Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: April 28th, 2010

• A Wise NinjaA Wise Ninja137,855
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 20:53
    what is the basic premise of pitfall ?
    This is my signature, you do your best to remember that.
  • allstar738allstar738402,489
    Posted on 26 April 10 at 21:54
    Breakout, finally!
  • Posted on 26 April 10 at 23:27
    More Game Room games? Sweet. I'll probably be getting Rack 'Em Up or Pitfall.
    Cyberwaste @ www.SentencedGaming.com/ Proud plastic instrument addict.
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 00:28
    Yea i think i'll try pitfall...
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 04:06
    Make it Super Tecmo Bowl Throwback and I would pay 1200
    MotorCityFats13
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,835
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 04:26
    Looks pretty fun, and the achievements sound really easy too.
    Hey guys, you should check out this website: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ERIKDOTCOM
  • madmaxeymadmaxey395,029
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 04:42
    OMG!!! FINALLY!!! Tecmo Bowl!!!!!
    ah man i know what i'll be doing till Lost Planet 2 comes out headspin
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 05:20
    CarbonArgon said:
    That Tecmo thing. What is American football so a no no for me.
    More game room titles = might have a look!
    Are you speaking English?

Anyway, YAY TECMO BOWL.
    /grammarnazi
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,061,198
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 07:04, Edited on 27 April 10 at 07:06 by BLYAST
    Tecmo Bo!! :D

It's Jackson time Baby!!
    UMK3 - "You Will Never Win"
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 08:16
    Yeah, Bo knows god mode...

I think I'll actually get my second Game Room title... but will it be Pitfall or Super Breakout?
    "Explain to me how drowning them wouldn't ruin their date..."
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 09:11
    A Wise Ninja said:
    what is the basic premise of pitfall ?
    jumping over pits, avoiding snakes and barrels and jumping on crocodile heads...i think that just about covers it
  • albajosalbajos820,098
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 09:13
    Pitfall is also a mini game (or a strong reference to) in Marvel Ultimate Alliance if you have played that.
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 10:18
    albajos said:
    Pitfall is also a mini game (or a strong reference to) in Marvel Ultimate Alliance if you have played that.
    Yeah, I remember having a slight chuckle when I got to that part of the game.
    I'll probably get Pitfall eventually but I'm lacking the funds at the moment and i've got other games to play through first.
  • Cheese TouchCheese Touch501,866
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 12:25
    Mike Langlois said:
    Super Breakout ftw.
    Maybe. The original used paddles and the conversion to the gampads like the 360 and PS2 has not worked out so well in the past.
  • DefEdgeDefEdge853,584
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 13:00, Edited on 27 April 10 at 13:02 by DefEdge
    My research says that at least 2 of the Game Room titles are arcade games, 2 are Intellivision, and the other 3 are Atari 2600.

Rack 'em Up is a pool game (might seem obvious, could be a game about girls chests) made by Konami in 1987. It isn't too bad of a game if you like early arcade pool games, but there is a lack of angles that can frustrate some. The game sports a button choice system instead of an analog set up for the cue, but gives you 5 places to hit the ball with the cue to possibly compensate. This game also includes a few cutscenes when striking the ball and supports 2 players (unless we get LIVE support, this is local only.) In single player, you run the table by yourself, and there is no computer opponent (I could be wrong about this). 9 ball and Rotation are your choices.

Super Breakout could be one of 2, possibly 3 systems, but if this is the arcade cabinet, then it came out in 1978 by Atari. It seems simple, but there are 3 game types you can play (at least in my emu) with buttons to change them before you launch the ball. Cavity gives you 2 trapped balls in the bricks, allowing you to add more action. Progressive may or may not scroll as you play to give you more bricks. I just know there were 2 layers of bricks on the screen. Double gives you 2 paddles to control with the controller, and they move simultaneously. Unless you are really good, this is NOT a high scoring game, as 1000 points is a great score. The game also may or may not color the bricks in the Game Room, as the screen had a color overlay to simulate colors on a black and white game.
    Phear my Uber Gimpyness!
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 13:12
    Super Breakout ftw. Keep them coming please :)
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!!
  • Durango55Durango55269,759
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 13:50
    I'd love to see River Raid and pitfall 2 from the old Atari.

For arcade titles, I'd like to see Pengo, and some of the weirder pac-Man variants (Puck-Man (never happen, I know), pac-Man Plus, Super-Pack-Man), Burgertime, and Tron.
  • Posted on 27 April 10 at 14:20
    Night Stalker is a solid pick. That's one I had back in the day.

Still waiting for the Intellivision versions of Burger Time and Tron Deadly Disks...
  • A Wise NinjaA Wise Ninja137,855
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 15:45
    DefEdge said:
    Rack 'em Up is a pool game (might seem obvious, could be a game about girls chests)
    laugh
    This is my signature, you do your best to remember that.
  • Durango55Durango55269,759
    Posted on 27 April 10 at 18:22
    I'm not familiar at all with Night Stalker - looked up details about the game. Sound interesting!

I think it'd be funny if they ported over the Atari E.T game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.