Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Live Fan Appreciation Sale

• AhayzoAhayzo1,422,317
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 02:28, Edited on 23 November 11 at 02:30 by Ahayzo
    KanjiKoka said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Fucking sales... just bought 6000 for this sale and in 5 minutes, spent 5760 of it.
    Just like that?! It all makes sense now...

- well, it...did before actually. wink
    I've been waiting for each of them that I bought to go on sale (minus Ms Splosion Man, forgot I had even wanted that one). I didn't exactly expect it to happen at once, and I hate myself for it facepalm. Had these been 1, maybe 2 at a time I would get some equal time with each of them. Now... who knows how long till I get to anything I bought besides Stacking and possible Nightwing (wasn't on sale, but I bought it)

Usually the most I'll spend at once is 2-3000MSP, and that's only if I'm buying more expensive XBLA games, or a shitload of music for Rock Band. But I can't pass up a great deal on multiple things I wanted... I'm a victim damnitangry
  • J PinderJ Pinder722,325
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 02:41
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC! YESSSS. I was really hoping it would go on sale around this time.

DeathSpank: The Baconing! I just finished Thongs of Virtue. This is awesome. Every DeathSpank game has been well worth the 600msp in humor and hack-n-slash action.

Gonna check out quite a few demos, too. And like someone posted earlier, check out the Major's Minute video on the dashboard (Inside XBox section). He details a good portion of the Friday and Monday sales.
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka313,329
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 02:54, Edited on 23 November 11 at 03:07 by KanjiKoka
    J Pinder said:
    And like someone posted earlier, check out the Major's Minute video on the dashboard (Inside XBox section). He details a good portion of the Friday and Monday sales.
    Thanks. My screen went dim with his mug holding the lancer. lol

EDIT:
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 324 points on Friday?!!! shock Is this right?! lol
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • D1SCOD1SCO560,028
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 03:02, Edited on 23 November 11 at 03:04 by D1SCO
    BACONING GET IN MAH BELLY!!!

I want a sale on The Sacrifice for the original Left 4 Dead since it was shitty to charge twice for this in the first place.
  • takuto nekotakuto neko183,656
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 04:36
    Yaaaay stacking is back on sale and the baconing is also slashed in price are both purchases for me :D each deathspank games I've managed to get on sale so aaawwweeessooome!
  • TatamiGeishaTatamiGeisha124,554
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 04:48
    these deals could have been so much better i wish theyd reduced Alien Breed episode 3 i mean they did the first 2 before. maybe reduce some of these dang arcade games that are more worth purchasing. =\
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 04:53
    Nabbed the Marvel tables, but that's about it.
    Though I should probably be buying SMB and Stacking, I'm not 100% sure.
  • Erickson187Erickson187569,030
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 05:32
    There is no need to buy the Elder Scrolls DLC just pick up a used copy of the GOTY edition from gamestop and then download it to your hard drive and then return it for your money back. You will get all the DLC for free.

MugenKairo said:
    Damn, already had Super Meat Boy, Stacking, Fancy Pants Adventure and AC: Brotherhood DLC i've just been waiting on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Shivering Isles DLC to get a decent discount (at least 800) for me to pick it up, but again no luck.

Sales always happen just after you decide to buy something full price...
  • RobotZombearRobotZombear145,723
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 05:36
    makes me want to buy meat boy again what a steal! if you dont own meatboy you should fix that. Fancy pants was pretty good too...Debating stacking but i will wait till last day if i want it.
    Technozombie83
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100198,178
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 05:48
    I already own Stacking, the Marvel tables, and Outrun. I'll probably pick up the Baconing, the Da Vinci Disappearance, and the other Pinball tables once I can get back to my Xbox again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 November 11 at 05:52, Edited on 23 November 11 at 05:54 by
    I was just on Live and they also have Weapon of Choice and Flotilla for 200 pts. each. and Sega Soccer Slam for 600 pts....whatever those games are.
    Nevermind...they're Indie and Xbox Originals games. lol
  • J PinderJ Pinder722,325
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 05:57
    KanjiKoka said:
    EDIT: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for 324 points on Friday?!!! shock Is this right?! lol
    Yeah, I was busting for that one, too. It'll likely be 320msp ($4 U.S.), with the actual percentage rounded to sound better. I remember last year they put a firesale on Splosion Man for 160msp... I was balking at MvC2 before (at $15), since I have the Dreamcast release. But for $4, hell yeah I'll play it up again on the mega-console that is the 360.
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 06:43
    Outrun Online Arcade is suppose to be taken off the XBLA in a month... nice job there.

I do have a question about that though. If I get all the online achievements, do I need to complete the game before they delist it; do I have to have an internet connection to play?

The reason I ask is becasue people say it is being taken off the delisted from the xbox and the game also suggests that is might require LIVE in order to play.

Also, by delisting, are they delisting just the game, or taken away all online activity, or taking away the full game?

Just some dumb questions, but I would like them to be answered smile.
  • CamTheeGamerCamTheeGamer1,701,344
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 06:52
    bosoxdanc said:
    These deals are meh to me...
    Exactly.
  • Jonas512Jonas512322,720
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 07:11
    Time to pick up Stacking, The Baconing, and Super Meat Boy. Nice smile
  • Z0MBIESINCZ0MBIESINC449,337
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 07:52
    I'd consider a few of these games if I didn't already own them. Still, very cool that they're having such a sale!
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan763,633
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:04
    A new update on the new dash had enabled the premium theme backdrops on the friends list
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Charlott3Charlott3234,403
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:05
    I downloaded the Da Vinci Disappearance just two weeks ago.. >.<
    However, will be downloading the Brotherhood theme and maybe the Bejeweled games
  • Master KraneMaster Krane191,743
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:14
    Super Meat Boy and the Pinball Fx 2 content are a steal at this price. Buy them.

Nothing I want that I haven't already got in the sale though.
    http://sinisteralternative.blogspot.com/
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman491,211
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:24, Edited on 23 November 11 at 08:50 by HeyMrBassman
    Most tempted by The Baconing and the AC Brotherhood DLC. I'll probably pick up W40K Kill Team and Beyond Good and Evil in the one day sales too. That should keep me busy for a while.

Have they patched Daggerdale yet?
    'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.