Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: May 23rd, 2012

• Posted on 21 May 12 at 12:05Permalink
    Sega, hanging on memories, just die already :)
  • Jess StrykerJess Stryker995,022
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 13:18Permalink
    Good thing I just got a 4000 point card. Probably will wait on Monster World, but the other two may be early purchases. Loved Super Hang On.
  • Posted on 21 May 12 at 13:39Permalink
    RONSTER316 said:
    Can't wait to play Jet Set Radiooooooooooooo again smile
    You and me both - I put so many hours into the original that I had a bruise on my thumb from the DC pad's horrible analog stick!
  • Posted on 21 May 12 at 13:41Permalink
    Wonder Boy! I knew our paths would cross again someday. Be forewarned ye all, Alex Kidd sucks major arse.
    “It is impossible to correct abuses unless we know that they’re going on.” - J. Assange
  • ChocoriderChocorider273,089
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 13:46Permalink
    can't wait for the mosnter world collection. should be great to get monster world 4 for the first time ever.
  • Deadpool3982Deadpool3982457,570
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 13:53Permalink
    getting the monster world pack, loved those games and the addition of IV is fricking sweet
  • Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:01Permalink
    Man, Alex Kid in Miracle World is a Sega MASTER system game, thats really, really old.

Revenge Of Shinobi is a classic of course.

Wish they'd do more of the SEGA arcade classics though.
    Super Hang-On is nice, but how about Thunderblade, Powerdrift, Galaxy Force, Outrun and the mighty Space Harrier.

Or even better, how about updates to those classic titles like they did with Afterburner?
  • Falcon BurnsFalcon Burns166,797
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:12Permalink
    FutureShark said:
    better, how about updates to those classic titles like they did with Afterburner?
    As long as they aren't like those SEGA Ages ones, remakes of Golden Axe, Space Harrier, Outrun could have been awesome... but they FAILED!

Power Drift would be awesome to see again. clap
  • KMetalmindKMetalmind184,369
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:33Permalink
    I agree with most of you. I think this should have been three collections:
    * Alex Kidd collection: Miracle World, Shinobi World, High-Tech World.
    * Shinobi Collection: Shinobi, Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi III.
    * Mega Games Collection: Super Hang On, World Cup Italia 90, Columns.

Why they have mixed those 3 IPs together?
    La vida es una búsqueda constante hacia algo mejor
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude669,365
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:34Permalink
    I'll pick up the Joy Ride game eventually. I like the games where you get to play as your avatar. Wish that could have been an option in Minecraft.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your
  • draibadraiba431,756
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:35Permalink
    Revenge of Shinobi on xbox360!! That are good news!
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon403,524
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 14:49Permalink
    SEGA remakes FTW! However, I agree that more Shinobi would have been epic. I'm down for any nostalgia gaming from SEGA.

Still recommend the Sonic Collection. It has awesome old school games.
  • Barad 007Barad 007755,740
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 15:42Permalink
    This is awesome!
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • Zacry072Zacry072976,010
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 15:44Permalink
    I'll eventually get those Sega collections.
  • Posted on 21 May 12 at 16:26Permalink
    Looks like I'm the only one who ever liked Alex Kidd... still got the original Miracle World on a card for the first Master System, and yes it still works. Rock, Paper, Scissors, anyone? smile

I agree with those talking about Shinobi, though - frickin' loved those games, although I'd add the Game Gear / Master System Shinobi that I forget the name of. It had five or six different coloured Shinobi's, each with different powers. It was a bit like the Metroidvania-style games around that time, as you could go back and do the missions with different colours and find different routes.

As for Wonder Boy - only ever played 1 and 2 on the Master System, but did enjoy them quite a bit. Not sure if nostalgia's blinding me to the faults they had or not, though.

Moving away from Sega - that Joyride game was what we all were supposed to get last year or the year before and it was meant to be 100% free as well. Bad move, Microsoft....
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live…”
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 May 12 at 16:35Permalink
    note to all game makers past present and future, I WILL PAY AGAIN to play the games I paid for decades ago ONLY if cheevos are added to them :) with that in mind, lets bring back EVERY GAME EVER MADE with cheevos added!!!
  • Posted on 21 May 12 at 16:37Permalink
    I reaaaaaaaally want Joy Ride Turbo.
    -- Don't bother racing a fast car if you can't handle the power --
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64259,133
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 16:44Permalink
    i want "wonderboy in monsterland", the arcade about a guy on a skate jumping on clouds xD
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • End FuhzEnd Fuhz81,492
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 17:05Permalink
    I'll pass.
    FuhzDHAT <3
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity121,161
    Posted on 21 May 12 at 17:26Permalink
    Streets of Rage needs to hurry up...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.