Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Counts Down The Top Ten Defenders

• I MonoTom II MonoTom I130,302
    Posted on 21 August 12 at 18:19Permalink
    WTF!! not 1 new york giant player. best pass rushers in the league and they are not in the list. i call bullshit
    monotom
  • Seraf 04Seraf 04125,656
    Posted on 22 August 12 at 06:03Permalink
    Actually, I feel like this list is pretty accurate. Willis didn't actually have the greatest stats last year (20th in tackles, tied for 80th in sacks, only 1 interception... he was tied for 3rd for most fumbles, and tied for 10th in fumble recoveries), and even if you say stats don't show his production, they still show he wasn't at the top statistically. He can cause turnovers, which is important, but all-around, I'd say he's actually probably a little overrated.

Revis's matchup rarely sees many targets, so his numbers are lower than what they would be considering production per times targeted (Willis can't say the same thing). Ware had great production too, and I'd probably have Allen at 3 for similar reasons.
  • SanadaSanada662,232
    Posted on 23 August 12 at 17:29Permalink
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    the psychopa7h said:
    Let's go Bucs
    I like how you think
    I respect your dedication, especially as a Bills fan. laugh

Personal favorites from that list being Willis, Mario Williams, Jared Allen and of course Revis Island. All of these players well deserve their rankings, and just from the demo and achievement list I can tell this Madden will be worth picking up.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • BeachemBeachem275,864
    Posted on 23 August 12 at 18:50Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    The Rottler said:
    I'd rather count down their top ten offenders. That being the last 10 years and the server closures that ensued.
    I've noticed you say something about server closures in literally every EA Sports (and maybe just EA in general) article on the site.
    I get a kick out of them though lol. Some of his posts have been hilarious.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Posted on 25 August 12 at 04:16Permalink
    So did anyone else notice the fact that the NFL Defensive player of the year Terrell Suggs wasn't even on the list? Granted he's injured right now and might not be back for a few weeks, but still, he's better than the overrated Revis...IMO.
  • SanadaSanada662,232
    Posted on 25 August 12 at 22:41Permalink
    A Silent Circus said:
    So did anyone else notice the fact that the NFL Defensive player of the year Terrell Suggs wasn't even on the list? Granted he's injured right now and might not be back for a few weeks, but still, he's better than the overrated Revis...IMO.
    I would say his injury plays a role...though I wouldn't say Revis is overrated. Granted they say he's lockdown and NOBODY can get by him which is a bit much but he's definitely something special.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.