Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fable: The Journey Demo Ventures To Xbox Soon

• Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:06
    About a month away

If you're looking forward to Kinect and the newest Fable game ahead of its October release date, you'll be able to play it soon. Lionhead Studios and Microsoft announced that https://www.trueachievements.com/Fable-The-Journey-xbox....htm will release a playable demo via the dashboard next month, on September 17th. There's not yet any word on what exactly the demo will contain, but perhaps as a tip of the hat to their former hyperbolic studio leader, Lionhead referred to it as "heart-pounding action".

Look for the full game to be released a few weeks after the demo drops, on October 9th.
  • Mr XBobMr XBob464,146
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:08
    Can't wait, seriously. I don't understand the hate behind this game. Too many butthurt fans I guess. Oh well, more for me!
    www.MrXBob.co.uk
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:09
    i want this but borderlands 2 won't let me have it
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:15
    I'm not a hater, but I'm certainly on the fence. The demo should be able to sway me in some sort of direction.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:31, Edited on 20 August 12 at 18:44 by
    I thought Fable II and Fable III were both good games worth playing. I never played the first but aparantly that's great too. This looks completely different and I'm not sure I like it, we'll see.
    Oddworld X
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:39, Edited on 20 August 12 at 18:39 by Big Dibs theDog
    I just must must have this
    oh wait
    no
    I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye.
    Unarmed & Dangerous
  • BroaBroa125,943
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 18:45
    I really wish they made this for non-Kinect users as well... I at least hope that they compensate non-Kinect users with a Fable HD remake.
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:05
    I won't be "kinnecting" with this or any other kinnect game for that matter... ever
  • DeathBomMB007DeathBomMB0071,492,382
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:10
    Big Dibs theDog said:
    I just must must have this
    oh wait
    no
    I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye.
    Think You would rather stick with Disney Bolt or Hannah Montanna!!!! laugh
    Be The Best OOOORRRAAAHHH!!
  • DeathBomMB007DeathBomMB0071,492,382
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:11
    blue silk said:
    I really wish they made this for non-Kinect users as well... I at least hope that they compensate non-Kinect users with a Fable HD remake.
    You can switch Kinect Off like most wtf!! u obviosly dont play kinect that often!!! Only the Kinect Labs I see !!
    Be The Best OOOORRRAAAHHH!!
  • alanp9alanp92,310,049
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:23
    BrumtownMangler said:
    I won't be "kinnecting" with this or any other kinnect game for that matter... ever
    Thanks for letting us know. wave
  • Papa El LoroPapa El Loro636,082
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:25
    Yeah!!!!!!
    When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:27
    BrumtownMangler said:
    And I doubt I will be playing the Wii U when it comes out, what's your point?
  • BroaBroa125,943
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:47, Edited on 20 August 12 at 19:51 by Broa
    DeathBomMB007 said:
    blue silk said:
    You can switch Kinect Off like most wtf!! u obviosly dont play kinect that often!!! Only the Kinect Labs I see !!
    You obviously have not fully mentally developed yet. You need to 1. Calm down. 2.It clearly says "Kinect Sensor Required" if you even did any research. 3. What do you mean most games you can play with a Kinect? You need to stop putting random "!" and getting mad at people when you obviously don't think things through.warning
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:51
    BrumtownMangler said:
    Says the dude with Kinect Fun Labs games on his profile. On another note learn to spell "Kinect correctly if you try to bash it or making such an utterly useless post.

OT: Anyway I'll be trying this out but not having high hopes for it since I had that with Fable III and I was kind of disappointed (cause of to high expectations), but you never know.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • BlinkFandangoIIBlinkFandangoII2,079,742
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 19:59
    I've been following Fable since it was Project Ego way back in the day. I'm tentatively excited for this. I like Kinect, but only Kinect Sports and Dance Central have been good so far (from what I've played).
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 12 at 20:05
    This game will be bad.
  • Posted on 20 August 12 at 20:15
    iBe Dalv said:
    This game will be bad.
    No doubt.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 August 12 at 20:20, Edited on 20 August 12 at 20:20 by
    Fable 2 and 3 were not horrible, just a little shallow. I enjoyed them both, but I also have a rule to equate personalities like Peter Molyneux to their spiritual predecessors the "Snake Oil Salesman" and "Carnival Barker".

I am mildly interested in this new one, but it will depend greatly on how well the Kinect decides to do. I've had good and bad experiences with both the good Kinect titles and the bad ones. Either way I am really glad that there will be a demo first.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,316,177
    Posted on 20 August 12 at 20:22
    HYPER TENSI0N said:
    I'm not a hater, but I'm certainly on the fence. The demo should be able to sway me in some sort of direction.
    This
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads