiplayer works...Is it broken? I've heard examples of some people having their stats/ranks reset. Also, wondering how the online community is. Hoping it's not a bunch of cheating/glitching "noobs" like on Call of Duty and Halo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Legit SpamLegit Spam563,967
    Posted on 30 May 11 at 01:47
    I've not played it but just buy browsing threads on here and 360a.org you'll see that it's a buggy/glitched mess. Your gonna get equal amounts of praise & hatred. You gotta decide if your want to risk the mess it could be in hopes of finding enjoyment. Your odds based on what I read are about 40% that you won't have a messed up game!. I've been wanting to try it but just like New Vegas, I will not spend a dime on it until it's fixed:( I can deal with hard games & long grindy ones but broken games are not acceptable.
    Golf & cigars are my happy place!
    Posted on 30 May 11 at 02:42
    Thanks, I totally agree as that's my dilemma too. The premise for Homefront looks great, I just wanted to make sure I could connect for the MP. I had the same issue with New Vegas too, I want to buy it but it only costs $17.50 in stores for a reason!
  • HiradCHiradC351,808
    Posted on 30 May 11 at 09:19
    Personally I'm enjoying the multiplayer. It's a lot like bad company 2 but for vehicles etc you buy them with points (which carry through deaths). There aren't a great number of levels, but they are decent sized. Not seen any glitches, the servers had problems originally but that's because it's a small company that didn't forsee the sheer number of players that were going to buy it, has definitely improved. There isn't a great level of customization, weapons are unlocked at different levels and the attachments are unlocked at x number of kills. Overall I would definitely say give it a try

-now the haters turn :)
    take me seriously at your own risk
  • imnotGEOFFimnotGEOFF756,170
    Posted on 30 May 11 at 13:08
    i'd get it,the latest patch fixed the lag,joining with parties,rank resets and they even threw in a couple of new infantry abilities,go read my thread for all the fixes.The maps in Ground Control are quite a decent size so theres lots of room for flanking,the weapons are nicely balanced,as for the the vehicles everyone of them has a counter so you should never get too messed up by them.It should be quite cheap now aswell.The most important thing about this game is you really need to HELP YOUR TEAM,So cap objectives,take out drones,armour,helo's, because i guarantee that you will have stupid campers on your team that wont,so it means more points for you.
  • Glorious WiuGlorious Wiu146,933
    Posted on 30 May 11 at 17:38
    In my opinion it's well worth getting. Single player was a real challenge (for me at least) on the hardest difficulty. Multiplayer, whilst there are a few issues, nothing that makes it unplayable. I preferred Homefront multiplayer than CoD by far.
  • Posted on 30 May 11 at 19:22
    Ups And Downs

++Single Player++
    -Very Short
    -7 Levels
    -Good Plot
    -Bad Ending
    -Leaves you with un answered Questions

++ Multiplayer++
    -Very Few Weapons To Choose From
    - Only 2 Snipers
    - Only 1 Shotgun and you gotta download it
    - Last Time i checked 2 Sub Machine Guns
    - Last Time i Checked 4 Assault Rifles
    - You Get Vehicles (Helicopters,Humvee's, Armored Vehicles)

++Game Overall++
    - Kinda Bad Graphics makes me think of borderlands but Worse
    - 3 Difficulties For story mode
    - No Lag
    - Alot of people play At All times
    ~ Thats They Way The Cooki3 Crumbles ~
  • ddog578ddog578105,477
    Posted on 01 June 11 at 19:14
    ^ 4 Difficulties for campaign, not 3 :P
    Posted on 01 June 11 at 19:41
    This is awesome and way better than crappy reviews you read online. Thanks all, I will be picking this up shortly :)
  • DilhackDilhack117,760
    Posted on 27 June 11 at 14:11
    Gameplay is just as good as any other shooter. Campaign is short, but good. Multiplayer is fantastic, although on occasion the server has fits.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads