Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: April 28th, 2010

• Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:13
    This week on LIVE Arcade:

Tecmo Bowl Throwback - 800 MSP (US & Canada Only)

The legend is back! Tecmo Bowl® Throwback is a remake of the classic Tecmo Super Bowl, with the same rules and fast-paced gameplay as the original, but with the option to play it in brand new high-definition 3-D graphics. Switch it back to old school in real time with the same graphics and music from back in the day. Tecmo Bowl Throwback brings back the gameplay you loved, and stays true to the Tecmo Super Bowl legacy.

Pick your team
    : Play as any of the 32 teams with customizable team names and rosters in full seasons, and compare your season stats with other players on the online leaderboards.
    Battle your buddies: Battle it out with your friends in local multiplayer and kick off a game in Preseason, Season, or Pro Bowl modes.
    Bring your game to Xbox LIVE: For the ultimate challenge, go online and match your skills against other players in online multiplayer matches!
    And on top of that, we finally get some new additions to Game Room, these are: Basketball, Megamania, Night Stalker, Pitfall!, Rack ‘Em Up, Realsports Volleyball and Super Breakout.

These will be up for download on Wednesday.

UPDATE - Tecmo Bowl Throwback is actually only available for the US and Canada, and The Game Room titles have been delayed until further notice. Boo hiss boo!
  • I Yova II Yova I182,772
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:14
    Pitfall looks interesting for Game Room. I don't like this week Arcade though
    ...I crumble upon ignorance throne...
  • Rey PunisherRey Punisher438,184
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:14
    nothing good this week
  • DragonYenDragonYen855,896
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:18
    Pitfall, and Megamania -- two of my favorite all time Atari games. I however don't have game room yet.
    DragonYen - www.dragonyen.com
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:21
    finally more game room titles! others got boring after about an hour or two.
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:25
    Wow - I used to play Pitfall a LOT - will have to have another look at this one. Not sure though - as I thought I would REALLY want Yars Revenge - but it lost it's luster over the years.
  • SpilnerSpilner879,292
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:37
    ORLANDO42 said:
    There was more last week too, and will be every week.
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out... dont expect anything normal though
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator200,158
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:46
    Pitfall and Super Breakout may be interresting..
  • Avast MateyAvast Matey198,452
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 16:46
    <3 NES Tecmo Bowl. This could be amazing.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 10 at 17:01
    Pass on this week's XBLA...may pick up a Game Room game.
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 17:10
    Spilner1001 said:
    ORLANDO42 said:
    no, from what i know this is the first update of games since the initial list. i would have been all over new games if they came out last week.
  • SpilnerSpilner879,292
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 17:17
    ORLANDO42 said:
    Spilner1001 said:
    ORLANDO42 said:
    no, from what i know this is the first update of games since the initial list. i would have been all over new games if they came out last week.
    Yep my bad, what a tit i feel.
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out... dont expect anything normal though
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines524,099
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 17:30
    Night Stalker! WOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • AIZZYAIZZY110,113
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 18:02
    does anyone know how many games they are going to release for games room.

i'm struggleing with the whole idea at the mo as i can't see anything worth buying, any ideas?
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 18:13
    Super Breakout ftw.
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 18:54
    You forgot to mention the last two special stages and endless stage mode. Come out for Megaman 10 this week as well.
  • zigs00zigs00211,236
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 18:58
    Swordfish00830 said:
    You forgot to mention the last two special stages and endless stage mode. Come out for Megaman 10 this week as well.
    Not part of the XBLA Wednesday. Already posted here: Marketplace Schedule - April 20th to May 3rd
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
  • HoffmanHoffman153,340
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 20:23
    DragonYen said:
    Pitfall, and Megamania -- two of my favorite all time Atari games. I however don't have game room yet.
    Good thing it's free!?!
    I put the goo in the giggidy giggidy.
  • DragonYenDragonYen855,896
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 20:28
    Jon the Hoff said:
    DragonYen said:
    Good thing it's free!?!
    I've just been avoiding it. I don't like "unachievables" -- even those that should become available at some point. Once it can be completed, then I'll invest some time in to seeing if there is enough content that I want to fork over the MS points/Cash to buy all of the content I'd need to make it completable.
    DragonYen - www.dragonyen.com
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 20:34
    That Tecmo thing. What is American football so a no no for me.
    More game room titles = might have a look!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.