Game Info Submission: Gears of War (PC) Forum

Board where Game Info Submissions are auto-posted. You cannot start threads in this board - please use the Game Info submission button under the Game Image on the Game Page

Gears of War (PC) - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Gears of War (PC)

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 20 May 12 at 15:44
https://www.trueachievements.com/DarkxMaterials.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for https://www.trueachievements.com/Gears-of-War-Windows-x....htm:

DarkxMaterials said:
Gears of War (PC)Don't You Die On MeThe Don't You Die On Me achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 42 pointsRevive a teammate in 100 multiplayer (Player or Ranked) matches of 3+ rounds

3+ Players Required, you can do it in priviate matches but you need at least one player on each side to start the match and a teammate to revive.

Gears of War (PC)Seriously ...The Seriously ... achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 201 pointsKill 10,000 people in versus ranked match total

3+ Players Required, need 6 to start a ranked match

Will072
Posted on 20 May 12 at 17:00
Those flags have been added along with 3+ for the other achievements that need to be done in ranked matches. Thanks for your submission.
Information Posted on 26 May 12 at 18:06
Bolch has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for https://www.trueachievements.com/Gears-of-War-Windows-x....htm:

Bolch said:
Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 1 on CasualThe Completed Act 1 on Casual achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 12 pointsComplete Act 1 on Casual Difficulty

Too many of these to tick, but all of Gears PC needs reviewing as it appears every achievement has Online Required, when intact only about 10/12 do

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 May 12 at 02:48
This used to be true, however the validation bug has been fixed for ages now so offline/online will suffice. I would ask for confirmation on the Dom based achievements as GFWL games are rarely split screen enabled due to having 2 controll shemes for a single player.
Hi i'm Terre. I break things.
Bolch
Bolch
Posted on 27 May 12 at 13:58
Theres no local split screen on the PC that I can find
Will072
Posted on 27 May 12 at 14:26
What was the issue that caused them all to be flagged as online only previously?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 May 12 at 16:15, Edited on 27 May 12 at 16:22 by
Will072 said:
What was the issue that caused them all to be flagged as online only previously?
There was a game verification error where the digital certifcate expired. Thus making the game unplayabe. The work around at the time was for you to change the date back to before it was expired, and then play the game online. If you disconnected it would fail verificaion and kick you out.

This was patched by a client update in February 2009.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 01 June 12 at 03:13
Bumping this just to inform that the Dom achievements still need to be flagged as online only as per response by the op to my post.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 14 June 12 at 07:17, Edited on 16 June 12 at 12:00 by Epsilon Theta
None of the ones you mentioned need to be flagged Online Required. It has come to our attention that you can play offline. As soon as you are online the achievements are timestamped. That is what supposedly causes the confusion.

Thank you for your submission but we have to reject it!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 June 12 at 14:32, Edited on 14 June 12 at 14:38 by
You can play as Dom offline in a GFWL game that has no local co-op...

Sure... why not.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 16 June 12 at 01:39, Edited on 16 June 12 at 01:39 by Ahayzo
TerreDactyl said:
You can play as Dom offline in a GFWL game that has no local co-op...

Sure... why not.
It's my understanding that you can play Co-op over LAN. Similar to why games like Saints Row don't have Online Required for co-op achievements, since you can do them in System Link.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 June 12 at 09:46, Edited on 16 June 12 at 09:46 by
You know will072 updated it and ET didn't change any flag right?

System link isn't incorperated into GFWL games, also i have this game and know there's not possible way to get the achievements legitmately offline, as there's only online Co-op.
Bolch
Bolch
Posted on 16 June 12 at 11:22
You can play LAN co-op on Gears on the PC, but you have to be signed into Live to access it.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 June 12 at 12:00
Bolch said:
You can play LAN co-op on Gears on the PC, but you have to be signed into Live to access it.
Hence why i said only online Co-op.
Bolch
Bolch
Posted on 16 June 12 at 12:06
I know I'm on your side, but you also said system link isn't included, maybe not under that name.

alklein92201 is right you can do co-op over lan, you're right you have to be signed into live. The Dom co-op achievements should be tagged Online Required

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 June 12 at 12:14, Edited on 16 June 12 at 12:18 by
I'll post now to stop confussion. The flags have remained online only for the Dom ones, after informing will a while ago. ET's reply is to your original submission bolch but it's not in need of fixing so no more discussion is needed.
Information Posted on 10 May 17 at 10:23
Sabin VI has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears of War (PC) Achievements:

Sabin VI said:
Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 1 on InsaneThe Completed Act 1 on Insane achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 64 pointsComplete Act 1 on Insane Difficulty

same as commando

Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 2 on InsaneThe Completed Act 2 on Insane achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 69 pointsComplete Act 2 on Insane Difficulty

same as commando

Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 3 on InsaneThe Completed Act 3 on Insane achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 74 pointsComplete Act 3 on Insane Difficulty

same as commando

Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 4 on InsaneThe Completed Act 4 on Insane achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 76 pointsComplete Act 4 on Insane Difficulty

same as commando

Gears of War (PC)Completed Act 5 on InsaneThe Completed Act 5 on Insane achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 80 pointsComplete Act 5 on Insane Difficulty

same as commando

Gears of War (PC)CommandoThe Commando achievement in Gears of War (PC) worth 81 pointsComplete all acts on Insane Difficulty

remove Multiple Playtroughs Required.

for the PC Version you can start a Campaign on Easy or Hardcore and change the Difficulty ingame using the Console Command SetDifficultyLevelHard this will change the Diffculty to INSANE and also Unlock the Achievement for Beating all the Chapters on Insane.

ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 10 May 17 at 12:14, Edited on 11 May 17 at 00:06 by ChinDocta
Thanks for the submission, Sabin VI. The only way, that the team is aware of, to access the console commands in Gears of War (PC) would be to edit a .ini file which is against the TA cheat policy (Cheat Policy). Is there another method to access the console that we are unaware of? If there is not then at this stage we won't be looking at adjusting the flags on these achievements.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 11 May 17 at 09:02, Edited on 11 May 17 at 09:02 by Sabin VI
ChinDocta said:
Thanks for the submission, Sabin VI. The only way, that the team is aware of, to access the console commands in Gears of War (PC) would be to edit a .ini file which is against the TA cheat policy (Cheat Policy). Is there another method to access the console that we are unaware of? If there is not then at this stage we won't be looking at adjusting the flags on these achievements.
If it is against TA's Cheating Policy then why is there a Solution for this?

Aldanga Gears of War (PC) Commando Aldanga's solution for the Commando Achievement in Gears of War (PC)Complete all acts on Insane Difficulty
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 11 May 17 at 09:26
The solution was brought to our attention with your submission and has been reported to the appropriate staff to deal with. Unfortunately staff can't check every single solution posted and depend on the community to raise issues like this to us.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.