Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Counts Down The Top Ten Defenders

• Posted on 20 August 12 at 17:50Permalink
    You've crash landed on Revis Island

If you've been following our https://www.trueachievements.com/Madden-NFL-13-xbox-360.htm coverage, you've already seen the reveals for the game's top ten quarterbacks, runningbacks, and receivers. Today Marshall Faulk and EA Sports have unveiled the top ten defensive players, and all the usual suspects are here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03rIqZgrSc

Once again I ask, did they get it right? Personally, I'd top the list with Patrick Willis, but his 98 rating is nothing to frown about anyways. What do you guys think? Madden NFL 13 kicks off another exciting year of all things NFL on next Tuesday, August 28th.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,038,582
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 17:57Permalink
    Actually, that's a pretty top-notch list. There isn't much separation from tenth to first, so you could put a lot of those wherever the Hell you wanted. I have to say that nobody impacts a game defensively quite like Revis. When I played fantasy football and knew that my stud WR was about to play the Jets, I knew he was in for a crappy outing if Revis was going to be paired against him.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:06Permalink
    I'd rather count down their top ten offenders. That being the last 10 years and the server closures that ensued.
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:08Permalink
    The Rottler said:
    I'd rather count down their top ten offenders. That being the last 10 years and the server closures that ensued.
    I've noticed you say something about server closures in literally every EA Sports (and maybe just EA in general) article on the site.
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:21Permalink
    ....so done with this franchise! sleep
    ^ this
  • OneEighthOneEighth336,272
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:28Permalink
    This is going to be the best Madden on the market since maybe PS2/Xbox days.
  • Bob101910Bob101910619,238
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:04Permalink
    Next time you watch a 49ers game, look for Willis. He will be at the ball on every defense tackle no matter where it is on the field.

Happy to see Justin Smith get the respect he deserves.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,038,582
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:17Permalink
    BOB101910 RFP said:
    Next time you watch a 49ers game, look for Willis. He will be at the ball on every defense tackle no matter where it is on the field.

I saw where Smith was pretty high on the Top 100 Players on NFL Network. But Willis is ungodly. He's been in the Pro Bowl every year!!!
  • PebsterPebster265,416
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:35Permalink
    Two 49ers on Defense!! woot. I'm sure Bowman is in the low 90's as well. NINERS!
  • BongoBongo1,459,057
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:36Permalink
    Its a shame that Daryl Smith didn't make the top 10. If he played for any other team, he would easily make this list.
  • Yo TylerYo Tyler104,679
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 20:46Permalink
    Ehh, really not a fan of Troy Polamalu still being regarded so highly. I realize he's not playing this year, but I'd replace him with Suggs, and swap Mario Williams (he missed the majority of last season) for JPP or Clay Matthews.

Glad to see Revis and Justin Smith get their credit though, the two best defensive players in the league last year imo.
  • mfbhrtsmfbhrts87,663
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 21:49Permalink
    Good list. However, I'm of the belief that Patrick Willis is not only the best defensive player in the NFL, but the best player overall. I'm a Bengals fan by the way, so no fanism here. :-)
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 00:10Permalink
    Nice list !!!
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 01:28Permalink
    I wouldn't have put Revis that high, maybe 2 or 3, but still a solid list.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 08:48Permalink
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    I wouldn't have put Revis that high, maybe 2 or 3, but still a solid list.
    Revis is very over rated!

Bet he has a shit year.... Mark my words.
    GO HERE TO SEE HOW MUCH MORE TAX YOU WILL PAY UNDER ROMNEY http://www.barackobama.com/tax-calculator
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 08:50Permalink
    BOB101910 RFP said:

Next time I watch a 49rs game...... Never. Lol.
    GO HERE TO SEE HOW MUCH MORE TAX YOU WILL PAY UNDER ROMNEY http://www.barackobama.com/tax-calculator
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 August 12 at 14:19Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    The Rottler said:
    I've noticed you say something about server closures in literally every EA Sports (and maybe just EA in general) article on the site.
    very observant! what can I say, I am way late to the Xbox scene and wont have the chance to go for:
    Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06Aren't You Sick of This Yet?The Aren't You Sick of This Yet? achievement in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 worth 1636 pointsCompete in 1,000 online matches

as well as countless others. Doesn't seem fair to me despite buying the games for around $5, so I will continue to complain! :) I do try and at least be a little original with my posts tho, rather than just saying "bah server closure" over and over
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 15:47Permalink
    Let's go Bucs laugh

I downloaded the demo and it is interesting. And 'since the 2K5 have not played in more NFL .. good times those of 2k ... was pure NFL. But this year I take Madden .. I too want to play in NFL
    = Tampa Bay =
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 15:50Permalink
    the psychopa7h said:
    Let's go Bucs
    I like how you think
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Posted on 21 August 12 at 18:10Permalink
    I don't think mario williams deserves on the list...also won't be picking this one up because they keep doing these online cheevo's that are super hard to get because everyone just rage quits
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.