Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Confirms Their 2011-2012 Release Schedule

• anthony2690anthony26901,031,919
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 03:49
    i'd like shinobi x, burning rangers, panzer dragoon 1 to saga, shenmue 1 n 2, jsr, jsrf, crazy taxi 2, shining wisdom, shining force 3 and many many more sega saturn/dreamcast games
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 11 at 04:01, Edited on 02 July 11 at 04:09 by
    Anavryn said:
    bluphraust said:
    Still waiting then, on Alex Kidd, Wonderboy and the Phantasy Stars. (The REAL Phantasy Star, not that online shyte.)
    There is Phantasy Star II on XBLAso I'll assume you mean Phantasy Star IV; the greatest Sega system RPG of all time.

Of course I have PS II, I am talking about where are I, III, and IV?
    IV is completely friggin awesome, but II stole my heart long, long ago.

And yeah, wtf is the Shining Force series?
    While you're at it SEGA, give me an updated Dragon Force and Dark Wizard too please. clap
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. A te io sono un maledetto dio.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 05:16
    No word on any more Sonic 4 episodes?
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 06:08
    SEGA used to mean something...
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM90,645
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 06:55
    That's pretty disappointing for their entire 2011-2012. I was hoping for a Sonic 4: Episode 2.
  • CatstrutCatstrut86,899
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 07:41
    Yea where's the next Sonic 4 episode??? It's gonna look pretty dumb if "Sonic 4: Episode 1" is the only one!

And what about that other game from Sega called Binary Domain. That actually caught my interest a bit when I saw the trailer. Looked like it would be pretty good.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke428,487
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 08:02
    For all those who are wanting to know, Sonic 4 Episode 2 has been in development for some time, it was announced a while ago, just not on this site, give it time, it'll be known to the world soon enough.
    Reputation comes from the company you keep.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 12:37
    Just interested in Anarchy Reigns
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 12:53
    Acceleretto said:
    What a pathetic list of games. No Sonic 4 episode 2 then? Must've flopped. This company deserves to go bust, I mean really, that is an absolutely awful list of games
    This.

Also, Space Channel 5 Part 2 XBLA? Where are you?
    Bass Fishing as well, not that I care about that.
    Guess I'll have to wait for that disc to get down to $10...
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 12:55
    RuukuSukotto said:
    For all those who are wanting to know, Sonic 4 Episode 2 has been in development for some time, it was announced a while ago, just not on this site, give it time, it'll be known to the world soon enough.
    If it's gonna be 2+ years between episodes...[insert VALVe reference here].
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite4,101,369
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 14:51
    And So, Sonic 4 Episode 2 is....where?
  • AnavrynAnavryn660,175
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 14:56
    bluphraust said:

While you're at it SEGA, give me an updated Dragon Force and Dark Wizard too please. clap
    I don't think I've ever played PS 1, but 3 was interesting with the whole generation system. And I would kill to play an XBLA version of Dragon Force and Dark Wizard! I thought I was the only one to ever play Dark wizard to be honest haha. That game was amazing minus the battle scenes (which I was quite happy you could turn off). It also had one of the best soundtracks ever in a game!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 11 at 16:18
    Anavryn said:
    bluphraust said:

I don't think I've ever played PS 1, but 3 was interesting with the whole generation system. And I would kill to play an XBLA version of Dragon Force and Dark Wizard! I thought I was the only one to ever play Dark wizard to be honest haha. That game was amazing minus the battle scenes (which I was quite happy you could turn off). It also had one of the best soundtracks ever in a game!
    I love Dark Wizard so much I had to emulate it so I could play it again.
    And it's great all the years later having a guide to pick up all the secret items and characters that I didn't know about as a kid.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. A te io sono un maledetto dio.
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo187,552
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 18:15
    For those wondering about their Live Arcade titles, keep in mind this list only includes retail releases. We have Guardian Heroes coming later this summer, and they've stated that Sonic 4: Episode II is still in development. I can't imagine we won't see more random ports for Live Arcade, too. They just didn't see fit to include the format in this particular forecast.

neondeception said:
    That lineup reminds me why they don't make systems anymore.
    This looks nothing like their lineup of ten years ago. Back in the Dreamcast days, they were making some of the best games on the market. Even to this day, there are loads more games I loved for Dreamcast than there were for PS2. As long as I don't count Bemani music games, as those just pad the PS2 numbers. But since those didn't come out in US/EU, very few on here will have any idea what I'm talking about.

Either way, Sega's console failures were due to marketing and competition issues. Their games were just fine back then. I agree that this 2011 release list looks somewhat weak, but again most of these are developed by other companies and simply being published by Sega. Speaking of that, as mentioned above, where is Binary Domain? That's one of their published titles that I'm most looking forward to.
  • StarSolidusStarSolidus220,468
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 18:54
    Cougar24 said:
    No Shenmue on XBLA? Booo
    +1000000
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 19:11
    bluphraust said:
    Still waiting then, on Alex Kidd, Wonderboy and the Phantasy Stars. (The REAL Phantasy Star, not that online shyte.)
    Alex Kidd, god, I was about three years old when my parents got the sega with that game on it xD We never completed it, but I always enjoyed it! The funny part is.. my name is actually Alex, so maybe I'm named after that.. Nah xD

Anarchy Reigns looks ok I guess, Rise of Nightmares too, but I'm not going to get Kinect for now.
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 19:46
    Captain America pleaseand thank you.
  • GirthshakesGirthshakes478,099
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 21:16
    Can someone explain me to why Shenmue is so hyped? I never owned a dreamcast.....
  • LanDiLanDi407,512
    Posted on 02 July 11 at 21:48
    Kind of a disappointing list, I'm sure this isn't the full release calender though surely, just a few they care to mention right now. Out of them, I've only heard or am interested in Sonic Generations. Given the last two Sonic games, I'm a bit cautious about that title even.

Sega have such a great back-catalogue, I'm surprised they don't exploit it more. Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Shining series, Burning Rangers, NiGHTS, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon..

But most of all Shenmue, come on Sega!!
  • Posted on 02 July 11 at 22:21
    Probably gonna be shit

Shovelware

Rehash

Might be cool. Looks promising

On the fence. I think the AvP IP is past its prime (Inb4 "Hurrrrr, ders no preadturs" I know)

lol NOPE

My thoughts, anyway. 2/5. Nothing exciting but there's some potential

Also, I'll reiterate what some people have already said. WHERE THE HELL IS A NEW JET SET RADIO, SEGA, YOU BLIND IDIOTS
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.