Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise Announced

• MatrarchMatrarch1,381,402
  • Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:45, Edited on 31 May 12 at 21:46 by anomalystic777
    I may be misremembering, but wasn't the retail release of this series really bad (especially multiplayer) and generally universally hated?
  • Pacer FamilyPacer Family251,443
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:46
    yes,it was really really bad
  • Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:48
    They should fix the glitch on the first one where you can't get the DLC achievements with the Gold Edition of the game.
    The only "B" word women should be called is beautiful.
  • DemonDuffehDemonDuffeh378,742
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:48
    i was looking forward to the original naughty bear but was then told by so many people how bad it was hopfully this will fix the main issues the first one had and i might finally get it
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,286
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:49
    I love it when critical and commercial flops get sequels, but fantastic games don't.

I don't really love it.

I hate it.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,286
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:50
    mast3r 0r0m1s said:
    They should fix the glitch on the first one where you can't get the DLC achievements with the Gold Edition of the game.
    They should fix the glitch on the first one where it sucked. Really bad.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • LolliZombiLolliZombi291,796
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:50
    anomalystic777 said:
    I may be misremembering, but wasn't the retail release of this series really bad (especially multiplayer) and generally universally hated?
    Hence the statement of getting a chance for redemption.

I am hoping they get it right this time, I thought it was a cool concept so was majorly bummed
  • wbswbs949,844
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:51
    Fuck Yes been waiting for this once of my favorite 360 games
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude717,406
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:51
    Given the retail release of this series, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm going to pass for now. It was pretty damned awful.
  • Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:52
    I maybe the only one but I liked it but im all for mindless violence even with Bears its a funny game maybe you lot were expecting something different but for me it was fun the whole way through
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning
  • wbswbs949,844
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 21:53
    Damn its an XBLA game that kinda pisses me off I want a full retail game
  • RIVE XNGLERIVE XNGLE292,964
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 22:03
    For a moment there, I thought this was more DLC... which kind of would have upset me since I no longer have the game.

I just hope this new game isn't more of the same. The first was both fun and funny, but a clone would be annoying.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 12 at 22:03
    wbs 101 said:
    wbs 101 said:
    I agree on both!

I loved naughty bear!!!

One of my fav games of not my fav!

Im so pumped for this.... Day one buy! I'd pay 3000 msp for it I swear to you.

Great job matrarch! This article kicks the crap out of joustiqs version.
    Thanks for the credit! :)
    2 jobs, 10 hour days, 6 days a week and I still destroy games.
  • wbswbs949,844
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 22:13, Edited on 31 May 12 at 22:22 by wbs
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    wbs 101 said:
    wbs 101 said:
    I agree on both!

I loved naughty bear!!!

One of my fav games of not my fav!

Im so pumped for this.... Day one buy! I'd pay 3000 msp for it I swear to you.

Great job matrarch! This article kicks the crap out of joustiqs version.
    Thanks for the credit! :)
    Agreed actually I would gladyly pay $100 for this game especially if I could get it sooner. I probably spent over 200 hours on this game played it 48 hours straight with no stops one time. I knew this game was in development but that was all that had been announced until now. They should have me beta test this for free and I will guarantee the game won't have any bad glitches like the last. The reason everyone hates it so much is because most people and all the reviews were before the patch when the multiplayer wouldn't work (I got about 1 match out of 20 to load and it was pretty laggy and broken when it did load) and the game would freeze a lot when switching between areas. I stuck with this game and they released a patch after a bit and it fixed these issues so I encourage all of you that had a bad experience to download the patch and revisit this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 12 at 22:17
    Mini ninjas and now this? Looks like Arcade is the way to go nowadays...
    My blog http://ranting347.wordpress.com/
  • Barad 007Barad 007809,537
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 23:04
    The last game was horrible.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • CASS190684CASS190684245,701
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 23:12
    DemonDuffeh said:
    i was looking forward to the original naughty bear but was then told by so many people how bad it was hopfully this will fix the main issues the first one had and i might finally get it
    Me too - I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64 and I guess I was hoping that Naughty Bear would be something kinda along those lines and I was really excited about it. Then I read/watched the reviews and it scored like 3/10, if that. So I never bothered.
    I'll be interested to see how this one turns out... Hopefully it gets better reviews than the last one! LOL.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 May 12 at 23:17
    I can honestly say I have never played another game like naughty bear. It is original and one of a kind.

I played the game post patch and had only one freeze, the thing that sucks is it froze as I hit #1 on the leaderboard..... I was pretty upset since I never came close to another top leaderboard spot again.

I think what happened was the unibear spawned and I killed him infront of many other bears...... MEGA POINTS!
    2 jobs, 10 hour days, 6 days a week and I still destroy games.
  • Posted on 01 June 12 at 00:06
    What's wrong with people these days?

Yes it looked rough, yes it only had one level, yes the music was the most demented shit I've ever heard.

But there is a brilliant game there, one of a kind.

It's a slasher film simulator basically, but with fluffy cute friendly bears.

And 'Boooooooo' is one of the greatest soundbites in history.

This is the kind of game that does deserve a sequel, far more than most.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.