Game Discussion: Doritos Crash Course Forum

Doritos Crash Course Japan 4 in 1:40.

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 December 10 at 18:41, Edited on 11 December 10 at 20:13 by
Doritos Crash CourseSore wa kantan desuThe Sore wa kantan desu achievement in Doritos Crash Course worth 27 pointsFinish Japan level 4 with a time of 1:40 or better

requires you to pass level Japan 4 in under 1 minute 40 seconds. It is one of the two hardest achievements in the game and makes you think you should be unlocking an achievement with a similar name as
Game RoomMy Blisters have Blisters!The My Blisters have Blisters! achievement in Game Room worth 28 pointsPlay a game for 1 hour continuously
Some great video guides have been posted here on TA, if you click the achievement title.

So I am wondering what's your top time in Japan 4? Have any tips or tricks?

My current top time is 1:56facepalm
EDIT 1: My current top time is 1:50angry
EDIT 2: My current top time is 1:42cry
EDIT 3: My current top time is 1:34.484headspin

Current TA Leader: UlteriorDesert in 1:27.601toast
Current Game Leaderboard Leader: green tea 360 in 1:18.550shock
Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
Jetva
Jetva
Posted on 11 December 10 at 18:57
I got 1:38

Although there are many, many videos on this, if you don't feel like watching someone else do it, you just need to take risks to shorten your time - if you see a possible jump, go for it. Just before the wheel when you're on the moving platform, at the second half run across the top of the level and you'll cut about 10 - 15 seconds off your usual time. That's what helped me get it atleast.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 11 December 10 at 19:03
1:35 after two hours. Watched the video in the solution, which helped.
VP of PR - GSSP.
UlteriorDesert
Posted on 11 December 10 at 19:24
1:28 after about one hour, it was the jutting out platforms(the part where you can jump across) that helped me get it.
No online game is "n00bish, you just suck, doesn't matter if it's Halo,COD or GOW.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 December 10 at 19:50, Edited on 11 December 10 at 20:08 by
Just completed it finnaly after a hour and a half. My top 3 things are:
1. Get past the beginning(don't try and rush it you'll have to restart and restart and RESTART!)
2. With the platforms that glow green, don't wait untill the last one to jump. Jump off the 6th or 7th platform to glow green.
3. At the part with the balls, don't just duck on the moving platform, run across the top from ledge to ledge.

I beat Japan 4 in 1:34.4841 toast

EDIT: I have now included a leaderboard for the game as I can check scores within the game's leaderboards.
Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
Unnamed Saint
Unnamed Saint
Posted on 12 December 10 at 07:37, Edited on 12 December 10 at 07:38 by Unnamed Saint
I got it in 1:37. I watched a guide on youtube and helped me get it on my 3rd try.
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 12 December 10 at 16:16
UlteriorDesert said:
1:28 after about one hour, it was the jutting out platforms(the part where you can jump across) that helped me get it.
Damn, I got 1:29.884
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
SecondHeartbeat
Posted on 12 December 10 at 16:23
My time was 1:38. Easy level overall, but I did struggle a bit with the wheel at the end.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 December 10 at 18:53
Once you watch the youtube vids on it, its kinda easy to emulate. Wish I had watched it an hour or two before my struggle for it lol.
[Last Maxed Retail Game: Fable 3] - [Last Maxed Arcade Game: Crash Course]
LAFTA
LAFTA
Posted on 12 December 10 at 21:00
The whole game is a lot easier than people where making out at first..
www.youtube.com/LAFTA
ddgv
Posted on 12 December 10 at 22:58
When you compare it to harm's way achievements....it is hard...yeah.
LAFTA
LAFTA
Posted on 13 December 10 at 12:20
ddgv said:
When you compare it to harm's way achievements....it is hard...yeah.
Harms way is ridiculously easy though so...
www.youtube.com/LAFTA
ddgv
Posted on 13 December 10 at 18:12
Dude, my feelings were hurt when I saw the achievement list for Harm's way.....I was hoping it would be fun and give me something to do....every achieement in that game is a joke.....I was disappointed.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 December 10 at 05:02
Can anyone beat UlteriorDesert's time of 1:27.601?

ddgv said:
Dude, my feelings were hurt when I saw the achievement list for Harm's way.....I was hoping it would be fun and give me something to do....every achieement in that game is a joke.....I was disappointed.
Ya played Harm's Way for about ten minutes for the achievements and another 20 to check out multiplayer which was broken, and haven;t turned it on since. Crash Course however makes you replay for the achievements and both local and LIVE multplayer are awesome. Really enjoiying Crash Course.
Das Kuhnen
Das Kuhnen
Posted on 14 December 10 at 18:54
Think I'm late 1:30's... Figuring out the short cuts in this level are the key. If you use them, you can afford a fall or two later on.
For the Rum and the Cheese!
Xynvincible
Xynvincible
Posted on 16 December 10 at 04:23
1:39:360. It was beautiful. Yeah, so I'm not the fastest, but to barely squeak by and reference the 360 while I'm at it? Yes.
Bishy UK
Bishy UK
Posted on 02 January 11 at 20:22
It took me many frustrating attempts to do it, thought I was going to do it once, and I clocked 1:41. Was gutted.

Can do it easy enough now!
Shemp Howard
Shemp Howard
Posted on 08 January 11 at 17:51
I have been working on all golds on this game. I have been trying to just get gold on whatever course I am working on before I move on to the next. I have not watched any video guides yet, but intend to do so since I am now on the Japan levels. Took me about 2-3 hours over the course of three nights to beat Europe level 5. If you can adjust to the patterns of each section you should be able to eventually get all golds and all the other achievements in this game.
The Great Legend Shemp Howard
LAFTA
LAFTA
Posted on 08 January 11 at 19:35
Japan is no harder than Europe 5 imo Shemp..
www.youtube.com/LAFTA
Shemp Howard
Shemp Howard
Posted on 09 January 11 at 19:46
Cool! Hopefully I can get those done when I get bored. Good game just been playing other games lately.
The Great Legend Shemp Howard
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.