Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wayne Gretzky Details Legends Mode in NHL 12

• litepinklitepink306,867
    Posted on 28 August 11 at 22:10
    The Great One discusses Be a Legend, All-Legends Team, Ultimate Team

Please click here to read the story: Wayne Gretzky Details Legends Mode in NHL 12

Credit goes to Hustlinonradio for this story
  • Posted on 28 August 11 at 22:36
    So excited for the Legends mode.
    Only fitting that the Great One describes it for us!
  • Posted on 28 August 11 at 22:51
    Looks and sounds really great so far but the achievements sound like theyll be a pain
  • ConverseConverse7,838
    Posted on 28 August 11 at 22:54
    CrankyBauer24 said:
    Looks and sounds really great so far but the achievements sound like theyll be a pain
    ugh, always are..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ImprezoGuides
  • Posted on 28 August 11 at 23:53
    lmprezo said:
    CrankyBauer24 said:
    ugh, always are..
    the online yea will be a pain but we are on a website with other like minded ppl lol the most well time consuming will be breaking all the records set by the great one in be a pro mode.im a natural born d-man but im going to have to play either the wing or centre to break them.
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • BeachemBeachem653,718
    Posted on 29 August 11 at 00:18
    Used to love watching Wayne play when I was younger. My older brothers were huge fans. This game is shaping up to be really damn good.
  • Posted on 29 August 11 at 01:51
    what about bobby orr, bobby hull,mark messier. alot more people should be invovled
  • UnarmedGorillaUnarmedGorilla1,014,003
    Posted on 29 August 11 at 02:26
    SCORPION XVIII said:
    what about bobby orr, bobby hull,mark messier. alot more people should be invovled
    ... Mike Bossy, Rocket Richard, Joe Sakic, Guy Lafleur, Doug Harvey, Scott Stevens, Domenick Hasek, Jaromir Jagr, Bryan Trottier... and the list could go on and on.
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin572,415
    Posted on 29 August 11 at 02:26
    Gretzky is NOT 88 overall in my heart, soul and spirit
  • Posted on 29 August 11 at 04:17
    can i just have a remake of Wayne Gretzky's 3-D hockey?
  • Posted on 29 August 11 at 04:33
    Great player, god awful coach.
  • Posted on 29 August 11 at 12:04
    UnarmedGorilla said:
    SCORPION XVIII said:
    ... Mike Bossy, Rocket Richard, Joe Sakic, Guy Lafleur, Doug Harvey, Scott Stevens, Domenick Hasek, Jaromir Jagr, Bryan Trottier... and the list could go on and on.
    Jagr is actually in the game,he did sign a contract with the flyers in the off season lol but yes this list could go on and on and on but this list of players are a great bunch of players to have,the only person i would replace would be roenick for Rocket Richard
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • EvoSeroEvoSero214,759
    Posted on 29 August 11 at 12:58, Edited on 29 August 11 at 12:59 by EvoSero
    Still not entirely clear on what this mode is, in terms of whether it's like a BAP variation with goals, or scenario based like that mode in Madden where you replay classic games attempting to get the same outcome.

If the former, one one hand I'd be confused as to why it wasn't added to BAP, but it'd also be a pain for things like Lemieux scoring his first goal as you'd only have once chance in your BAP career to match it.

If it's the latter, that's not bad then, and I assume that in going for the milestone you'd be doing it as that player, so it's not your BAP trying to score 50 in 39, but you play as Gretzky trying to do it?

If it seems obvious to others, let me know as they seem to imply some things but I'm not entirely sure.
  • Posted on 29 August 11 at 17:07
    looks sweet
  • ejenngsejenngs237,880
    Posted on 30 August 11 at 11:12
    EvoSero said:
    Still not entirely clear on what this mode is, in terms of whether it's like a BAP variation with goals, or scenario based like that mode in Madden where you replay classic games attempting to get the same outcome.

If the former, one one hand I'd be confused as to why it wasn't added to BAP, but it'd also be a pain for things like Lemieux scoring his first goal as you'd only have once chance in your BAP career to match it.

If it's the latter, that's not bad then, and I assume that in going for the milestone you'd be doing it as that player, so it's not your BAP trying to score 50 in 39, but you play as Gretzky trying to do it?

If it seems obvious to others, let me know as they seem to imply some things but I'm not entirely sure.
    The Legend Milestones he talked about (50 goals in 39 games or First goal on first shift etc) are in Be a Pro, you're trying to do that with your Be a Pro character which in turn unlocks the associated legend for use in other game modes.
  • A PhizzleA Phizzle149,904
    Posted on 30 August 11 at 20:26
    UnarmedGorilla said:
    SCORPION XVIII said:
    I would rather have any of those guys instead of Jeremy Roenick. He gets on my nerves, I defiantly don't think hes a legend.
  • Exia Of WarExia Of War116,687
    Posted on 30 August 11 at 21:55, Edited on 30 August 11 at 21:55 by Exia Of War
    Jaromir Jagr will be playable in the game itself considering he's on the Flyers this year

I'm surprised Sakic, Hull, Orr and Messier aren't in..

There just has to be more. Maybe dlc?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads