Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Confirms Their 2011-2012 Release Schedule

• LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,343,936
    Posted on 03 July 11 at 01:41
    Anarchy Reigns is the only thing I'm interested in...hopefully it's good.
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • Posted on 03 July 11 at 12:56
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    Can someone explain me to why Shenmue is so hyped? I never owned a dreamcast.....
    No.
    I do own a Dreamcast and Shenmue and I have no idea. I've never been able to bear playing it for long.
    It's essentially a lite version of Virtua Fighter where you rarely fight and you have to earn all your special moves.
    But mostly you wander around awkwardly "conversing" with people who tell you nothing useful.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 July 11 at 22:38
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    It's essentially a lite version of Virtua Fighter where you rarely fight and you have to earn all your special moves.
    But mostly you wander around awkwardly "conversing" with people who tell you nothing useful.
    Nothing personal against you but that is the worst descrption of Shenmue I've ever heard!

Your right that there is a connection with Virtua Fighter but Shenmue is a story driven RPG with a lot of freedom wich happens to have a fighting system inspired by VF. After all both VF and Shenmue are from the same man - Yu Suzuki.

The game was groundbraking in every aspect when it came out. Production cost, graphics, musical score, scale of dubbing, level of freedom, level of details in the enviroments, amount of npcs, real time day to night transitions, real time weather, QTE action scenes... I could go on.

The standards have grown in the 12 years since it's release but it still holds up quite well to the games today and it has it's well deserved special place in the history of games. The sequel wich is a direct continuation of the story and gameplay delivers an even more amazing experience and to me is still the best game ever made.

Shenmue is just something special that you have to have played. I still hope they bring Shenmue and Shenmue II to XBLA at some point. Sega promised to give us a wide selection of Dreamcast games on XBLA and these games deserve a rerelease more than anything else. And yes, I'm still waiting for Shenmue III.

Going back to the topic... I have to agree that the list is pretty weak and the only thing thats interesting is Sonic Generations. The material shown so far and the demo a very solid but it still needs some tweaks in the controlls. I hope they do the same as they did with Sonic 4 and use the receptions to the demo and leaked material to change things for the better before they release it.
  • Posted on 04 July 11 at 01:39
    FreakerDelle said:
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    Nothing personal against you but that is the worst descrption of Shenmue I've ever heard!

Your right that there is a connection with Virtua Fighter but Shenmue is a story driven RPG with a lot of freedom wich happens to have a fighting system inspired by VF. After all both VF and Shenmue are from the same man - Yu Suzuki.
    During that time period I was an RPG fiend, both JRPG and PC-style. I know an RPG when I see one. Shenmue was more of a fighter that wanted to be an RPG but failed on both counts, IMO. Bad fighter because there was hardly any fighting. Bad RPG because it was utterly directionless ("freedom") with pathetic interactions.

Obviously we have two very different opinions of the game, but you can't say I gave a poor description!
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge235,036
    Posted on 04 July 11 at 05:05
    Still waiting on a port of Revenge of Shinobi, but due to the licensing issues I don't see that happening anytime soon.

II 9572AD II said:
    Acceleretto said:
    What a pathetic list of games. No Sonic 4 episode 2 then? Must've flopped. This company deserves to go bust, I mean really, that is an absolutely awful list of games
    This.

Also, Space Channel 5 Part 2 XBLA? Where are you?
    Bass Fishing as well, not that I care about that.
    Guess I'll have to wait for that disc to get down to $10...
    I bought mine used at Gamestop for $6.99 when it was on sale, totally worth it.

DaBlackAlbino said:
    Can someone explain me to why Shenmue is so hyped? I never owned a dreamcast.....
    It did so much for the time it was released. The world was completely open and interactive (Or as much as it could on the Dreamcast), the story was something completely different, the graphics and facial animations were extraordinary (Again for the time) and it introduced a new method of gameplay (Quick time events).

The game wasn't for everybody, and if you went back today and played it you mind not find it appealing at first sight (Given the abundance of similar if not better games out there). However, if you can appreciate older games for what they were then I definitely suggest finding a way to play it in the near future.
  • Golgo28Golgo28199,860
    Posted on 04 July 11 at 07:01
    There you go ladies and gents.Sega's 2011-2012 craptacular parade of garbage.
    It's all the small things,that add up to the truely great things.
  • Chief On KushChief On Kush1,974,328
    Posted on 04 July 11 at 09:11
    Where is Sonic's UGC 2?
    First in the world to complete Super Mario Brothers 3
  • AvataAvata330,137
    Posted on 02 December 11 at 13:26, Edited on 02 December 11 at 13:29 by Avata
    Should this be back on the front page?

EDIT: Scratch that. Fixed.
    Nothing to see/hear. Just blogging my own business :)
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 06:48
    DunderMifflin83 said:
    may get 1 or 2...MAY
    wont get 1 or 2 WONT!!!
    2012 my year of completion!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.